Preview, Live , Review STT - SJU 5 Day 12/13/09

zqvol

Discovered a very good driver in San Juan. The service I arranged was not waiting at the pier and did not show up on a timely basis. Turns out a taxi was cheaper than the any car/limo/van quote I received. From the pier to El Conquistador - $80 for 4 plus $1.00 per bag and the $1.50 toll. We ended using the same driver for a private tour to the Rain Forest and a drive through of Old San Juan on Sunday and we highly recommend him. His name is Regis Polanco and he will meet you at the airport or pier and was on time. ZQ Vol admired a CD he was playing - and he handed to him when he dropped us off at the airport. Phone number is 787.473.7872 and e-mail is 472-7872.

ZQ Vol has bought the guide books for Greece and with first NC SD alumni event in February - withdrawal pains arent' too bad. :rolleyes:

Wish I would get a call from SD saying they had a cabin in January or Februay and would drop the single supplement . . . I'd be there! :D

FT

I have posted my pictures on Flickr. Here is the link. When I get the ones that DD and DS took, I will add them too.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8259823@N06/collections/72157622939442965/

I have started my review and will be adding to it this weekend. Here is the link:

http://www.pvavalides.com/cruises/SDII_dec2009/SDII_dec2009.html

pilot.jpg

James, the pilot, the first officer, and Captain T as we dock in San Juan to end a fabulous cruise.

(Notice that we are docking stern to and backing into our berth, maybe so they can make a quick escape when we try to stay on board :))

If we could dock the other way they would not be able to put down the gangway. The captains need to think about this! :)

Archived