Formal Gowns on New Season of DWTS.

Here we go again, another season of loving and ahting the gowns on DWTS.

First Brooke, the new hostess is a revelation. I really did not care much for her when she hosted CBS Rock Star. I feel she is much more comfortable in this element. She is much warmer and more natural than she was on RockStar. Also, she is more gracious and natural than Samantha was.

Brooke's gown is not one I would or could wear, but at 66, I don't think its lines would become me. As Brooke has a glamorous well-endowed femininity, her gowns will be quite different from Sam's. Tonight she is wearing a Grecian-inspired silvery gown with a jewel-embellished neckline and a revealing decoletage. (Men will be gaga over that.)

The gown drapes beautifully. I love the silver satin criss-cross sashing at the waist line...actually just below the bust. This is a very feminine gown and one that is more forgiving to those who do not have high fashion slender figures.

Pro dancer Chelsea Hightower's flowing pale pink strapless waltz gown is gorgeous! With a few changes, this would be a fabulous gown for a formal night on a cruise.

I didn't care at all for Cheryl's bubble skirted cocktail-length cha cha outfit. The bubble was too stiff and didn't move well with her. I felt it did her exemplary and spirited dancing a disservice.

Hi, I was wondering if a new thread was going to start:)

I agree with you about Brooke and think she is doing well.

And (in my opinion) I thought Erin looked lovely and she and Max

did great:D

Hi, Lois. Max is one of my favorites. I was really surprised at how well Erin did. (LOL. I don't know WHY I didn't think she would do well. :o) Actually, none so far have been really bad. Let's see how well Buzz Aldrin does. He has to represent for the 80 year olds. I always wish them well. They are an inspiration.

Wow! He did very well. He got a standing ovation. The mean judge Len is being a jerk.

Missed the first half hour since I was at my dance class.:)

I had no idea who Brooke was but just the few minutes I saw her, she seems very personable. I just hope that we are not going to be subjected to the fakies hanging out every week.

Notice how they saved the two most controversial to dance last?:rolleyes:

Missed the first half hour since I was at my dance class.:)

I had no idea who Brooke was but just the few minutes I saw her, she seems very personable. I just hope that we are not going to be subjected to the fakies hanging out every week.

Notice how they saved the two most controversial to dance last?:rolleyes:

Yes, they did....:eek:. Pamela did more dirty dancing than anything else.

And Kate, ehhh.....

Yes, they did....:eek:. Pamela did more dirty dancing than anything else.

Somehow that didn't surprise me.

And Kate, ehhh.....

Double ehhh. Her feet were TERRIBLE but her gown was lovely and I could see it on a cruise.

Was hoping this would be back again. Just watching now. Love Anna's shades of blue/silver dress.

I loved that print too. It would make a lovely gown designed in a similar way but more suitable for a cruise. The colors were so attractive especially with Anna's hair.

Pamela Anderson did better than I thought she would and I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Gosselin does not have much potential, but her gown does have potential redesigned for formal cruise wear. She looked beautiful in that color. I guess the gown was the best part of her dance.

Oh good I was looking for the new thread on DWTS. I am on the west coast , so it has not even aired here. Am looking forward to it. I am not sure who Brooke is , I will have to see, now I am really anxious to see all the gowns and outfits. Fun. Thanks for sharing

Cori

Oh good I was looking for the new thread on DWTS. I am on the west coast , so it has not even aired here. Am looking forward to it. I am not sure who Brooke is , I will have to see, now I am really anxious to see all the gowns and outfits. Fun. Thanks for sharing

Cori

Hi Cori,:) Brooke was a dancer last year (or was it 2 years ago?)

You are probably just now watching...have fun...I am off to bed:eek:

2 years ago - didn't she win her season?

Yes Brooke was the winner for the season she was on - she and Derek... love her as host. I also liked Samantha but Samantha would have these awful jerks and would jiggle sometimes. Brooke is more calm and personable.

