Wonderful Copenhagen

swdke

Hello Barbara,

Tivoli opens April 17, will you be there after that date?

I hope I’ve answered your questions, feel free to ask if I can help more. Have fun!

Steve

Steve,

Thank you so much for the answers and all of the suggestions.

We will be in Copenhagen post cruise May 30, 31 and June 1.

I will remember to ask what grandparents would eat when going to Groften. My grandfather was born and raised in Frederikshaven and I have many, many cousins whom I've never met who still live there so eating Danish home cooking would be a highlight.

Barbara

Thank you Steve for all of your research and time and effort put into answering every individual persons questions!!! I am so impressed with the time you devoted to others!! I have just read this entire thread. I cut and pasted everything that I will need for our sailing on the Crown Princess on 8/28/08. Thank you to others (and Steve) for keeping this thread alive and 'up front' for us all to gain knowledge from.

Sue :)

Steve

Your information is great. We will be spending 3 days pre and 2 post our 8/28 Crown cruise. Staying at the Marriott.

1. Is it best to take the train to Central station then a cab to hotel, or just go for the cab from the airport to the hotel

2. Is the hotel reasonable walking distance to the shopping area and Trivoli

3. Our post stay is at the Hilton at the airport, any suggestions on what to do for the one full day there, our pre stay looking at doing the HOHO tours

Thanks

I have a few more questions, We are doing a three day pre-cruise staying at the Marriott and was wondering how far the nearst train station? Is downtown Copenhagen far from the Marriott? Thanks for all your help you are truely a wealth of information, its a pity I can't fit you in my suit case as a reference guide!!!! Thanks again.

Lisette

I join the rest in saying thanks for all time put into such informative posts. They are incredibly helpful. We set sail from Copenhagen on Saturday, July 19, on the Crown Princess, but we'll be coming right from the airport (our plane arrives at 12:45 p.m.) so we won't have much time, if any, to tour Copenhagen prior to the ship sailing at 8 p.m. We hope we can at least get down to Nyhavn and back before the ship sails, but I'm guessing that will be tight.

We return to Denmark on Monday, July 28, arriving at Helsingor at 9 a.m. That will be the only full day -- and evening -- that we have to tour Copenhagen and its surroundings before we disembark for good the next day. So we need to use our time wisely. Our plan was to ferry over to Helsingborg and walk that town, then come back and do the same in Helsingor before grabbing a train or a cab back to Copenhagen to meet up with our ship. My primary question is, how much time should we allow in Helsingor/Helsinborg before heading back to Copenhagen? We certainly want to make the most of Copenhagen in the short time we have-- Tivoli, Nyhavn, Strogat. And what is the fastest, most efficient way to get back to Copenhagen -- train, bus or cab?

Thanks for any input you can provide.

Thank you Steve for all of your research and time and effort put into answering every individual persons questions!!! I am so impressed with the time you devoted to others!! I have just read this entire thread. I cut and pasted everything that I will need for our sailing on the Crown Princess on 8/28/08. Thank you to others (and Steve) for keeping this thread alive and 'up front' for us all to gain knowledge from.

Sue :)

Hi Sue, I am always glad to help anyone enjoy their time in Copenhagen and Denmark. It's a truly wonderful and beautiful city/country, I know you will enjoy your adventure there. Bon Voyage.

Steve

I am always glad to help anyone enjoy their time in Copenhagen and Denmark. It's a truly wonderful and beautiful city/country, I know you will enjoy your adventure there. Bon Voyage. Steve

THANKS, Steve, for all of the super great help and insights! Greetings to a fellow Ohio resident. We're looking forward to Spring. It's nearly here!

