best way to get water?

witneys7

I need to know, please, the best and cheapest way to drink water while on board? I drink about a gallon a day, and though I would prefer it really cold I will of course drink it room temperature. If I bring a water bottle with me is there a place to fill it up with water and ice? Is the water out of your bathroom sink drinkable (I cringed when I typed that, picturing airplane or bus bathrooms, yuck :eek:). Thanks again!

on our cruises the bottled water was $, we asked for tap water at meals.

the ship uses a very good system for cleaning the water, better then the water in my tap (on most newer ships). most buffet areas will have a area to get water and ice. using a clean glass...fill up your bottle to take to the pool or off the ship.

A gallon???? Really??? You must sweat ALOT! You do know that most of your liquid is through the food you eat...

Just drink tap water over ice....easy, free, and tasty.

Don't overdo it...your body does NOT need a gallon of additional liquid per day, unless you're doing some sort of REALLY physical activity in extremely hot weather!

Bring a sports bottle and fill with ice and water at the buffet. Or use the ice your cabin steward provides, and water from the sink. Water onboard is seawater desalinated by reverse osmosis. It is purer than your water at home, and most bottled water. I carry a bottle with a filter only when traveling to areas where I will need to refill onshore, but usually it is when I am on a land trip, not a cruise. EM

Even though everyone says the water is very good, I've been thinking about buying a refillable bottle that has a built-in filter on it. I see Amazon sells them.

You will be wasting your money as you will not be filtering anything. The water on board is purer than most bottled water and most tap water in the states. The refillable bottle is fine but I wouldn't spend the extra money for the built-in filter.

Cheers,

Also be aware that some ships/lines (thinking Royal Caribbean in particular here but may be others) post signs asking you not to refill water bottles from public spigots for sanitary reasons (ie, too many people using small-mouthed water bottles were holding the rim up against or over the water spout).

A gallon???? Really??? You must sweat ALOT! You do know that most of your liquid is through the food you eat...

Just drink tap water over ice....easy, free, and tasty.

Don't overdo it...your body does NOT need a gallon of additional liquid per day, unless you're doing some sort of REALLY physical activity in extremely hot weather!

I really do, and I have for years. I really am that thirsty, but not like dry mouth, or an illness like diabetes. I do work out hard which I get a lot of that gallon around that time. But my days are about 17 hours long and 4 32 ounce water bottles really doesn't seem like a lot. My body responds well to it:) Thanks for your concern though.

Also, thanks to everyone for assuring me that the water on board is clean. That is really good to hear:)

Thank you! This thread answered my question regarding water. I really didn't want to have to buy bottle of water, esp since I'm opting not to go for a soda/juice package. I can easily drink water.

I'm assuming then there are no water fountains?

Thanks!

There are no water fountains but there are plenty of places to get water. Bartenders & waiters will also bring you water for free if you ask. If all I get from them is water having been a bartender, I do tip them in cash b/c I am taking their time from a "paying" / tipping customer.

At the risk of sounding like a water snob..... Everyone who is saying that the water tastes good- what water do you normally drink at home? I carry my water bottle with me everywhere because I really dislike tap water. I even bring it into restaraunts:o. Just curious. I don't relish the thought of packing a ton of bottled water, but I don't drink much else other than water and I don't want to be dissapointed with the ship's water. I'm just wondering if those who like the ship's water are as picky as me. :)

We bring a six-pack of water aboard, refill the bottles as needed in our sink and store in the fridge. The steward will also keep you supplied with ice. Or bring any kind of water bottle you prefer.

I'm used to well water, so most 'town' tap water tastes a little funny to me, but I get along with the ship's water just fine.

At the risk of sounding like a water snob..... Everyone who is saying that the water tastes good- what water do you normally drink at home? :)

At home I drink either Poland Spring, Dasani or Aquafina. I can't tell the difference between them & the ship's water.

At the risk of sounding like a water snob..... Everyone who is saying that the water tastes good- what water do you normally drink at home? I carry my water bottle with me everywhere because I really dislike tap water. I even bring it into restaraunts:o. Just curious. I don't relish the thought of packing a ton of bottled water, but I don't drink much else other than water and I don't want to be dissapointed with the ship's water. I'm just wondering if those who like the ship's water are as picky as me. :)

ships have onboard distilling plants turning sea water into water that is more pure than most bottled water

the water on the ship really should be fine

Archived