Changes with FCC's

bionicbeacher

This post got me looking for the 2 FCC letters I purchased recently on the Dawn Princess - as well as the Australian free ones I got for australian cruises as well.

I cannot find them? any suggestions as to where to write about the ones we purchased to ensure we can use them in the future?:confused::o

This post got me looking for the 2 FCC letters I purchased recently on the Dawn Princess - as well as the Australian free ones I got for australian cruises as well.

I cannot find them? any suggestions as to where to write about the ones we purchased to ensure we can use them in the future?:confused::o

Today I rebooked a cruise that I canceled last month. When I originally booked the cruise back in May I used 2FCC’s one in my name and one in my wife’s name. We booked two interior rooms, each with a child and adult. I paid a $100 deposit for each child. Princess gave each of us a $25 OBC. Last month I canceled the cruise because I didn’t think we would be able to go at that time. When I rebooked the cruise today I was able to book the children with a $100 deposit as I did previously but I was told that the rules changed and I would not receive the OBC for the children. I had 2 FCC’s under my name and I was able to use one as a deposit for my son but he will not receive the $25 OBC. I have no complaints because when I booked originally the price was $579.00 each I rebooked at $364 each in a better category than I had originally. So it was well worth it to lose the $50 OBC. To make the deal even better it is a repo cruise I only have to fly one way and I booked the flight for $105 each from NY to San Juan.

We just returned from two b/b 30-day cruises - SF to Syd 09/23 to 10/24 and Syd to LA 10/24 to 11/22. I talked at length with the Future Cruise Consultants on both cruises. They were two different people. The man on the first cruise had been with Princess for 6 years I believe he said. He told me that when the FCC program was originally set up it was to have been that each person needed an FCC in their name to receive the OBC but that the computer had not been set up to handle it that way (glitch way back then) and therefore many of us were able to use just one FCC and still get the onboard credit for two with the extra $100 deposit at booking. He said now the computer has been changed and this will no longer be the case. Since we had no more FCCs in our account anyway, I didn't think to ask if FCCs issued prior to the September change would still allow this, but I would think if you have the letter they issued at the time they would have to honor it.

Anyway, we bought 6 FCCs on the cruise by filling out the form, dropping it in the box, and having the letters delivered to our cabin. I put both our names on the one form, and we each received letters. We haven't been home long enough to check our My Princess accounts to check that they are listed, but I'll do that soon. I saw this thread and just wanted to add what I was told for you all.

And by the way, after 20+ Princess cruises these two back to backs are now at the top of our favorites list! It was 60 days of pure bliss, the ports were diverse and beautiful, and we've already booked the same cruises for next year on Sapphire - using 4 of the 6 FCCs we purchased !!

I also spoke with the Captain's Circle hostess onboard and suggested that the FCCs as many of us have been able to use them might be a good perk for Elite passengers. I'm not sure she understood what I was trying to get across as she said she has nothing to do with future bookings. Maybe she'll mention the suggestion to the "powers that be!"

New to us was the cocktail hour every night from 5 to 7 in Skywalkers for Suite, Elite, and Platinum passengers. They had a different "drink of the day" up there every evening for $5 and dip, chips, sometimes shrimp, peanuts, etc. were included. It made a nice setting for meeting friends before dinner.

Happy Sailing to All !!

We just returned from two b/b 30-day cruises - SF to Syd 09/23 to 10/24 and Syd to LA 10/24 to 11/22. I talked at length with the Future Cruise Consultants on both cruises. They were two different people. The man on the first cruise had been with Princess for 6 years I believe he said. He told me that when the FCC program was originally set up it was to have been that each person needed an FCC in their name to receive the OBC but that the computer had not been set up to handle it that way (glitch way back then) and therefore many of us were able to use just one FCC and still get the onboard credit for two with the extra $100 deposit at booking. He said now the computer has been changed and this will no longer be the case. Since we had no more FCCs in our account anyway, I didn't think to ask if FCCs issued prior to the September change would still allow this, but I would think if you have the letter they issued at the time they would have to honor it.

Anyway, we bought 6 FCCs on the cruise by filling out the form, dropping it in the box, and having the letters delivered to our cabin. I put both our names on the one form, and we each received letters. We haven't been home long enough to check our My Princess accounts to check that they are listed, but I'll do that soon. I saw this thread and just wanted to add what I was told for you all.

And by the way, after 20+ Princess cruises these two back to backs are now at the top of our favorites list! It was 60 days of pure bliss, the ports were diverse and beautiful, and we've already booked the same cruises for next year on Sapphire - using 4 of the 6 FCCs we purchased !!