For our one day in Copenhagen, it will be Sunday, July 27. The good news is that our time there is from 9 am to midnight. That added time helps, but being a Sunday, how does that improve or limits options, shopping, sights, sites, etc.? In addition to Tivol, what are some of the better potentials for tha t evening? Clearly, I assume many places are closed on a Sunday evening or am I guessing incorrectly. If we were going to a "country place" in the afternoon, what would be your top, nearby suggestions in order to get a flavor for that part of Denmark life? Or, is that not really worth it and that it would be better to just mainly focus on Copenhagen? Is a journey to the old fishing village of Drag'r worth it? Appreciate your interest. Terry in Ohio

Steve

Your information is great. We will be spending 3 days pre and 2 post our 8/28 Crown cruise. Staying at the Marriott.

1. Is it best to take the train to Central station then a cab to hotel, or just go for the cab from the airport to the hotel

2. Is the hotel reasonable walking distance to the shopping area and Trivoli

3. Our post stay is at the Hilton at the airport, any suggestions on what to do for the one full day there, our pre stay looking at doing the HOHO tours

Thanks

Hello recia,

I am glad to read you'll be visiting Copenhagen, Denmark. Looks like you'll have some good quality time to visit. Let me see if I can help answer your questions:

1. Is it best to take the train to Central station then a cab to hotel, or just go for the cab from the airport to the hotel? When I was last in Copenhagen, traveling with my parents and an aunt, we took the train from the airport to the central station, then took a cab to the hotel. Our taxi driver seemed a little unwilling to take us to the hotel which is relatively close. I think at first he just thought it was me and figured I was fit enough to walk. But, I pointed out to him my parents/aunt and our luggage, and he said okay. Getting to the the hotel this way was relativley easy and perhaps cheaper than taking a cab. Plus, it was the adventure of independently getting ourselves to the hotel that I liked and why I took the train. However, in hind sight, I think I would have taken a cab to make it more convenient and easier on my parents. My parents did just fine with the train and cab, but overall, it would have been easier had we taken the taxi. If I had to do over, that's what I would do. But, if I were traveling alone, then I would take the train, and walk to the hotel. So, I am not sure if I've answered your question, but I guess it depends upon what interest you and you ability to be mobile. If you're up for an adventure, take the train and cab. Yet, eventhough the train and cab is easy to do, if you feel like you need a break after your long travel, take a cab. All taxi take credit cards which makes it easy with not having to buy Danish Kroner.

2. Is the hotel reasonable walking distance to the shopping area and Trivoli? Good question but this depends upon one's perception of reasonable. The hotel is very close to Tivoli. If your room faces the city, you will be able to see some of the tops of the rides at Tivoli. Copenhagen is definately a walking city, many walkers, and cyclist. When I lived there, I always walked, and no distance seemed too far. The walk is about 4 blocks from Tivoli from the Marriott. If you're accustomed to walking, then this will be a short walk for you. If you're pressed for time, take a cab. Once you're at, say, Tivoli, then you're pretty much in the center of town. The center of town if officially the town square, and Tivoli and the town square are next to one another. The town square is also the start of Stroget, the mile long shopping street. So, once your at Tivoli, then you're at the start of everyting, i.e. Tivoli, train stations, town square, and Stroget. The walk from the Marriott to Tivoli, or the town square will be about 15 minutes, minimum, longer pending your walking pace. Safety note, when walking, be sure to stay on the sidewalk, and not the bike path. In Copenhagen, many streets have a sidewalk, bikepath, and street. So, when crossing, be on the lookout for cyclist in addition to cars. I don't think cyclist figure on people walking on their bike path which is why my aunt and a cyclist collided. Then, my mom, when crossing the street, thought that the bike path was the street, and when she walked on to the street was not expecting the next step down and fell. Of course, the two of them are always chatting and not paying attention to where they are going. Nevertheless, be careful.

