Formal Gowns on New Season of DWTS.

I noticed when they showed clips of Kate and Tony that she was in her house.... That was her family room they were dancing in. I read that they made concessions and fly her in for the show. I dont support her lifestyle one way or another I just like that they have someone on the show that is experiencing everything I did when entereing the competition world.... LOL, it did not take me weeks but years to get comfortable with performing on a dance floor and I like that this real life feelings of " I cant do this" is being displayed here....

I just think this is going to go a long way for your normal gal that just wants to learn to dance with no grand expectations of perfection come week 6. It might promote couples to take a few lessons for a cruise and find some really joy and passion in the process as I have.... Could be!!

I wish everyone would quit calling Pam "Old"!!! It's giving me a complex because I'm only 14 days younger than she is! :eek::confused::D;)

It's okay, my higher ratio of body fat has me better preserved. LOL

By old, I don't mean in age, but in terms of how hard she's lived her life and her "look" of being old.

HI, yes now that I see Brooke , I remember her, I do like her work on the show so far.

I am not sure who I like the best so far, I think the pussy cat one, (what is her name ?) did well and the woman sports caster did well , and Evan the ice skater did well, in spite of his professional , can't help it , just don't really like her much. But oh my poor Buzz , he did not do so well , after all he is 80 and I prefer to remember him as dignified, daring and dashing , now , well , not so much.

I think this could be a very interesting season.

Cori

In my opinion, she was better than I thought she would be. Yes the hair was a mess (and I agree it's a way to distract from her face). You have to admit she has a great body tho (how old is she)? But here's the REAL question; did anyone else get the feeling she was drunk? I know she was tired after her dance but it looked to me like she could barely stand up on her own.

I'll still be rooting for her. I love a train wreck :D

In my opinion, she was better than I thought she would be. Yes the hair was a mess (and I agree it's a way to distract from her face). You have to admit she has a great body tho (how old is she)? But here's the REAL question; did anyone else get the feeling she was drunk? I know she was tired after her dance but it looked to me like she could barely stand up on her own.

I'll still be rooting for her. I love a train wreck :D

Yes , we thought she might have had a drink or two , or possibly something else ? Unless that is how she always acts, ?? I wouldn't know.

Cori

Yes , we thought she might have had a drink or two , or possibly something else ? Unless that is how she always acts, ?? I wouldn't know.

Cori

Hi Cori, you know I was thinking "the something else" too.

Call my a cynic:rolleyes:.....I am not rooting for her.

I am thinking, no drinking was going on there!!

Len did not like her but I thought for a first time out she did rather well with the steps. I just dont think she could of done that with a drink or 2 under her belt.... LOL, though her after dancing interview was a bit strange!! But I will tell you myself after a competition you are still so "geered up" that I have been known to say a few stupid things myself.

This dance fit her personality, but come the smooth dances like a waltz or whatever we will have to see how it fits her. As it turns out this may be an interesting season.

I loved Kates pink dress, and I so much want a pink gown, but due to my pending lay off, no new gown is in my future... oh well!!

I am thinking, no drinking was going on there!!

Len did not like her but I thought for a first time out she did rather well with the steps. I just dont think she could of done that with a drink or 2 under her belt.... LOL, though her after dancing interview was a bit strange!! But I will tell you myself after a competition you are still so "geered up" that I have been known to say a few stupid things myself.

This dance fit her personality, but come the smooth dances like a waltz or whatever we will have to see how it fits her. As it turns out this may be an interesting season.

I loved Kates pink dress, and I so much want a pink gown, but due to my pending lay off, no new gown is in my future... oh well!!

Hi:) I know you are the dancer so you know about it way more

than I do but I wasn't thinking of liquor making her quicker but I was

thinking she might have popped a pill or 2:rolleyes:...(call me a cynic).

I tend to root for underdogs and I put Pamela Anderson in that category, so I am rooting for her to make at least top five. However, I think I might tire soon of her flirtations and attempts to be a sex kitten. It will be interesting to see how well she handle the notorious two-step or a lively, demanding jive or Charleston-style dance. A paso doble might be a challenge too.

Also, I really want to see her in a feminine, flowing waltz gown, with no hint of tart. I bet she could be uber-attractive with an elegant hair style and a sweeping, softened gown in a pastel or the now popular muted floral prints.

Oh I so agree.. I hope they dont put her in a gown that she "falls out of"

They're going to need some major re-enforcements to do that.:D

I really don't care if someone gets "enhancements" but WHY do some get them soooooo big?:confused:

I read that they feel they need to dress Gosslin more conservatively, being the mother of eight, so maybe we will see more gowns that more of we everyday people can relate to. I particularly liked the pink she wore.

We have never missed a single show in all of the 9 previous "seasons" of DWTS and I truly believe this group of stars is the best ever right out of the gate. Love Brooke as the co-host (Sam was okay but I do agree Brooke is a real natural for the part). I too agree that the "Pussycat Doll" is going to be a contender as well as Erin, Evan, and possibly Chad. Poor little Kate was a bit stiff, to say the least, but I'm sure she was mortified through the whole thing. Pamela appeared to have been under the influence of something as she was a bit on the goofy side when Brooke interviewed her after the dance. Buzz gave it the old college try, but his days are numbered, bless his heart. I think possibly Niecy will be around for the "comedy factor" for a while...she was hilarious and when she said she was sure glad she got a bite of a hamburger before they started, I cracked up. Edyta's stuck again with a partner that just can't cut it, I'm afraid. He didn't move a lot, whether it was because he is a klutz or just due totally to a lack of any dancing talent at all, I don't know, but I think they may have an early exit as well. As far as the gowns go, I liked Chelsea Hightower's pink gown and Brooke's the best. Some of the others were not as gorgeous as we've seen in the past. It's always interesting to see the cream rise to the top after a few weeks, but IMHO, Nicole, the Pussycat Doll, really deserved the 9 she got from Carrie Ann. Looking forward to next Monday's performances, as always.