Pam Andersen was..... well, Pam - and Kate was awful. I enjoyed the Pussycat gal - loved Kate's gown.

carol

Was hoping this would be back again. Just watching now. Love Anna's shades of blue/silver dress.

Anna's gown was my favourite also. I love printed fabrics and it looked very silky and would not take up much suitcase space.

My biggest problem with Pam was her hair. It was everywhere!

I also thought that Edyta's dress was missing half of it's fringe layers. I didn't care for seeing the separations every time she moved.

Pamelas hair...what a distraction.

Sure Kate did not do well. But here is what I like about her. As Carrie Ann said she has no acting background, not athletic background and is quite insecure about the whole thing. I think she really could be a perfect example of what one viewer might expect as far as progress if they were to take up dance lessons. All her feelings are so common for the new "everyday" dancer. I know this is entertainment and if she does not provide that she will be voted off but I would of liked to see her progress some before getting the boot! I think she will be one of the first to go.

I was not crazy about Brooke chosen as the co host, but I have to agree she did well and is much more nautral in the role than Sam was.

After last night's show, I have to say I am somewhat rooting for deep underdogs Kate Gosselin and Buzz Aldrin because they represent the kind of cruise ship passenger who seldom has a chance to dance but on a ship with the good bands and maybe a few drinks might step out and try. (In other words, they represent me!:o)

I also am rooting for naughty Pam Anderson because I'd like to see her transform her image for her more mature future, but the way she behaved last night, I'm not sure that transformation is in her near future.

The PussyCat's Doll was the most impressive, but it seems as if she has an unfair advantage. The Olympic ice skater has great potential too, but may be too intense. He has to have some fun. I can't help thinking I would have rather seen Johnny Wier, the more controversial skater. At least he has personality plus.

I just loved seeing all the costumes again, even the men's. I loved the tux with the pink bow tie that matched the partner's pink gown. Perhaps on a cruise ship, some would see such a matchy-matchy combination as too tacky. I liked it though. (Whoops! Maybe my tastes are too tacky! :o)

Judge Len was in high dudgeon last night, doing his best Simon imitation. It is tough work being a nasty judge but someone has to do it.

After last night's show, I have to say I am somewhat rooting for deep underdogs Kate Gosselin and Buzz Aldrin because they represent the kind of cruise ship passenger who seldom has a chance to dance but on a ship with the good bands and maybe a few drinks might step out and try. (In other words, they represent me!:o)

I also am rooting for naughty Pam Anderson because I'd like to see her transform her image for her more mature future, but the way she behaved last night, I'm not sure that transformation is in her near future.

The PussyCat's Doll was the most impressive, but it seems as if she has an unfair advantage. The Olympic ice skater has great potential too, but may be too intense. He has to have some fun. I can't help thinking I would have rather seen Johnny Wier, the more controversial skater. At least he has personality plus.

I just loved seeing all the costumes again, even the men's. I loved the tux with the pink bow tie that matched the partner's pink gown. Perhaps on a cruise ship, some would see such a matchy-matchy combination as too tacky. I liked it though. (Whoops! Maybe my tastes are too tacky! :o)

Judge Len was in high dudgeon last night, doing his best Simon imitation. It is tough work being a nasty judge but someone has to do it.

I love DWTS and look forward to it each season. My husband and I have been taking ballroom lessons for about 5 years, it no longer takes alcohol to get us out on the floor but we still resemble Kate & Buzz in our dancing abilities, LOL!

Will be interesting to see how things progress this season. I agree with your comments regarding the skater, Johnny Weir would have been a fun choice. I would like to see Maks and his partner do well, at least that keeps Maks on the show more! Love to watch him dance!

Sherri:)

I had trouble really seeing much of Brooke's gown--we missed the first few minutes of the show due to DVR problems--but it looked kind of slumpy in front--and not something most people could wear.