Thanks? Hum, I am a little confused with this question. From the Hilton at the airport, you can easily take the train back into the city, only about a 15 min. ride, and from there, go on to visit what ever else you've not already seen. I don't know what you are doing the first 3 days pre cruise. Are you doing the HOHO all three days? With three days pre, and 2 post, you have a lot of time to see and do a lot. The HOHO can be done in one day, and you'll still have time for other things. I am hoping you will also be visiting areas outside the city such as Hillerod, Helsingor, Roskilde, and from the airport Hilton, you can also easily take the train to Malmo Sweden. Maybe take the train to Malmo, check out that city, then take the train up to Helsingborg, Sweden, then cross the channel to Helsingor, and take the train south back to Copenhagen. All the while, stopping to visit all the sights in each city. With three days pre and 2 post, you can do alot. So, I can't really say how to spend one day post cruise, when I am not sure what you are doing during your 3 days pre. Again, I can say you are lucky to have so much time in this beautiful area.

I have a few more questions, We are doing a three day pre-cruise staying at the Marriott and was wondering how far the nearst train station? Is downtown Copenhagen far from the Marriott? Thanks for all your help you are truely a wealth of information, its a pity I can't fit you in my suit case as a reference guide!!!! Thanks again.

Lisette

Hi Lisette,

Hey, if I could fit in your suit case, I would go ;-) We'd have a lof of fun.

Good for you for having the time for a three day pre-cruise. You should be able to see and do a lot. The nearest train station is the main, or central station, aka (Kobenhavn H.) It's just a 4 block walk, about 15 min. The central station is across the street from Tivoli, which is across the street from the town square, which is next to Stroget, the shopping street. So, basically your just 4 blocks, 15-20 min. to the center of town, where you can take a train, visit Tivoli, or begin your mile walk down Stroget to Nyhavn. I am sure you'll enjoy the Marriott, I loved it.

THANKS, Steve, for all of the super great help and insights! Greetings to a fellow Ohio resident. We're looking forward to Spring. It's nearly here!

For our one day in Copenhagen, it will be Sunday, July 27. The good news is that our time there is from 9 am to midnight. That added time helps, but being a Sunday, how does that improve or limits options, shopping, sights, sites, etc.? In addition to Tivol, what are some of the better potentials for tha t evening? Clearly, I assume many places are closed on a Sunday evening or am I guessing incorrectly. If we were going to a "country place" in the afternoon, what would be your top, nearby suggestions in order to get a flavor for that part of Denmark life? Or, is that not really worth it and that it would be better to just mainly focus on Copenhagen? Is a journey to the old fishing village of Drag'r worth it? Appreciate your interest. Terry in Ohio

TLCOhio, Terry, hello fellow Buckeye! I don't know about you, but I am tired of our weather. I've just returned from skiing Whistler, Canada, and Colorado, and for some reason expected it to be warm and sunny when I returned, but to my dissapointment, the weather is still awful. I guess I am just getting ahead of myself, probably too soon for warm weather, but I honestly can't wait.

I read you have one day in Copenhagen, at least it's a long day. You'd be surprised with how much you can see and do during this time. I would end the day at Tivoli in the evening. Tivoli is best viewed and experienced in the evening with all the lights. You don't have to ride rides, just go for dinner, an ice cream, and enjoy a walk around Tivoli, people watching, and enjoying all the excitement of this place in the evening. For dinner, as I've recommended to other posters, we went to Grøften which is a great place to go for some typical Danish food. I suggest you make reservations http://www.groeften-uk.dana11.dk To make reservations, simply email them at info@groeften.dk Now I do realize you'll have an evening meal waiting for you on the ship, and you might want to eat on the ship, but despite the already paid for meal on the ship, I really do recommend you take advantage of the opportunity to enjoy some Danish food in a fun atmosphere. After your Tivoli experience, take a cab back to your ship, or perhpas a walk around the town square before taking the cab back. If you didn't do Tivoli, then that's pretty much it. Otherwise, you could simply enjoy a nice dinner at a restaurant, then a casual stroll among the pedestrain streets. Maybe go up the roundtower at night to have a look around the city at night.

