Post your Southwest Airline boarding pass results!

recyclelady

If you're a couple and you get the aisle

and the window and someone comes toward you, does one of you scoot over so you can sit together?

I have a long flight coming up on Southwest, and I won't sit in the middle. DH always likes the window so we can't do two aisles. I know it'll be awkward to have someone between us, but I'm not gonna move (if I get an aisle that is). DH is like Don't you want to sit next to me? :eek:

Well, can't you ask him the same thing?

Keep the aisle seat and he can keep the window. No one wants to sit in the middle seat.

Well, can't you ask him the same thing?

I agree with that :D and if he's got a problem with it say fine, next flight were on an airline that has first class and you can have your damn window seat with me sitting next to you. :eek:

Yikes! Checked in 3 minutes past the 24-hour slot for our flight tomorrow and got B41 and 42! Hope that doesn't mean that we'll both be in middle seats!!:(

Do you mean 41B and 42B? If so, yes they are both middle seats, one behind the other.

Booked many months ago with EB. Just printed it out and got A19 & A20.

PDX/DEN and DEN/FLL. So not likely worth the added expense.

I'm confused that is a great boarding number :confused: Didn't you read the previous post where the guy got boarding passes B 41 & 42 and he called 3 minutes past the 24 hour period.

By the way NHBob these are not seats its just the order that you board in. First group A then B then C. You line up in numerical order. Once you are on the plane you grab what ever seat is available. This is the reason people want to board first so they can get the best seat choice.

Just called in exactly at the 24hour mark and we got B06 and B07.

What are our chances of an aisle and window?:confused:

Someone posted this earlier I hope it helps.

To clarify there are a total of 60 numbers in the A boarding group. 60 spots in the B boarding group. A1-15 are for Business Select, A16-25'ish are for A-Listers. It is possible to get a number in these lower groups, but that is how they are typically reserved. So again, it's not 60 A's + A-List and/or Business Select.

You also need to take into consideration that the plane might be on a stop over so other travelers could already be on the plane.

I think you will be fine.

Yvonne

Thanks, Yvonne.:)

Now I have a dumb question.

How do you know if your flight is connecting (before you get on). It's a 7:10 am non stop to LV from Tampa. Is there some place to look to see if it's the first of the day?

Thanks, Yvonne.:)

Now I have a dumb question.

How do you know if your flight is connecting (before you get on). It's a 7:10 am non stop to LV from Tampa. Is there some place to look to see if it's the first of the day?

That's not a dumb question yet I have no idea maybe someone else has a answer for you. I would play around on SW website and see what you can find. I'd say if your flight is a 7:10 AM flight the chances are very good its not a stop over.

Yvonne

By the way NHBob these are not seats its just the order that you board in. First group A then B then C. You line up in numerical order. Once you are on the plane you grab what ever seat is available. This is the reason people want to board first so they can get the best seat choice.

Didn't know that - been a long time since I've flown Southwest and when I did it was usually on short flights, so I didn't care much about seat selection.

System sounds complicated - how do they manage to get people to line up in numerical order, or even listen to announcements? My experience with other carriers, with assigned seating and boarding by rows or group numbers, is that a substantial number of people don't seem to get the word!

Bob

System sounds complicated - how do they manage to get people to line up in numerical order, or even listen to announcements?
I've walked past a few Southwest gates in the last couple of years. The system appears to involve them setting up a series of boards, in front of which the passengers queue up. So there's a board for A1-A15 (or whatever), a board for A16-30 etc - and you're supposed to stand in order in front of the appropriate board so that you can be boarded in order.

I have fond memories of last doing something like that when I was in primary school.

I haven't managed to see a flight actually boarding, so I don't know whether it's considered a bit infra dig, or poor etiquette, on Southwest if you have A15 (for example) and you put on your best running shoes so that you can overtake A1-A14 between the gate and the aircraft. I hear that this is something that one sees on Ryanair flights, but that's a completely different world of course.

