Preview, Live , Review STT - SJU 5 Day 12/13/09

zqvol

It is finally time to begin preparations. The laundry is done, and all the errands are run. FT has decided that we will drive to CLT in the morning at 0 dark 30 so it is one more day at home.

I am anxiously anticipating this trip, as much because the "children" are going with us as anything else. DS and I have tomorrow afternoon already planed, with a quick trip to Havensight in the works for new boys toys. Coki beach for snorkeling Sunday morning and then it si off to our chariot for five days!

All bags are packed. weather is clear so should be no delays in driving down to Charlotte tomorrow morning to catch our flight but alarm is set a bit early just in case:D

Artlee's ongoing postings definitely have us ready to board. Sunday can not get here a minute too soon. Was bouncing off the wall the last couple of hours at the office this afternoon but the scheduled post life boat drill massage should take any lingering edge off (beginning with the never empty glass of champagne at boarding at 2:00 will be a good start)

FT

All bags are packed. weather is clear so should be no delays in driving down to Charlotte tomorrow morning to catch our flight but alarm is set a bit early just in case:D

Artlee's ongoing postings definitely have us ready to board. Sunday can not get here a minute too soon. Was bouncing off the wall the last couple of hours at the office this afternoon but the scheduled post life boat drill massage should take any lingering edge off (beginning with the never empty glass of champagne at boarding at 2:00 will be a good start)

FT

Bon Voyage FT and ZQVOL.

J & L.

we are on board. It is wonderful. Trip from CLT was uneventful - other than rollerboard that goes in the overhead all over the world wouldn't fit in US Air plane to St. Thomas. No big deal. checked it and it made it there.

Frenchmen's Reef has a great new Rum bar -- think Miami Vice - may be I am dating myself, but its sleek, very comfy, great view of St. Thomas.

Little bit of rain this morning, but weather is very nice. Got to the port a bit early. We are at the new place - Crown something. Dock workers are wonderful . . .took our luggage and we went shopping. Only one ship was in town so just about every thing shut down at one. Right at two we were allowed to board. up the gangplank . . there was Christophe -- I swear he gets younger and better looking every day . . . CAD is Amy, so much for the info from Miami about Linda . . . and the wonderful Captain T. Greeted with my never empty glass of champagne which hasn't been and started seeing old friends again. all checked in -- but someone else's back packs ended up in our cabin which leads me to think we have children on board, we'll see how that goes. Got the spa savings and wine cellar credits (15% each) for returning guests. Loved the mini bar stocked with our favorites. Chad is manning the ToyBar. . . . . house champagne is Nicolas Feuillatte.

We have Arla for our stewardess and she's already told me that my evening cheese plate is on order . . . I have to win the lottery this week so I don't have to get off.

more later.

FT

I was wondering if you were on board yet ... actually I knew you'd be on right at 2!!

It is cold (38) and rainy here in NC ... as a matter of fact a littler earlier it looked like there was ice forming on the trees:eek:

We have disembarked at Crown Bay before ... it actually is a nice little dock compared to the craziness at Havensight!

Please give our regards to Christophe, Capt T and of course that cutie Chad! I know he will make sure that your champagne glass is full!

Since you have posted already may we presume we will have real-time posting this week?

galley is being worked hard as a lot of guest ordered lunch at TOY.

owner is on board, as are a number of sales execs.

have to go to life boat drill

met dewla and kaplan.

we are in admiral's suite (love the last minute opportunity to upgrade for past passengers).

silvio and superio mario are on board but christoph the young is back in school.

Werner is off and I'm sailing with a long timer I'm meeting for the first time - Gabriel,

And I thought the A team was on board just to handle you:p

I am sure you will be in good hands for the next few days! Please have a glass or two of champagne for me ... and some soup too:D

Please ask zqvol to take lots of photos of the Admirals Suite!

Looks like you have most of the SD II "dream team" crew.

It should be an excellent cruise.

Agreed!! Actually I don't know who else I would add to my perfect SD staff and crew ... okay maybe Richard as CAD:p

I am so jealous!

Color me green with envy as well;)

Having a GREAT time and will post often!

the cruise is going to be great. but Captain T has warned us, we are going to be heading into rough waters in the next hour.

dinner tonight included the celery soup, prawn salad, tenderloin entree and grand marnie soufllle. Wine from New Zealand - will post details tomorrow when mandatory scribes (grown children) provide details (in the industry) its was a Bannock Pinot and Grigot

had an absolutely wonderful massage before dinner.

New Matre D is Jamie - a Scot via Durbin, South Africa. George is the sommelier.

Thanks for reporting in FT!

Looking forward to the in depth dining report:p

DD's school has a two hour delay so you know what kind of weather you are missing:eek:

so glad to be missing that weather.

