Changes with FCC's

bionicbeacher

OK, heard back, and this seems to be like a continuing soap opera. She had not gotten any word about things going back the way they were in the past, but it seems that Princess is again putting out conflicting reports on whether this is necessary to use two FCC's or not. She is still looking into it, and said some are slipping through the cracks and using only one FCC the way it used to be, but there is no definite answer to this yet. You are still able to book the first two passengers with one FCC and an extra $100, but only one is supposed to receive the shipboard credit attached this way. And that is what she is finding out with each booking this past week. She has been told that unless both book with an FCC, shipboard credit will only be given to the one with the FCC.

Anyone wanting to make sure they receive the onboard credit associated with booking with an FCC needs to use one per person.

Remember, Princess took away a lot of shipboard credit for those that booked after the September 17th date for the second passenger. It is up to each individual if they wish to take a chance and maybe not receive it.

Personally, we will play it safe until the jury comes back on this one, just to be sure.

OK, heard back, and this seems to be like a continuing soap opera. She had not gotten any word about things going back the way they were in the past, but it seems that Princess is again putting out conflicting reports on whether this is necessary to use two FCC's or not. She is still looking into it, and said some are slipping through the cracks and using only one FCC the way it used to be, but there is no definite answer to this yet. You are still able to book the first two passengers with one FCC and an extra $100, but only one is supposed to receive the shipboard credit attached this way. And that is what she is finding out with each booking this past week. She has been told that unless both book with an FCC, shipboard credit will only be given to the one with the FCC.

Anyone wanting to make sure they receive the onboard credit associated with booking with an FCC needs to use one per person.

Remember, Princess took away a lot of shipboard credit for those that booked after the September 17th date for the second passenger. It is up to each individual if they wish to take a chance and maybe not receive it.

Personally, we will play it safe until the jury comes back on this one, just to be sure.

Thanks Toto for asking your TA. I was going to email my TA but think we use the same one so now I won't have to email her. I plan to make sure that all future FCC's are in both our names. Don't want to miss out on any of their OBCs.

Anyone wanting to make sure they receive the on board credit associated with booking with an FCC needs to use one per person.

Hi Toto2Kansas ...great information.

I just heard from our friends on the Star and they will be talking with the FCC Rep today to find out the situation and I hope to hear from our TA as well sometime later today.....we'll find out the consensus and report back.

There is no doubt that the next time we board a Princess ship we will get FCC's in each of our names.

Ken

• 3 weeks later...

I called Princess yesterday and asked about this. The rep told me, "we have never permitted only one FCC to be used and both passengers got OBCs." I then asked her how long she has been there (3 years). I told her that she was mistaken or misinformed, as we have all been doing that for years. She then put me on hold and told me that after checking she found out that the policy at Princess has always been only the person supplying the FCC gets an OBC, but that a computer glitch, recently fixed, caused the first two passengers to get OBCs.

It always disturbs me when reps simply state something (untrue) as fact, when they really don't know what they are talking about. And the second response, regarding a glitch, just doesn't pass muster. Those of us that have the pre-September FCC letters know that the language at the bottom of the page clearly indicates that the privileges apply to the first two passengers in a cabin. It is only after September that the new letters indicate that the FCC can only be used by the named individual and that the OBC only applies to the person presenting the FCC.

I have a pre-September FCC and a post-September FCC, both in my name. I intended to use one to book plus $100 for my wife, and both get OBCs. I sounds as though Princess may not be honoring this, even with the pre-September FCCs. Alternatively, I would want to transfer the post-September FCC to my wife's name so that we both can get OBCs on our next cruise. Seems simple enough, but often things are not simple in practice.

I called Princess yesterday and asked about this. The rep told me, "we have never permitted only one FCC to be used and both passengers got OBCs." I then asked her how long she has been there (3 years). I told her that she was mistaken or misinformed, as we have all been doing that for years. She then put me on hold and told me that after checking she found out that the policy at Princess has always been only the person supplying the FCC gets an OBC, but that a computer glitch, recently fixed, caused the first two passengers to get OBCs.

It always disturbs me when reps simply state something (untrue) as fact, when they really don't know what they are talking about. And the second response, regarding a glitch, just doesn't pass muster. Those of us that have the pre-September FCC letters know that the language at the bottom of the page clearly indicates that the privileges apply to the first two passengers in a cabin. It is only after September that the new letters indicate that the FCC can only be used by the named individual and that the OBC only applies to the person presenting the FCC.

I have a pre-September FCC and a post-September FCC, both in my name. I intended to use one to book plus $100 for my wife, and both get OBCs. I sounds as though Princess may not be honoring this, even with the pre-September FCCs. Alternatively, I would want to transfer the post-September FCC to my wife's name so that we both can get OBCs on our next cruise. Seems simple enough, but often things are not simple in practice.

My pre September FCC and October FCC were identical. Doesn't matter now, since I've used them all. We never fell into the trap because we always purchased and used one per person.