I didn't like Shannon's dress but the love between her and her father was very touching. Neecy was exciting and I like her sassy attitude. Buzz - what can you say? I hope I can get out and dance at 80.

Amazing. I'm not a life long fan but I do enjoy it.

Sharon

I think a lot of the time she isn't with the kids it is her week off and she can't be with them. I believe in the custody arrangement she has to leave the house/kids every other week while dad is there. So they are not alone, they are with dad. Maybe she is keeping busy so she won't miss them so much.

My following comment is sooo not directed at you...but, have you heard about what a prima donna she is? I'm normally not a "tabloid" follower, and I do have to admit that after the 1st season of their show I developed a HUGE dislike for Kate...but according to what I have heard, the staff at DWTS is saying that she's much worse than anyone else that's ever been on the show. Very demanding and treating the staff in a very demeaning manner. I fully admit that I won't budge in my opinion of her, which is really rare for me...I'm really pretty easy going, but not with with her!:(

My following comment is sooo not directed at you...but, have you heard about what a prima donna she is? I'm normally not a "tabloid" follower, and I do have to admit that after the 1st season of their show I developed a HUGE dislike for Kate...but according to what I have heard, the staff at DWTS is saying that she's much worse than anyone else that's ever been on the show. Very demanding and treating the staff in a very demeaning manner. I fully admit that I won't budge in my opinion of her, which is really rare for me...I'm really pretty easy going, but not with with her!:(

Hi Nancy, Her partner is Tony right? I feel really bad for him then....

if she acts that way while he is trying to teach? She needs go to sit

in the corner:eek:...oh is timeout still done with kids these days?:rolleyes:

Hi Nancy, Her partner is Tony right? I feel really bad for him then....

if she acts that way while he is trying to teach? She needs go to sit

in the corner:eek:...oh is timeout still done with kids these days?:rolleyes:

She certainly used it enough on her children so maybe it's time she gets a taste of it.:D

Re Kate: I feel bad for Tony , and he seems like such a nice guy. That is probably why he got her instead of Max, now with Max I don't think he would put up with a prima donna, he seems to me to be a strong type, and there would have been trouble.

Cori

Monday, March 29, 2010: Brooke is wearing a drop dead gorgeous gun metal grey sheath gown with intricate sculptural detailing. Also, it is strapless. The gown is smoking! That gown would be perfect on a cruise for women blessed with the figure the dress demands.

Wait, it may not be a gown...it may be cocktail length. It is hard to get a full look. Stay tuned.

Oh...my...gosh! That dress isn't standard cocktail length, it is mid-thigh! The front of the hem is curved upward, so the center front is really short. This dress is for gals with great legs.

I really prefer to see gowns, but as it seems that more and more women wear cocktail dresses on formal night anyway, perhaps it is just as well if Brooke goes to that style. I hope she will wear gowns at least fifty percent of the time though.

Monday, March 29, 2010: Brooke is wearing a drop dead gorgeous gun metal grey sheath gown with intricate sculptural detailing. Also, it is strapless. The gown is smoking! That gown would be perfect on a cruise for women blessed with the figure the dress demands.

Wait, it may not be a gown...it may be cocktail length. It is hard to get a full look. Stay tuned.

Oh...my...gosh! That dress isn't standard cocktail length, it is mid-thigh! The front of the hem is curved upward, so the center front is really short. This dress is for gals with great legs.

H:)i....definitely a change;)...it is definitely a short dress.

Did you just see the clip of Tony walking out on Kate??...so he

is not going to take any of her BS either......good for him. But I am

sure he will come back. I really love Tony and am sorry he has

to be her partner.

Is this any different than Edita who locks herself away from her partner and complians of the pressure she is under... Oh please, this is what they do for a living and part of thier job is to deal with new dancers who have melt downs... Not to mention they are paid quite well to deal with this all.... Have I not seen this a million times in a dance studio....

I have always enjoyed your posts but no reason to be rude. I know they are being paid.

I didn't know Edita locked herself away. It is just my opinion. I like Tony and don't like Kate.

Buzz Aldrin reminds me so much of the older ballroom dancers I see on cruise ships. I'd love to see him dance with his wife. I don't dance worth a lick, but I hope Hubby and I can dance like Buzz when we are his age and take to the dance floor on a cruise ship of the future.

Aldrin's partner Ashley's gown is a gorgeous blue. I would kill for a gown that color.

Say, I was on the phone when the meltdown blew up between Kate and her partner. I saw it but couldn't hear it. Dang! I bet I missed something terrific! I hope they show it again.:)

Whoa! Hold the phone, ladies! Is Pam Anderson's upper arm covered with bruises?

Buzz Aldrin reminds me so much of the older ballroom dancers I see on cruise ships. I'd love to see him dance with his wife. I don't dance worth a lick, but I hope Hubby and I can dance like Buzz when we are his age and take to the dance floor on a cruise ship of the future.

Aldrin's partner Ashley's gown is a gorgeous blue.

Say, I was on the phone when the meltdown blew up between Kate and her partner. I saw it but couldn't hear it. Dang! I bet I missed something terrific! I hope they show it again.:)

They have not danced yet so yes, they will show it again. They always

show a clip of the practice session.

Archived