I thought she started out the interviews very awkwardly but improved somewhat as the evening wore on.

Loved the Pussycat doll girl's dance, as well as the skater's, but, really, they both have more dance experience, even if a different type, than most people, and both are used to performing as well. Kate and Buzz, well, probably very much what the ordinary person (me) would do with learning ballroom--much room for improvement.

As to Pamela, of my gosh, so over the top. I think she has to have all that hair to (sorry to sound snarky) disguise the fact that her face is ravaged by multiple cosmetic procedures as well as hard living. She comes off, to me, as kind of desparate to keep up the sex kitten facade. But then, I'm not a guy.

It's an interesting line-up this year, better than I thought it would be when first hearing the dancers' (mostly unknown to me) names. I thought many of the dresses were lovely last night, especially Anna's--and that one might even be wearable on a cruise!

I think Brooke will do well for DWTS. I liked her gown .. didn't wow me but it looked nice on her.

Anna's gown was the hit of the night for me!

I always think Derek's partners have an advantage because he seems to know how to showcase them as opposed to Edyta who only knows how to showcase Edyta. But the Pussycat Doll (seems no one else knows her name either) was lovely in the dance last night.

We were amused at Evan Lysachek .. he looked great but he did seem to miss the ice and the ease of gliding.

I can't wait to see Ochocinco jive next week!

I thought Brooke did very well, but I did not like her dress. The side shots where her girls were exposed really showed her implants and did not look natural.

I loved Anna's gown, but the flapper outfit was way out of line. When the fringe moved, I thought she looked naked.

I thought Chad did amazingly well. I was surprised by how good he looked. He'll have to keep his ego in check to survive over the long haul.

Sorry, but dispite the fact that Kate is an ordinary person, I cannot cheer for her. I just feel sorry for her kids, being left alone so much. She's on DWTS, she's on the View, she's on a book tour, she's out partying a lot of nights with Harry, Larry and Gary (made up names) and she's just interested in her own fame and being on TV. Single moms all over the world manage to take care of their kids without having to be on TV and in the rag mags all the time.

Evan is a great guy, but he needs to loosen up a bit to be successful. Pam, what can anyone say. She's getting old and washed up, and I just didn't see the great dancing others did. She just looked to be doing her "pole dancing" that's she's famous for on stolen You Tube videos. Can't do dirty dancing during a waltz.

I think Pamela danced okay but she should just relax and not try

to be the sex symbol all the time. She needs to just be a normal

person. That hanging all over her partner and acting the sexy dumb

blonde did nothing for her. The fashion designers and hair stylests

should try to down play that sex image.

I think Brooke did great and will only get better.

Kate was just okay. Hopefull she will improve. Afterall, they

do need people who have no dance or entertainment experience and

not just the pussycat dolls and athletes.

Sorry, but dispite the fact that Kate is an ordinary person, I cannot cheer for her. I just feel sorry for her kids, being left alone so much. She's on DWTS, she's on the View, she's on a book tour, she's out partying a lot of nights with Harry, Larry and Gary (made up names) and she's just interested in her own fame and being on TV. Single moms all over the world manage to take care of their kids without having to be on TV and in the rag mags all the time.

I totally agree with you! UGH!!! What kind of mom is she when she's never there? :(:confused::(

Pam, what can anyone say. She's getting old and washed up, and I just didn't see the great dancing others did.

I wish everyone would quit calling Pam "Old"!!! It's giving me a complex because I'm only 14 days younger than she is! :eek::confused::D;)

It's okay, my higher ratio of body fat has me better preserved. LOL

I totally agree with you! UGH!!! What kind of mom is she when she's never there? :(:confused::(

I think a lot of the time she isn't with the kids it is her week off and she can't be with them. I believe in the custody arrangement she has to leave the house/kids every other week while dad is there. So they are not alone, they are with dad. Maybe she is keeping busy so she won't miss them so much.

Archived