I don't believe there is any difficulty with using two FCC's in the same name ...the problem seems to be with the OBC.

Here is my problem with the situation. If I purchase 4 FCC's in my name what difference does it make if I split them up between my wife and 2 children when I book. Why should Princess deny me the OBC for the other 3 passengers. It's the same $400 deposit no matter how you look at it.

Now that being said, when I purchased my last FCC's I was told that I couldn't purchase them for my children because they were not sailing with us at the time (They are past passengers). However, when I book in the future I would only have to pay the extra $100 each and they would receive the OBC. Can someone explain the difference here? In this state of economics I would think that Princess would do what ever they can to secure future cruise sales either by allowing you to purchase them for past passengers not traveling with you at the time or by allowing you to only use one plus $100 which would keep extra FCC's in your acct. The more FCC's you have in an account the more likely you are to come back.

:confused:If I book a cruise using 2 FCCs and have to cancel within the time allowed for full refund, do I get my FCCs back or just the $200 used to buy them?

They give you a choice when cancel. Just tell either the Princess Rep or your TA to credit your Captain's circle acct if that is what you desire.

Here is my problem with the situation. If I purchase 4 FCC's in my name what difference does it make if I split them up between my wife and 2 children when I book. Why should Princess deny me the OBC for the other 3 passengers. It's the same $400 deposit no matter how you look at it.

Now that being said, when I purchased my last FCC's I was told that I couldn't purchase them for my children because they were not sailing with us at the time (They are past passengers). However, when I book in the future I would only have to pay the extra $100 each and they would receive the OBC. Can someone explain the difference here? In this state of economics I would think that Princess would do what ever they can to secure future cruise sales either by allowing you to purchase them for past passengers not traveling with you at the time or by allowing you to only use one plus $100 which would keep extra FCC's in your acct. The more FCC's you have in an account the more likely you are to come back.

Long story short the FCC must be in the passengers name that is using one, and you have to use 2 now or no onboard credit. If you have 4 and your wife has none then you would have to have the Captains Circle transfer 1 to you wifes account. Most will tell you it can't be done but it can and we just did this.

As far as the kids thats another story, I doubt Princess will let you use your FCC's for them.

If you look at the fine print on your FCC receipt, it explains the problem you may have here. It definitely states that they are non-transferable. Now, as Colo says, this might be possible if you purchased the FCC's before the change in policy. But I doubt you would be able to assign them to someone that was not on the cruise when they were purchased. Worth a try, but I wouldn't get my hopes up on this for the others being given the OBC associated with it.

Just a little FYI that you can use how you wish:

FCC's are attached to your CC number in the system. CC numbers for family members (husband, wife and kids) are all the same but with a letter at the end. My dh and I have the same number but he has an A and I have a B and the kids are C and D.

FCC's are attached to your CC number in the system. CC numbers for family members (husband, wife and kids) are all the same but with a letter at the end. My dh and I have the same number but he has an A and I have a B and the kids are C and D.

Ahhhhhhhh, I smell another loop hole. lol

The FCC's are still associated with a name though.

The FCC's are still associated with a name though.

Yes they are. And can only be purchased for those actually on the sailing. It sounds like there is still some confusing information being passed around. I will try to get more info when I go in to work on Monday.

Yes they are. And can only be purchased for those actually on the sailing. It sounds like there is still some confusing information being passed around. I will try to get more info when I go in to work on Monday.

Please try to find out if the FCCs are in one person's name can they be used also by the spouse. Quite often when a couple fills out the form for the FCCs, Princess issues them in one name.

Thanks

Please try to find out if the FCCs are in one person's name can they be used also by the spouse. Quite often when a couple fills out the form for the FCCs, Princess issues them in one name.

Thanks

This is why I don't just leave my form w/o speaking to the rep.

This is why I don't just leave my form w/o speaking to the rep.

Pia, I always just fill out the form and have never spoken to the rep. What I do to keep things the way they are supposed to be is to fill out two forms, one with my name, one with his, and then the amount of FCC's per form ordered. Never needed to stand in line to do this in person. ;)

That is wonderful that you are willing to "help us"! If anything - you can express how confused people are with the changes.

I hope your job is going well!

Pia, I always just fill out the form and have never spoken to the rep. What I do to keep things the way they are supposed to be is to fill out two forms, one with my name, one with his, and then the amount of FCC's per form ordered. Never needed to stand in line to do this in person. ;)

Exactly. We just use seperate forms and there is no problem.

Mike:)

This is my point one family one account. I understand all of the verbiage but it just doesn't make sense. If they are allowing me to book one adult and one child in each room with the FCC and $100 why don't they just let me buy one FCC in each name? Then I can book the children in one room and my wife and me in the other. I wouldn't have to go through all of the red tape to switch things around when we board.

Thanks

We had this situation come up a couple of times where the FCC's cruises I canceled were all put back under my name when each should have gone back in mine and DW's. We have never had a problem asking Captains Circle to move one over either way and I just did this very thing 2 weeks ago.

Archived