It does illustrate that if you want the best chance of a good seat on Southwest, it's not enough to get a low boarding number. You also have to go to the gate early to make sure you're in one of the "early" queues before boarding starts. I know that I wouldn't be able to adopt my usual approach to boarding an aircraft, which is to time it so that I arrive at the gate just before it closes.

Didn't know that - been a long time since I've flown Southwest and when I did it was usually on short flights, so I didn't care much about seat selection.

System sounds complicated - how do they manage to get people to line up in numerical order, or even listen to announcements? My experience with other carriers, with assigned seating and boarding by rows or group numbers, is that a substantial number of people don't seem to get the word!

Bob

Oh its very organized now Bob they have these posts lined up in the waiting area. The post have numbers like 1-10, 10-20, 20-30 and on an on. Of course the A's line up first so if your number is A10 you get in between that post. People will walk up and say what is your number and if they have lets say A9 then they get in front of you. The first time I experienced this I was really confused :confused:. Now I got it down.

There is not too many announcements going on like other airlines do it. I know what you mean who can hear those over head announcements. Then everyone rushes forward if their boarding group is called. Southwest avoids that with this type of boarding.

By the way we have been flying on American for our last few cruises out of Florida. This will be our first time flying on SW all the way to FL.

Yvonne

Back from my RT flight on SW.

B4 and 5 outbound (calling at 24 hours). No problems getting an aisle and window (toward the back of the plane). The middle seat remained empty.

Although one woman came up to me and asked me to move (to a middle), so she and her husband could sit together - lol. It wasn't even a "could you please" or "do you mind," it was "would you move to another seat so a husband a wife could sit together." I stayed put.

Returning we had A39 and A40 with an EB. Some people behind also had paid the $10 and thought our numbers were kinda high, but we got an aisle and window (but this time, since the flight was full, someone did sit in the middle).

Back from my RT flight on SW.

B4 and 5 outbound (calling at 24 hours). No problems getting an aisle and window (toward the back of the plane). The middle seat remained empty.

Although one woman came up to me and asked me to move (to a middle), so she and her husband could sit together - lol. It wasn't even a "could you please" or "do you mind," it was "would you move to another seat so a husband a wife could sit together." I stayed put.

Returning we had A39 and A40 with an EB. Some people behind also had paid the $10 and thought our numbers were kinda high, but we got an aisle and window (but this time, since the flight was full, someone did sit in the middle).

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us all.

As posted before flights the EB gave us A19 and 20. Good choice PDX to DEN. worse on DEN to FLL. On return FLL to PHX we got A52 and 53. Most desireable seats taken. PHX to PDX A28 and 29. Bottom line: Waste of money. A52 when purchased four months ago-not!

I haven't managed to see a flight actually boarding, so I don't know whether it's considered a bit infra dig, or poor etiquette, on Southwest if you have A15 (for example) and you put on your best running shoes so that you can overtake A1-A14 between the gate and the aircraft. I hear that this is something that one sees on Ryanair flights, but that's a completely different world of course.

It does illustrate that if you want the best chance of a good seat on Southwest, it's not enough to get a low boarding number.

With all due respect, if you don't know how the system works, you shouldn't be spreading false information. Readers should ignore the above incorrect post.

The system is simple. You have a number. You line up in an orderly line. You board the plane in order. Much simplier and more civilized than traditional airlines, where a boarding group is called and people rush to be first in that group (in the hope they get overhead space.)

• 4 months later...
Five minutes past the 24 hour mark....we got B22 and 23. Not horrible but had hoped for better!

Wow that is surprising I checked in a few hours before my flight out of Vegas and got the same boarding numbers as you.

I paid the extra $10 for a flight I have in November and another in December. When do I learn my boarding #? It's not on my ticket. Do I get it when I check in????

Southwest assigns boarding group numbers to individuals who purchased EB 36 hours prior to a flight (compared to 24 hours for non-EB folks). To find out what you ended up with, you have a choice. You can log in at home and do the check-in routine and your resulting boarding pass will have your group number. Alternatively, you can wait until you get to the airport and print out your boarding pass then and see your boarding group.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived