Booking With US Sites & US TA's

LuckiePuris

If you go into the 90 day ticker section and click on the international visitor site up the top right hand section of the page where the flags are you will find this......

International Booking Rules We are able to offer the deeply discounted U.S. rates of most of the cruise lines we represent to citizens of other countries. However' date=' the following cruise lines now prohibit all U.S. travel agencies (including ***) from selling cruises to citizens of countries other than the U.S. and Canada, unless they have a residence in the U.S. or Canada. This is not a *** policy or a U.S. government policy, it is a corporate policy instituted by each of these cruise lines.

Costa Cruises

Cunard

Holland America

MSC Cruises

Oceania Cruises

Princess*

Star Clippers

*Residents of Mexico are permitted to book Princess through ***

Note: Residents of the U.K. and Australia may not book P&O Cruises through ***[/quote']

Thats strange. Your list comes, as you say, from the 90 day section and mine from the home page, the link on the left. So there is a conflict. Maybe they haven't updated the link on the home page.

Cheers

Jillybean

The "strange" thing is that the Carnival cruiseline itself is not included in that blacklist???

Barry

Interesting isn't it? I booked a Carnival cruise for Alaska next year by phone to Carnival itself a few weeks ago and got the rates on the US website- no trouble at all.

There are many other online travel agencies that will take your booking (and save you thousands off the Australian dollar price that AUS TA & the Australian resellers for the cruise lines charge us).

If the TA listed in the previous posts will not take your booking - go to one that will.

And laugh all the way to the bank : )

There are many other online travel agencies that will take your booking (and save you thousands off the Australian dollar price that AUS TA & the Australian resellers for the cruise lines charge us).

If the TA listed in the previous posts will not take your booking - go to one that will.

And laugh all the way to the bank : )

I'm trying to book one at the moment and would very much like to get some info from you as to cooperative US agents. Not sure how this "friend" thing works?

Cheers

Michael

I'm trying to book one at the moment and would very much like to get some info from you as to cooperative US agents. Not sure how this "friend" thing works?

Cheers

Michael

I live on the Sunshine Coast too Michael. Email me eileen js @ bigpond dot net dot au. No spaces. I will help.

I have just received a quotation for a Costa cruise from a US Agency and I was upfront with my booking request, letting them know that I was from Aus.

I also asked if I would get any price reduction if there was a price drop and I was told "Yes, no problems".

I received my quotation and the deposit is $400 each US fully refundable. So keep on trying as the deals are there;).

I have just received a quotation for a Costa cruise from a US Agency and I was upfront with my booking request, letting them know that I was from Aus.

I also asked if I would get any price reduction if there was a price drop and I was told "Yes, no problems".

I received my quotation and the deposit is $400 each US fully refundable. So keep on trying as the deals are there;).

Thanks Liz.

I tried to make an enquiry through a US on line TA for a Costa cruise, and the site said I had to be an American or Canadian to make a booking. I was going to email a person in the TA, but ended up booking an alternative cruise with MSC.

Good to know to keep trying to book a Costa cruise in future.

Yes there are agents out there that will book you and with comparable prices to the big ones, you just have to keep looking or ask one of us......:D

Lizzie, are you thinking of Costa Atlantica ? We booked our Costa Atlantica cruise next year, Miami - Quebec direct with Costa in AUD. Paid it and the Star Princess cruise before it in full a few weeks ago.

The Aussie dollar is spiralling downhill at the moment, be careful !

Yes there are agents out there that will book you and with comparable prices to the big ones' date=' you just have to keep looking or ask one of us......:D[/quote']

This was with one of the biggest US TA'S.

Lizzie, are you thinking of Costa Atlantica ? We booked our Costa Atlantica cruise next year, Miami - Quebec direct with Costa in AUD. Paid it and the Star Princess cruise before it in full a few weeks ago.

Yes Les, I have deferred any payments for the Costa Atlantica cruise as yet hoping that the $ will go up again. However even at this stage the price is still much cheaper. We will get a balcony cabin for the cost of an inside on the Aussie site ,and if there are any reductions we will get them as well. We are not in any hurry as it seems there are plenty of cabins available.

Les you certainly got some value with those 2 cruises.

I know the topic has been done to death but may I ask if you gave, or your agent gave, a residence in the US? I was speaking to a US agent today, one who quotes on the competitive site, and he said it is frequently done and why not as what is to prevent you from having a summer residence in the US, or change residences, etc. He even said we could give our Mariner nos ( we have over 100 days with HAL) and there would be no problem.