Happy Sailing to All !!

And if you do not see them there, contact Princess. They should be locatable by your Captain's Circle number.

Thank you both for your suggestions I have not been able to get into My Princess account site even for my booked cruises and I would like to know my OBC for these. I have a USA address but live most of the year in Australia and therefore they keep sending me back to the australian site and th FCC letters were bought USA ones.

Happy Sailing to All !!

Hi Bucky3.........

We are with you next year for the full Sapphire run; 63 days from Seattle/Syd/LA. Although we've been to all places other than Fiji and Samoa, will be picking your brain a bit. See you on Roll Call.

Quick question if anyone knows the answer. Looks like Princess has cancelled our Royal Princess Tahiti - Hawaii cruise for 2011. This was booked one one FCC with both of us getting the OBC. How are they handling the old one's? Can I still use this one to rebook something else for both of us? Will I lose the OBC for my DH?

Tx

Quick question if anyone knows the answer. Looks like Princess has cancelled our Royal Princess Tahiti - Hawaii cruise for 2011. This was booked one one FCC with both of us getting the OBC. How are they handling the old one's? Can I still use this one to rebook something else for both of us? Will I lose the OBC for my DH?

Tx

Since you will be booking a new cruise after the cut off date for the way the old FCC's were handled, my guess will be that you will only get one OBC for booking you both with only one FCC. But you will still be able to use the one FCC and pay the extra $100 for the second person (without them receiving the FCC onboard credit though).

Even though the cruise was cancelled, it's like starting all over again.

• 3 weeks later...
Your previous FCC's were good for the first two people in a cabin, now they read differently and each person must have their own FCC to receive credit.

There is a thread on this explaining the change in the Princess forum.

It is located down this page begininning with "Sept 17th"

Mike:)

Thanks for clearing this up. I remembered that's how FCCs were done in the past, but when I asked the Future Cruise Staff on the Sapphire Princess this past week, the person gave me an incredulous look and said in a condescending way, "I have been with Princess 8 years and we have always done things this way!" I distinctively remembered that in previous years that 1 FCC was good for both people in the same cabin. My first Princess cruise was 2004 and that was 6 years ago. I am so glad I wasn't going crazy and Sapphire's Future Cruise staff was WRONG!!! I feel vindicated!

After reading the fine prints on the Future Cruise Credit form, I had no idea how to fill out the form so we can get the maximum credits out of the FCC deposits.

In future sailings, we may be in 1 cabin with 4 people (2 adults and 2 kids) or 2 cabins (1 adult and 1 child in each cabin). If for future sailing, both my husband and I are in the same cabin, we each had submitted $100 FCC deposits on this cruise, then we can benefit from the FCC for our next Princess sailing. If the new FCC rules apply, if we get 2 cabins and register each cabin with 1 adult and 1 child, then we wouldn't be able to get the FCCs because the child didn't put down the Future cruise deposit on this cruise, am I correct?

In any case, while on the ship, I filled out the FCC form so both my husband and I would make 2 FCC deposits each ($400 total), so we filled out 2 forms (one for each cabin) and put both our names as passenger #1 and passenger #2. In Section A, I also put down 2 people. But when we got the confirmation the next day, only $100 were charged per cabin in the names of passenger #1.

The FCC director on the Sapphire Princess wasn't able to explain what I need to do to maximize my FCC for future cruises when children are involved.

Thanks for clearing this up. I remembered that's how FCCs were done in the past, but when I asked the Future Cruise Staff on the Sapphire Princess this past week, the person gave me an incredulous look and said in a condescending way, "I have been with Princess 8 years and we have always done things this way!" I distinctively remembered that in previous years that 1 FCC was good for both people in the same cabin. My first Princess cruise was 2004 and that was 6 years ago. I am so glad I wasn't going crazy and Sapphire's Future Cruise staff was WRONG!!! I feel vindicated!

After reading the fine prints on the Future Cruise Credit form, I had no idea how to fill out the form so we can get the maximum credits out of the FCC deposits.

In future sailings, we may be in 1 cabin with 4 people (2 adults and 2 kids) or 2 cabins (1 adult and 1 child in each cabin). If for future sailing, both my husband and I are in the same cabin, we each had submitted $100 FCC deposits on this cruise, then we can benefit from the FCC for our next Princess sailing. If the new FCC rules apply, if we get 2 cabins and register each cabin with 1 adult and 1 child, then we wouldn't be able to get the FCCs because the child didn't put down the Future cruise deposit on this cruise, am I correct?