In terms of being there on a Sunday, the city may be a little quieter, and many shops along Strøget may be closed. But, there will be some open shops, and in particular, my favorite is Illums Bolighus. One website states they're open daily, from 10 am -6 pm, and for me, that's the only store I'd need to visit. But to confirm if they're open on the date of your visit, I urge you to email them at royalshopping@royalshopping.com and ask to be sure. I like everything in there, but unfortunately, it's all to expensive for me. But, if you want to treat yourself to something cool for yourself and house, then this is the place to be.

Dragør is interesting, but unless there's someting of particulular interest to you specifically, you might want to focus your time elsewhere. Don't get me wrong, Dragør is a very quaint village, and worth seeing for sure. And, there's really no right or wrong thing to do while in Denmark, no matter what you see and do will be great. It's just a matter of preference. If you wish to see Dragør, then by all means, you should do so. It's a great way to see another Danish town without having to go too far away from the city. But for me, I think I'd visit Dragør only if I had time, having already done other sights. I guess I'd focus on other sights, and save Dragør only if I had time left over. If I were to visit Dragør, take a taxi there to minimize transportation time, have a walk around the village, and an hour later, or when ever you're ready to go back to the city, take a taxi back.

You asked about going outside the city to the country to get a flavor of Denmark. Again, this is a matter of personal interest. If you were to go in the country, take the train to Hillerod and visit Frederiksborg castle. Yes, it's definately worth doing, but only if you have an interest to have a look into the Danish countryside, and visit a beautiful castle. Perhpaps, you could do this first thing after you get off the ship. The train is about 40 min. ride, and the trains depart every 20 min. You'll want the E train which dead ends in Hillerod. This will take up probably about 3 1/2-4 hours of your day, so you're probably looking to be back into Copenhagen by 1-1:30 pm. Back in the city, I recommend you take a canal tour. Last tour is around 5 pm, so be sure to factor this in as you walk around. Also, the round tower is a fun and quick thing to do. Also, fit in a walk, or break at Nyhavn. If the weather is good, sit outside at one of the cafes for a quick appetizer, or drink. So, since Nyhavn has no open/close hours, and since Tivoli is open late, I'd save a walk around Nyhavn, and Tivoli till your latter part of the day, with Tivoli last.

Terry, I don't know if I helped you or not. If you tell me your primary interest, then perhpas I can help more. But again, there is no right or wrong places to vist, they are all great, it just depends upon what you think you want to see and do, then we can focus on how to "do it all." :-)

Steve

I join the rest in saying thanks for all time put into such informative posts. They are incredibly helpful. We set sail from Copenhagen on Saturday, July 19, on the Crown Princess, but we'll be coming right from the airport (our plane arrives at 12:45 p.m.) so we won't have much time, if any, to tour Copenhagen prior to the ship sailing at 8 p.m. We hope we can at least get down to Nyhavn and back before the ship sails, but I'm guessing that will be tight.

We return to Denmark on Monday, July 28, arriving at Helsingor at 9 a.m. That will be the only full day -- and evening -- that we have to tour Copenhagen and its surroundings before we disembark for good the next day. So we need to use our time wisely. Our plan was to ferry over to Helsingborg and walk that town, then come back and do the same in Helsingor before grabbing a train or a cab back to Copenhagen to meet up with our ship. My primary question is, how much time should we allow in Helsingor/Helsinborg before heading back to Copenhagen? We certainly want to make the most of Copenhagen in the short time we have-- Tivoli, Nyhavn, Strogat. And what is the fastest, most efficient way to get back to Copenhagen -- train, bus or cab?

Thanks for any input you can provide.