And yes the Aussie dollar is pathetic at the moment, but it would have to drop a lot more before the locals were competitive, and you would still have their onerous terms and conditions.

Cheers

Michael

Les you certainly got some value with those 2 cruises.

I know the topic has been done to death but may I ask if you gave, or your agent gave, a residence in the US? I was speaking to a US agent today, one who quotes on the competitive site, and he said it is frequently done and why not as what is to prevent you from having a summer residence in the US, or change residences, etc. He even said we could give our Mariner nos ( we have over 100 days with HAL) and there would be no problem.

And yes the Aussie dollar is pathetic at the moment, but it would have to drop a lot more before the locals were competitive, and you would still have their onerous terms and conditions.

Cheers

Michael

I booked the Star Princess cruise with an on line Aussie T/A from W.A. I booked the Costa cruise direct with Costa site in AUD at their 'Pronto price. with an Aussie address. I did not use any US T/A. The Star Princess price was the same as the US T/A's were quoting anyway.

I booked the Star Princess cruise with an on line Aussie T/A from W.A. I booked the Costa cruise direct with Costa site in AUD at their 'Pronto price. with an Aussie address. I did not use any US T/A. The Star Princess price was the same as the US T/A's were quoting anyway.

Well that surprises me a bit. We did Regal Princess in Antarctica 3 years ago (booked in the US) and I would like to do Star Princess's Antarctic cruise, but I didn't think it was possible to get a decent price in Australia.

Cheers

Well that surprises me a bit. We did Regal Princess in Antarctica 3 years ago (booked in the US) and I would like to do Star Princess's Antarctic cruise, but I didn't think it was possible to get a decent price in Australia.

Cheers

For the 30 day South American cruise on Star Princess, starting prices are around AU$3300, both on Princess site and the big on line Aussie T/A's. For Princess cruising that is quite good. We booked an obstructed view cabin @3700 inc taxes etc, each. The American T/A prices for this cruise are much the same, why ? I do not know ! Check their boards. However on most other cruises, I agree US T/A's are far cheaper.

The spiralling AUD is a worry though for those who book in USD. Glad I have fully paid up on our Flights, Cruises, Hotels, Trains a few weeks ago.

Unfortunately the AUD is diving at the moment which makes the O/S bookings more of an issue...I think (I hope) it will struggle back up over the next few months....the BIG advantage of an O/S booking is the cancellation without fee! :D

I was just idly checking the price of our upcoming cruise (on Diamond Princess in September) on the Australian Princess web site (don't ask me why, have already booked and paid thru a US agency - must be time I did some work instead!!) and the Australian price has fallen dramatically from when I first booked. At the time it was over $6,000AUD, compared to under $3000USD. It is now around $3,500AUD, very comparable to the US price, especially given the sad state of the Australian dollar at the moment.

What's going on - has Princess responded to all our complaints about the price discrimination. If they have, well done them!!

Regards, Lorraine

I was just idly checking the price of our upcoming cruise (on Diamond Princess in September) on the Australian Princess web site (don't ask me why, have already booked and paid thru a US agency - must be time I did some work instead!!) and the Australian price has fallen dramatically from when I first booked. At the time it was over $6,000AUD, compared to under $3000USD. It is now around $3,500AUD, very comparable to the US price, especially given the sad state of the Australian dollar at the moment.

What's going on - has Princess responded to all our complaints about the price discrimination. If they have, well done them!!

Regards, Lorraine

If the cruise is still scheduled to commence from Bangkok that would be the reason. Flights are currently flying almost empty to Bangkok from Brisbane, whilst Thai and Qantas are both currently giving full refunds for current booked flights.

However, I would expect Thailand to be a peaceful and welcome place for tourists later in the year.

If the cruise is still scheduled to commence from Bangkok that would be the reason. Flights are currently flying almost empty to Bangkok from Brisbane, whilst Thai and Qantas are both currently giving full refunds for current booked flights.

However, I would expect Thailand to be a peaceful and welcome place for tourists later in the year.

No, this particular cruise is sailing Vancouver to Beijing.

Regards, Lorraine

I have also been watching the price of the cruise on Diamond, Bangkok to Sydney in December and today the price shot up an extra $600 when I had a look at the Australian Princess website. This may be due to the falling Australian $ or bookings have been increasing. I don't think it is due to the latter with the trouble in Bangkok at the moment.

Rassa

Archived