Post your Southwest Airline boarding pass results!

recyclelady

We did the Early Bird ($10 a shot) booking for our return from our cruise on March 6. We knew there was no way we were going to check-in at the Internet cafe and we had all of our family members with us---couldn't get anyone to do it at home.

Worked well. My husband, daughter, son-in-law and I had A18-21. My son-in-law is 6 ft. 4 in. He was grateful for the exit row seat! We were flying Ft. Lauderdale to Chicago.

My son was flying Ft. Lauderdale to Las Vegas, with a connecting flight there to Los Angeles. I think he had A22 with the EB. I'm not sure what his connecting flight was, but I know it was an A too.

I will probably stick with checking myself in at the 24 hour mark EXCEPT for a return trip where internet access is difficult.

Just printed boarding pass for BWI to LAS barely seconds within 24 hr mark and got A47. Holy cow, this is fine by me but either a lot of folks are now doing the EB thing or there are a lot of people hanging around their PC's. For the return I simply went with the EB as it would have cost $5 to pint one out at the hotel anyway and now I do not have to hang around waiting for the 24 hr. mark and who wants to do that in Las Vegas.

Ok folks,

For the EB pass I wound up with A31. As I noted above doing online check-in from the hotel would have been $5 anyway so no big deal. As an aside I noticed about a week out that all flights returning to BWI were listed as unavailable so I assume they were sold out for that day and my flight had not one empty seat.

Return flight today -- LAX -- ABQ Early Bird seats = 20A 21A. By the way, LAX SWA terminal was a zoo this morning. Lines all the way out the front door for check in. Took 40 minutes to get to the counter and 30 through security. Good thing we were there early.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

Will I fly them again? Sure, if I can't get a better fare on an airline that offers seat assignments.

Hmm. "Better fare" isn't the whole story. The fare has to be up to $120 less than Southwest's fare if you check two pieces of luggage each way. Remember, Southwest doesn't charge for the first two pieces of checked luggage.

Hmm. "Better fare" isn't the whole story. The fare has to be up to $120 less than Southwest's fare if you check two pieces of luggage each way. Remember, Southwest doesn't charge for the first two pieces of checked luggage.

Luggage is a factor only when we plan to check bags. We are flying to Las Vegas in May and booked with Delta. We were able to confirm our preferred seats and each of us will manage with just a carry-on.

I'm looking now at flights for June & September and debating between Jet Blue & Southwest. Waiting for SWA fall schedules to open, then we consider a lot of factors before booking. One of those factors is the check-in / boarding / seat assignment concern - for us, this is a point against Southwest. Different strokes...

Here's is why I love CC. I've never flown SW but knew there wasn't assigned seating. I learned about the EB purchase off this thread. Since there are 3 of us flying and in my family the vacation starts on the plane, I went ahead and purchased both legs. Here's hoping we get decent boarding. (At least I want to sit three in a row!). I swayed between buying and not buying, but decided one less thing to worry about!

Happy cruising!:eek:

We just got back from our cruise. We booked Southwest using the EB from Philly to Ft. Lauderdale. We had A24 and A25. My sister and brother in law went with us and they didn't use EB. They checked in exactly 24 hours i advance and had A49 and A50.

We flew back on US Air and had assigned seats. They no longer board the passengers by row but by "Zones"? The boarding area was a total zoo. We will definitely use Southwest using the EB for our next cruise. It is much more orderly and you can't beat the price.

I fly solo on SWA, and never pay the $10.00 for EB. This past Jan., I had purchased two one-way tickets BHM - PDX and PDX - BHM, as it was much cheaper. I had two different booking numbers, but when I printed off my boarding pass 24 hours before leaving BHM, it automatically connected to my second booking number, so I got boarding passes for both in the A group. This included the layovers in ABQ (first res.) and LAS (2nd res.). Not bad for $178.00! (A previous LUV voucher paid for the additional $56.00). This was a 72-hour $94 each way deal. Now....on my computer daily, hoping that SWA offers the same deal again.

Return flight TUC -- ABQ. I did EB because I knew I would be on the golf course. My wife didn't get the EB and went online right at the 24 hour mark. I got A-32 and she got A-42. Not that much difference this time.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

• 2 weeks later...

We did a r/t between LAS and CMH last week (Tues out/Sun return) using EB. Outbound, we had A17 & 18. On the return, we got A19 & 20, but had only one person in front of us at the gate both times. Got to sit in the emergency row with the great leg room both ways! Love the EB and not having to check-in ahead of time. Thanks, Southwest! :)

• 3 weeks later...
We did pay for EB check-in and I checked in at the 24 hr mark.

Possibly you may already know, but unless you are just curious about your boarding position or want to have a boarding pass in hand when you arrive at the airport, there is no need to check-in 24 hours in advance with EB as your boarding position is predetermined by Southwest 36 hours in advance.

Possibly you may already know, but unless you are just curious about your boarding position or want to have a boarding pass in hand when you arrive at the airport, there is no need to check-in 24 hours in advance with EB as your boarding position is predetermined by Southwest 36 hours in advance.

We wanted to print our boarding passes and were curious as to what EB #s we had gotten. Since this is our first time on SWA, it somehow seems more exciting than all the other times we have flown and had assigned seats;).

Last month I did a RT from BWI to San Diego with a very tight connection time on a plane change on the way out, 35 mins. I booked the EB deal with the idea of getting on the outbound flight as early in the process as possible and sitting in the first available seat near the exit door. As it happened the flight from BWI was about 15 mins late in daparting and luckily I was able to exit quickly and get to the next gate as the boarding process had already begun with the B group. I did havean A something boarding pass so just stepped up as the next group was about to board. As a side note I did have checked baggage and I am amazed that it made it to the connecting flight with what was at most 20-25 mins between landing and departing.

I hope this isn't a dumb question, but we are flying with SWA for the first time this August. I am reading about getting passes A36, B2, etc. etc. Can someone explain this system? I know that the "A" stands for the group you are assigned to, but what is the significance of the number? Is it your seat number? Or are you called to board in that specific order? If I am holding a boarding pass A36, does that mean that ALL 'A' boarding passes run up at the same time? or do they line up in order of their numbers?

I haven't purchased the Early Bird yet, but may do so because my husband had extensive knee surgery and needs an aisle seat for his right knee. He's not very good at running with hoards of people to catch the right seat, so I hope it's not like that.

The number just represents your place in line to board within that group. There are posts at the boarding gates with the numbers from 1 -60 and folks with A passes simply stand in the appropriate spot corresponding to their boarding pass. Once on board you are free to sit in any open seat. Once the first 30 A folks board they generally ask the first 30 B folks to line up etc.

The number just represents your place in line to board within that group. There are posts at the boarding gates with the numbers from 1 -60 and folks with A passes simply stand in the appropriate spot corresponding to their boarding pass. Once on board you are free to sit in any open seat. Once the first 30 A folks board they generally ask the first 30 B folks to line up etc.

Thanks for the quick response. I've just purchased the EarlyBird option for the 5 of us. If we are assigned, say, A40, does that mean we wait until the person with A39 has boarded? or do all the A's board en masse? Sorry if I'm having trouble understanding! :o

Thanks for the quick response. I've just purchased the EarlyBird option for the 5 of us. If we are assigned, say, A40, does that mean we wait until the person with A39 has boarded? or do all the A's board en masse? Sorry if I'm having trouble understanding! :o

You board right after A39. You line up by numbers and board in that order.

Archived