Thanks to Chad keeping my after dinner drink -lemoncello - never empty (he's a sly bartender), day started off a bit later than planned, but last night wasn't near as bumpy as expected. Its a beautiful morning and we are passing by St. Maarten on our way to St. Barts. James and I just finished a mile walk around the deck this morning and I'm heading poolside. My preferred spot is already taken so I'll have to stake out a new place. One office was still vacant when I came down.

Wouldn't be my first morning on SD if I didn't start with a warm dark chocolate croissant. Yum Yum. Introduced DS to that and watched him scarf down an omelet and banana pancakes - he hasn't stopped smiling since he got on board. Misspoke about the white wine at dinner- it was a Sauvignon Blanc. The tuna was the other featured entree.

And of course James sang last night and I missed it. I was upstairs while he was downstairs. Maybe we'll get a repeat performance.

A few words about the Admiral Suite. It is beautiful. Hopefully, ZQ Vol will post some pictures later. But you can only imagine walking in and seeing the bathtub edge lined with red rose petals and rose petals scattered on the soap dish. I was a bit concerned about potential noise from the piano bar. No need to be - not disturbed at all. Huge closets. Three large windows. Comfy couch and two chairs as well as small table and 4 chairs. flat panel TV in seating area and small tv in bedroom. But the bathroom is just gorgeous. I'm tempted to not come out for the cruise. Two people can fit comfortably. Very well designed with closet/cabinet.

I won't come close to an honorable mention this trip for repeat SD. there is a contingency from England who have been on several of the crossing - I know they had more than 300 nights a couple of years ago so it will be interesting to hear how many nights they are up to now.

Such a busy day ahead - off to a deck chair, then to eat (i'm hoping mussels are on the menu for lunch - another first day SD tradition), then back to my deck chair - then more food again . . . just not enough time in the day.

FT

FT--

Thanks for the excellent updates. Pleased to hear that all is going so well, so far. I'm intrigued to hear of the English contingent who have joined you this trip. I take it that includes some "royalty" and will look forward to reports of any hijinks that take place. Please don't forget to check all lifeboats before turning in each evening.

Glad to hear that Chad is on board. Haven't heard Clint's name. Is he around? Is Chad scheduled to be on board the week of Jan. 24-31? Just wondering....

Enjoy the rest of the day. We're eagerly awaiting your next report.

FT--

Haven't heard Clint's name. Is he around? No, he's not

Is Chad scheduled to be on board the week of Jan. 24-31? Just wondering.... don't know, but I'll inquire for you since I understand you will be.

Enjoy the rest of the day. We're eagerly awaiting your next report.

Lunch was terrific -- started with a few scrumptious goodies off the buffet line. A tomato stuffed with small shrimp and a slice of duck breast. Then the tasty kohlrahbi soup (a white root vegetable -learned that today) and the fantastic mussels in garlic sauce. And had to split half an order of the mushroom risotto with DS who almost licked the plate clean. He finished up with a couple of pastries. Chef Josselin (pardon my spelling errors) was very visible and I almost genuflected.

This afternoon we had the pool deck almost to ourselves - drink of the day was Blue Shark - patron Tequila with blue curacao - didn't try it. Afternoon pass around with chilling cold fruit on skewers. Water toys came out and due to no line DS got an extended time on the "fast" jet ski. Thought of DisneyJen's DH on that one.

But the cutest sight had to be a fleet of 8 small sail boats - teeny tiny boats, each manned with two children wearing life jackets -guided by a larger boat with instructors and with a "pick up boat" at the end taking sailing lesson behind us. The boats were about the size of garbage cans cut in half and the children ranged from 7 to about 11 or 12 in age. They were waving at us and chatting merrily in French of course - no accidents as they were tacking back and forth, a couple of close calls, but it was so enjoyable.

Stayed on the ship but actually thinking about getting off tonight . . . we'll see

FT

Since FT has done such a wonderful job, I am allowing her to update MY thread. Will post my review on here and my blog upon return with pictures. I have been trying out the new toy (Cannon T1i) and hopefully there will a lot of great pics.

As usual SD is performing superbly.

I must run as the doorbell in our suite just sounded.

Since FT has done such a wonderful job, I am allowing her to update MY thread. Will post my review on here and my blog upon return with pictures. I have been trying out the new toy (Cannon T1i) and hopefully there will a lot of great pics.

As usual SD is performing superbly.

I must run as the doorbell in our suite just sounded.

I am impressed! We never had a doorbell onSD.

I am impressed! We never had a doorbell onSD.

Yeah me too Jim ... I wonder if FT and zqvol will allow us non doorbell types to hang out with them:p:D:p

Thanks for checking in FT and zqvol. Are you checking work email too FT?

Archived