In any case, while on the ship, I filled out the FCC form so both my husband and I would make 2 FCC deposits each ($400 total), so we filled out 2 forms (one for each cabin) and put both our names as passenger #1 and passenger #2. In Section A, I also put down 2 people. But when we got the confirmation the next day, only $100 were charged per cabin in the names of passenger #1.

The FCC director on the Sapphire Princess wasn't able to explain what I need to do to maximize my FCC for future cruises when children are involved.

Nothing wrong with your memory.:D

Future cruise consultants onboard used to tell us the same until we finally just filled out the form and dropped it in the box without speaking to them.

After we got home we never had any trouble booking with our TA using only one FCC and both of us have gotten the OBC.

But now we need one each in order to both receive the credit.

Mike:)

Now each individual must have an FCC in order to get the reduced deposit and FCC. Also, I think only the first two passengers in a cabin can use an FCC.

Just got off the Golden Princess and we bought 4 FCC - 2 in each of our names. Met with the FCC consultant to have her fill out the paperwork so we were sure to get two in each of our names.

Our FCCs now state at the bottom

"This offer is available to new future bookings only and is non-transferable. Shipboard credit applies to the holder of the Future Cruise Deposit only , and is not applicable to upper berth passengers." It goes on to say about the same in the past - credit only on a single voyage, expires at the end of voyage, not redeemable for cash, no multiple credits for single occupancy. Then - "More than two future cruise deposits may be applied per person to the same booking, however the shipboard credit is only available once per person."

With kids in school, we can only cruise when school is off. This means we cruise during peak season, so 3rd and 4th passengers sharing the same 4-person cabin would pay the same fare as the 1st and 2nd passenger. For us, as the kids get older, there is really no need to book only 1 cabin. If all 4 people pay the same fare each, then it makes sense to get 2 cabins (great to have access to 2 toilets and 2 showers!)

Do they sell FCCs to kids under 18?

Shoot, I should have bought FCCs in my kids' names instead of buying 2 FCCs each in my name and in my husband's name.

I believe children can buy an FCC as long as they are on a Princess ship at the time.

While on the Crown Princess last summer, we had no problem buying FCC's for our kids (ages 8 and 12 at the time, and on board with us). We always book two rooms and in the past had just put one adult in each room and used one FCC for each room. But the Crown's future cruise consultant told us that now the kids won't get the OBC unless they have an FCC in their own names. I wasn't sure this was correct, but decided to play it safe and just get everybody their own FCC.

While on the Crown Princess last summer, we had no problem buying FCC's for our kids (ages 8 and 12 at the time, and on board with us). We always book two rooms and in the past had just put one adult in each room and used one FCC for each room. But the Crown's future cruise consultant told us that now the kids won't get the OBC unless they have an FCC in their own names. I wasn't sure this was correct, but decided to play it safe and just get everybody their own FCC.

Supposedly, in September, Princess changed they reservation system so that each peron must have his/her own FCC in order to get the benefits.

Yes, the future cruise consultant was correct in advising you to do just that. The kids definitely need their own FCC now to get the onboard credit associated with it. ;)

With kids in school, we can only cruise when school is off. This means we cruise during peak season, so 3rd and 4th passengers sharing the same 4-person cabin would pay the same fare as the 1st and 2nd passenger. For us, as the kids get older, there is really no need to book only 1 cabin.

I did not realize that the 3rd person costs the same as the the first two during peak times. Is this unique to Princess?

I did not realize that the 3rd person costs the same as the the first two during peak times. Is this unique to Princess?

On our cruise to Alaska last summer the 3rd & 4th passengers were going to cost $130pp more that the first 2. It was a no-brainer to just book a second cabin.

Thanks for your info. You had a good FCC consultant. The FCC consultant on the Sapphire did not explain that to us. When I tried to have him confirm that Princess did change its policy from 1 FCC per room to 2 FCC per room, he looked at me and said that he's been with Princess 8 years and he has never heard of what I had just described. I was really put off by that because I know, from CC boards, this FCC thing was discussed extensively.

Shoot! Now I have 2 FCCs in each of our names and none in kids' names. I hate loosing out on this. I could have easily bought FCCs in my kids' names if we were told about it. I wonder if Princess would let me change our names on the FCCs to my kids' names. Guess not! Just wishful thinking.

We tried to book FCCs for our two kids on the CB two years ago (they were travelling with us, too) and were told we couldn't do FCCs for anyone under 18. I also called Princess after we returned and was told the same thing, so we were only allowed to purchase them for my DH and me.:(

Archived