Newcastle09,

You state that you ship arrives at Helsingor. Does it stop at Helsingor, then continue on to Copenhagen? If so, you may not be able to get off the ship unless you take a tour. I guess I am not clear on your itinerary. I know when I sailed on the Star Princess, our ship made a brief tender stop at Helsingor, but only to let off tours, then it continued onto Copehagen. But, if you do find yourself in Helsingour, and need to get to Copenhagen, then you definatley want the train. A bus will take forever and require change of busses. A cab from Helsingor to Copenhagen will cost a forturne. Train is your only and best option, plus, it's easy, and fastest.

I hope your transfer to your ship on the day you arrive goes smoothly so that hopefully you can have time to visit Nyhavn. I think it's a good idea that you have. Hopefully, by 3 pm, you can be checked onto your ship, which should leave you 4 hours, from 3-7 pm to checkout part of Copenhagen, such as Nyhavn. Even if you had 3 hours, it would still be plenty of time.

Have fun,

Steve

Steve: Yes, our ship continues on to Copenhagen, arriving at 1:00. I sure hope we don't have to take an official tour to get off the ship. The Princess tours from Helsingor are day-long, expensive, structured group bus tours that end up in Copenhagen. By that time -- the end of our cruise -- we're thinking we might want some time to explore on our own and make our way to Copenhagen at our pace. If we stay on the ship, we won't arrive in Copenhagen until 1:00 and miss out on Helsingor. Can they really keep us on the ship if we want to get off?

Thanks.

Steve: Yes, our ship continues on to Copenhagen, arriving at 1:00. I sure hope we don't have to take an official tour to get off the ship. The Princess tours from Helsingor are day-long, expensive, structured group bus tours that end up in Copenhagen. By that time -- the end of our cruise -- we're thinking we might want some time to explore on our own and make our way to Copenhagen at our pace. If we stay on the ship, we won't arrive in Copenhagen until 1:00 and miss out on Helsingor. Can they really keep us on the ship if we want to get off?

Thanks.

With your ship stopping in Helsingor, then continuing on to Copenhagen, it sounds like the same situation when I was on the Star Pricess. I too wish that we could have been able to get of the ship, tour around Helsingor, visit Kronborg Castle, and make our own way to Copenhagen. In my case, the ship did not dock in Helsingor, instead, we stopped in the channel, off shore, and tenders picked up passengers and brought passenters to shore for their tours. I am only guessing, but I believe the same may be true for your cruise. If this is the case, you may not have time to visit Helsingor and Helsingborg, but you can still make the best of it in Copenhagen. You can take the canal tour, visit the round tower, walk Stroget, and spend an evening and dinner at Tivoli, maybe even visit Rosenborg Castle. But, Rosenborg and the canal tours should be done first to get them out of the way before they close at 5 pm.

Regarding the ships tours from Helsingor, I am sure they are expensive, cruise tours normally are. Everyone wants to make a profit, Princess, the company they charter, etc. Even so, it's a good way in this case to see sights that you can't otherwise visit. Plus, I think you would learn a lot from the guides, more so than if you were to visit the sights on your own.

You're going to have a great cruise and experience on your upcoming adventure. Have fun.

Terry, I don't know if I helped you or not. If you tell me your primary interest, then perhpas I can help more. But again, there is no right or wrong places to vist, they are all great, it just depends upon what you think you want to see and do, then we can focus on how to "do it all." Steve

THANKS, Steve! Yes, it's very helpful. We need to narrow down what we most want to do and see. That's impacted by what we do or don't do in Oslo prior or Heksinki, Tallinn, Stockholm, etc., later after the Copenhagen visit. We don't want to do and see the same thing, city after city. As an example for the insides of palaces or unique large homes, are those in Copenhagen nice and good compared to the super spectacular in some of the other main Baltic cities? Clearly St. Petersburg is going to be at the top for such palaces, at the Hermitage, etc. We like Impressionism art. How much and how well are these various things offered in Copenhagen? We like getting a good "flavor" for the city, country, culture and people? We've been to the great museums, palaces, churches, etc. in England, France, Italy, Austria, Spain, Germany, etc. It's those "special" or unique Copenhagen places and moments that are important. Does this give you a little better idea for what we're seeking and for which we are interested? Fortunately, we have got 12-14 hours net in this great capital. Terry in Ohio

We like getting a good "flavor" for the city, country, culture and people?

