Couldn't Post most of the day :(

I wish I knew what i was doing right so I could help y'all. Except for slow loading, which is not unusual on the weekends for me, everything seems to be working.

I am running a couple of Firefox ad ons that block scripts, pup ups, ads, etc. Could that be why?

I haven't had any problems at all (on Firefox--knocking on wood). However, I left around 4:00 to watch the basketball game, just came back on and the whole format is now different.

My quick links tells me how many posts I have made, beside poster's name is a notation whether they are on or off line, smile icons, different ways of posting whether you want to quote or not. All kinds of different things.

Tucker in Texas

I too am having problems and have noticed that it doesn't seem to fully load. Has anyone heard from the hosts of this site of what the problem is? Is this a common problem with this site or is this out of the ordinary? I am using the Firefox browser. It looks like everyone is using a variety of browsers so that doesn't appear to be the problem.

just looked at the site on Safari on the iPod. Nope, there are blue boxes, but no labels. Maybe they are updating? I noticed the edit button now says EDIT/DELETE message in the pop-up where the button should be. :).

Whatever is going on, it is strictly for CC only ~ every other site I go to is 100% fine. I have came here a few times over the last few days and sometimes it is fine and other times it is wonky. I hope they can figure this out!

I just downloaded Firefox (was using IE before). It is better, but there are still problems such as super slow loading and funny configurations. This is most definitely a Cruise Critic problem. Otoh, I think I'm liking FF a lot!

Hey, it's fixed!

As soon as I posted that last message, all the formatting returned to normal for me. Where should I send the invoice?

I just downloaded Firefox (was using IE before). It is better, but there are still problems such as super slow loading and funny configurations. This is most definitely a Cruise Critic problem. Otoh, I think I'm liking FF a lot!

I have seen this problem since yesterday morning on my laptop....All of the other sites I go to is 100 % OK....It is only CC....I certainly hope they fix it....It is frustrating.......Here goes my post I hope!

Mike

my buttons are back but the OP still shows madforcruising as the OP and not me.... Anyone know how it could have deleted me and put someone elses?

Pretty easy answer your thread and my thread have been merged, as they are about the same topic. When threads are merged the posts stay in chronological order and your OP post on your original thread was way after my post on my original thread, so your OP is somewhere in this now merged thread.

Anyway CC is back to normal and this can drift off into cyber heaven.;)

Pretty easy answer your thread and my thread have been merged, as they are about the same topic. When threads are merged the posts stay in chronological order and your OP post on your original thread was way after my post on my original thread, so your OP is somewhere in this now merged thread.

Anyway CC is back to normal and this can drift off into cyber heaven.;)

Thanks :) I was wondering how it happened... Glad everything is back to normal!

I had the same problem also. This is the first time that I have been able to post since last Friday. I ended up e-mailing Laura just to make sure the problem was with CC and not on my end. She asured me that the problem was on CC's end and that they were working on it. I guess they resolved it.

Not the PP about the virus, but the same thing happened to me. There was a note at the top of the forums Wednesday morning about user reports of a possible virus. I was perusing the boards about 11:00, and soon after that my computer had popups saying it had been attacked and I needed to purchase a certain antivirus software. I was unable to access the web on any browser, always got an error message about the virus. Since I already had Norton, I knew not to get sucked in (I know just enough about computers to be dangerous).

It took 4 hours that night on the phone and online with Norton to get it cleaned out. It was the Antivirus Soft trojan. Am I sure it came from CC? No, but it was the only site I was on at the time, and there have apparently been others to whom it happened that morning as well. Circumstantial, I know, but...

EXACT same think happened to me. Took several hours and $129.00 to get my computer fixed. It was the Antivirum Soft trojan and I feel certain it came from cruisecritic. Also, it has been discussed on many of the boards and was a problem for many. I was accessing through IE when it happened. Using firefox now.

Donna

Not the PP about the virus, but the same thing happened to me. There was a note at the top of the forums Wednesday morning about user reports of a possible virus. I was perusing the boards about 11:00, and soon after that my computer had popups saying it had been attacked and I needed to purchase a certain antivirus software. I was unable to access the web on any browser, always got an error message about the virus. Since I already had Norton, I knew not to get sucked in (I know just enough about computers to be dangerous).

It took 4 hours that night on the phone and online with Norton to get it cleaned out. It was the Antivirus Soft trojan. Am I sure it came from CC? No, but it was the only site I was on at the time, and there have apparently been others to whom it happened that morning as well. Circumstantial, I know, but...

I have gotten messages like that when on several different websites. It looks very official but you have to be savy enough not to open it.

• 2 weeks later...

...today my desktop was hit with the Windows XP Security trojan. The trojan is set up to look like windows security and it hijacked my IE, similar to what has been stated on this thread, where you are redirected or prevented from browsing via IE. It also placed a icon on my tasktray with pop ups.

I used Safari to get info online and ultimately get rid of the trojan, but I wanted to ask if this is the same thing any of you have been hit with? And is it really from CC?

Archived