Ever been recognized on a cruise ship by your CC avatar?

heatherandfred

I have, but I don't think by my picture. Mostly from postings on the roll call forums and when I tell people we are from Nebr. Since hardly anyone else from Nebraska is on a cruise, it's kind of obvious.

I wish I could change my screen name! Not very creative.

This thread is really funny. It so nice to see this compare to some of the snarly comments I have recently seen on other posts.

Once when I had a photo of myself posted as my avatar someone came up to me while we were in line waiting to get into the terminal and asked me if I was Lady_Cruiser. It really made me feel good that someone not only recognized me but knew my user name.

I have a couple of times. Not by my avatar though since I don't have a picture but by the links to my pictures that I often post.

When my son and DIL went on their honeymoon on a 14 day Princess cruise to Hawaii in Feb they couldn't believe how many people came up to them and said " you must be Chris and Caitlin the honeymooners". Funny thing is they don't go on CC. I got on their roll call and told everyone they would be on board. They even singed up for an excursion with other CCers. They were the only people under 30:).

I have been recognized and just about blew my DH's mind. Like so many couples I have a good and exciting life on CC and DH does not ever go on it. We were in a hotel in Barcelona and hubby was at the elevator when someone came up to him and said "Hi (name) how was the trip from DC"/ Hubby spent an hour trying to figure out who the person was. I recognized a member of a roll call because they always wore parrot shirts. Since we are back mostly on Princess not seeing them much.

I feel like I know people on these boards better than I know some of the folks on my street whom I only wave to once or twice a month. I appreciate that the friendly folks here chat with me and connect me to many exciting adventures.

Edited by Bowie MeMe

I have been recognized and just about blew my DH's mind. Like so many couples I have a good and exciting life on CC and DH does not ever go on it. We were in a hotel in Barcelona and hubby was at the elevator when someone came up to him and said "Hi (name) how was the trip from DC"/ Hubby spent an hour trying to figure out who the person was. I recognized a member of a roll call because they always wore parrot shirts. Since we are back mostly on Princess not seeing them much.

I feel like I know people on these boards better than I know some of the folks on my street whom I only wave to once or twice a month. I appreciate that the friendly folks here chat with me and connect me to many exciting adventures.

Very cool.

ALL THE TIME! Although I change my picture with each cruise, I get recognized.

There was one cruise we went on and my daughters got sick and we didn't make it to the meet and greet. However, the ENTIRE cruise I had people coming up to me and saying "hey, you are Kim right?". It was funny and weird that they were all able to recognize me from that. I'm not even exaggerating either...there must have been at least 20+ people on that cruise and it was a daily thing. My husband kept teasing me and saying "you're a star baby, you're a star". LOL :D

I have. This summer we were in Carcross, Yukon (and if you've ever been there, you know how small it is!) and someone walked up to me and asked if I was Sherry. Turns out it was someone from our Roll Call, but it was a bit of a shock at first!

Sort of. We had a roll call meeting at sail away and as soon as I walked there, one guy pointed at me and asked: "Finland?"

The worst part is that we Finns always recognize one another abroad. Just look for the ones that are badly dressed and drunk and you have hit the jackpot. The guy who pointed me out was from North America so I HOPE it was the avatar and not...you know..other things :rolleyes:

• 1 year later...

Not me. I still have the blue pic on my Facebook page.

Mom and sis share an avatar here, but it's just a pic.

We do get recognized when the three of us travel together