I think I understand what you are looking for. I think you basically want more than typical attractions such as museums and castles. But, to get a sense of the culture is hard to do unless you actually spend time with the Danish people. Or, place yourself in an environment where you can watch or observe the locals. I think you asked what might be some other options than Tivoli. However, Tivoli is the most popular place to be, and all the Danes love Tivoli. I agree, it's a fun and special place. But, if you wanted to try something different, and get a sence of the culture, perhaps you might try an opportunity to meet and dine with the Danes in a program called, "Dine with the Danes" http://www.dinewiththedanes.dk/main/default.asp I do not know if this program still exist, nor have I heard from anyone who has done this. But, I think it's an excellent way to personally meet local Danish citizens, and have a typical Danish meal.

Another activity in the evening is to take a night watchmans tour. http://www.nattevaegterne.dk/uk_vaegter_frame.htm I've not done this, nor have I heard from anyone who has, and I am only assuming it's still operating. You'll have to contact them to be sure and for details, but I think this could be a fun activity.

If you were interested in museums in Copenhagen, here is a website with a listing of a variety of museums. http://www.mik.dk/museer.aspx

Another interesting museum in Copenhagen is the Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek. http://www.glyptoteket.dk/ But, it's a musuem of ancient and modern art, a lot of sculpturers I recall, and not about Danish history.

If you want to get out of the city, you can easily take a train and bus to the Arken musuem. http://www.arken.dk/content/us/about_arken/visit_arken

Here's a site offering the top 10 sights in Copenhagen, and the north island. http://www.visitcopenhagen.com/tourist/what_to_see_and_do/inspiration/top_10_sights

Also, for something different, and outside the city, and if you're a fan, there is the Karen Blixen museum http://www.karen-blixen.dk/engelsk/default.html

Another museum you might enjoy is the Louisiana of Modern Art. http://www.louisiana.dk It's a museum along the coast in Humlebæk. You can take a train, about 36 min. ride from Copenhagen, and a 10 min. walk from the train stration. This gets you outside the city and into the country. Just a short distance north is Helsingor which you may also wish to visit.

Back in Copenhagen, there is the National Museum which will help you learn more about the Danish history. http://www.nationalmuseet.dk/sw20379.asp

Or, there's the Open Air Musuem http://www.nationalmuseet.dk/sw20384.asp which is a little north of Copenhagen, and offers a variety of old buldings and houses, providing an insight into Danish life in the past.

Another activity is to take the train to Hellerup. A number of trains stop at the Hellerup station, from there, walk north, walk along the street Strandvej, and if it's sunny, go to the beach and take in the view. Across the channel, you can see Sweden, and if it's warm and sunny, there should be a lot of Danes enjoying the sun. A good way to spend time amongs the Danes, and to relax. However, clothing sometimes seems to be optional, so don't be shocked.

Or, if a sunny warm day, take a train and bus to the town of Gilleleje, a popular beach town on the north of the island.

Well, although I assumed you don't necessarily wish to visits musuems, I sure did menitoned quite a few. I guess I was just trying to point out museums that might be different from what you've visited on previous travels. The fortunate thing for you is that there really is so much to see and do in this north island and Copenhagen area. The more you research, the more you will discover. In the end, you will have not difficulty finding unique and interesting ways to spend your day and eveing. I hope you will discover and get a sence of the local life and culture of the Danes. For me, Copenhagen is really an ancient city, I just love walking among it's streets. Just being there for me is a thrill. I hope you too will appreciate the ancient history and culture this beautiful city offers.

The more you research, the more you will discover. For me, Copenhagen is really an ancient city, I just love walking among it's streets. Just being there for me is a thrill. I hope you too will appreciate the ancient history and culture this beautiful city offers.

THANKS for the added thoughts, comments and suggestions! What I have pulled out above, gives a good perspective on part of what I take away from what you listed. Researching and preparing to visit a city is important and very helpful once you hit the ground there. I'm glad Copenhagen has those "ancient city" parts and character. Walking around and people watching is fun. KEY QUESTION: I assume, especially among those younger, that English is spoken fairly widely. Is that correct or wrong? Will follow-up with any added questions. Your help is really appreciated. Terry in Ohio

I assume, especially among those younger, that English is spoken fairly widely. Is that correct or wrong? Will follow-up with any added questions. Your help is really appreciated. Terry in Ohio

Hi Terry, Yes, English is well spoken by all citizens, young and old. Communication will be no problem in Denmark.

Hi Terry, Yes, English is well spoken by all citizens, young and old. Communication will be no problem in Denmark.

Great! That should help lots in getting around and interacting with folks, learning more, experiencing the culture, etc. Not just "spoken" but "well spoken". Sounds heavenly. THANKS! Terry in Ohio

We're debating between the train and the Metro for the ride from the airport to our hotel. It will be a long flight, and our hotel is near Nyhavn. I realize that cabs will be plentiful outside the train station, but how about the Metro at Kongens Nytorv? With suitcases and after the trip, we want to be taken to the hotel.

We're debating between the train and the Metro for the ride from the airport to our hotel. It will be a long flight, and our hotel is near Nyhavn. I realize that cabs will be plentiful outside the train station, but how about the Metro at Kongens Nytorv? With suitcases and after the trip, we want to be taken to the hotel.

The Metro does appear to offer service from the airport to Kongens Nytorv. You'll take the M2 train. Here's a route map. http://www.m.dk/en/welcome/route.htm Looks like the Metro is definately a conveninet way for you to get to Nyhavn. You should also be able to get to your hotel quicker, assuming you don't have a far walk from the Metro station. Contact your hotel for information on getting to your hotel from the Metro. Many hotels have email addresses.

Regarding the train, it does not go near Kongens Nytorv or Nyhavn, so the Metro is your only choice. Have fun.

With your ship stopping in Helsingor, then continuing on to Copenhagen, it sounds like the same situation when I was on the Star Pricess. I too wish that we could have been able to get of the ship, tour around Helsingor, visit Kronborg Castle, and make our own way to Copenhagen. In my case, the ship did not dock in Helsingor, instead, we stopped in the channel, off shore, and tenders picked up passengers and brought passenters to shore for their tours. I am only guessing, but I believe the same may be true for your cruise.

During our Baltic cruise, we really want to tender off the ship in Helsingor and make our own way to meet the Crown Princess in Copenhagen. However, it sounds like Princess hasn't allowed that in the past. Does anyone know if that is still the case?

Thanks.

Hi Steve, I want to commend you and thank you for all of the information and the time you spend to help all of us travellers. We are a group of 6 that are taking the Princess Baltic cruise the end of Aug and are getting into Copenhagen a day early (landing in airport at 3:55 pm on the 27th). Cruise begins on the 28th. Looks like we will be staying at the Clarion Hotel Mayfair, Helgolandsgade3. Do you know if there are taxis or shuttles that can hold 6 people with their luggage from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the ship. We will definitely be going to Tivoli on the night we arrive - Wednesday. I saw an itinerary that you recommended for another for the day the ship sails that sounds pretty good. We also will have some time the day we disembark as our flight does not leave until 4:50 p.m. A couple of questions, are we within reasonable walking distance to sights such as the canal cruise as we thought this would be the first thing we would do on Thursday morning and do you think we could do anything before I flight out (and if so, what would we do with our luggage)? Two of our group have some medical issues so they might not be able to walk at a fast pace or for a truly long time.

All suggestions as what we could or should do, is greatly appreciated.

Kay

Archived