Formal Gowns on New Season of DWTS.

Nicole Sherzinger and her partner earn the first two tens of the season. I am amazed that happened so early in the season.

Yea, I don't recall if anyone got a 10 in week 2 before.

Whoa! Hold the phone, ladies! Is Pam Anderson's upper arm covered with bruises?

Unless I missed something, which is totally possible:oshe's got a wrap around tattoo on her upper arm.

Pam Anderson amazed me with her Marilyn Monroe tribute. Wow! I loved her silvery grey gown with matching elbow length gloves and --well--she danced far better than I would have imagined. She is more serious tonight. I am glad she is settling down.

She looked great, didn't she? Very nice to see.:)

Sorry Lois, Is is never my intention to be rude, did not realize it came off as that.

Yes, I am not a Pamela Fan, but there is no denying that she really caught the complete spirit of the foxtrot...loved it... She needs work on her posture but interesting it is usually when one dances side by side that it is harder, yet she did this section great.

Unless I missed something, which is totally possible:oshe's got a wrap around tattoo on her upper arm.

She has a barbed wire wrap on her arm, but above that I saw 3 or 4 strange roundish red marks. I don't know if they were bruises, but I'm surprised that they didn't cover them with makeup.

I thought Kate looked great tonight, but she does not have any confidence when she dances. Every move she made was very small.

I would like Brooke's dress to be a little longer, but I did like the top half.

Not that I could wear it. :rolleyes:

Sorry Lois, Is is never my intention to be rude, did not realize it came off as that.

Yes, I am not a Pamela Fan, but there is no denying that she really caught the complete spirit of the foxtrot...loved it... She needs work on her posture but interesting it is usually when one dances side by side that it is harder, yet she did this section great.

Thank you. Apology accepted:)

I thought Pamela looked really good! She really did get into the

character.;)......Happy Birthday Mr President...........

As for Kate? She got a 15 and in my opinion that is all she deserved.

She looked stiff as a board:eek:

She has a barbed wire wrap on her arm, but above that I saw 3 or 4 strange roundish red marks. I don't know if they were bruises, but I'm surprised that they didn't cover them with makeup.

I totally missed the marks on her arm:o, but yeah, you'd think that they would have covered them.

Did some google research after my post and the red marks on her left shoulder are birth marks. Sometimes they are covered or airbrushed out of photos.

Many eons ago, Pamela was in a movie called "Barbed Wire" and she got the tats for that movie. I guess she was really living the part.

Pam did surprisingly well, and I think it will be between Kate and Buzz who will go first. I'm hoping they show Kate the door, vote her off the island or whatever. Sorry, I know she has fans here, but I'm certainly not one of them.

I thought Brooke's dress was interesting, though not very wearable for the majority of cruisers. Carrie Ann's dress looked much easier to wear. I also like Erin's dress and a couple of the other Fox Trot gowns were lovely also.

Pamela was much less over the top this week, thank goodness. I still don't like all her posturing. I'd like to see her genuine self once in a while, without all the pretense. I also thought she looked better in practice without all the tons of make-up she wears to preform.

Buzz, Kate and the Ocho?? guy really are having a bad time. Buzz should go first, but, like many of us, I wouldn't mind seeing Kate go.

Kate just amazes me because she appears to be someone who has had little if any exposure to music, dance, or movement such as sports. She is amazingly awkward for a woman. Not only that, what movement she does do bares little co-ordination with the music she is dancing to. I'm just amazed by this because even toddlers can dance naturally and move in time to music and she doesn't seem to be even that far evolved.

She is as awkward as some of the more muscle-bound and out of shape retired pro athletes. I must admit I am surprised. It can't be because she is camera shy and inhibited by the close scrutiny.

Another comment. Is it just me or are the gowns more beautiful this year than ever? Maybe it is becasue of the dance genres that have been performed so far, but I am just enchanted with some of the gowns and colors the women are wearing.

A question...are these dramatic blow ups bewteen pros and celebrities phoney baloney for drama and interest or are they actually happening? Just wondering why a camera always just happens to be running when the tears start flowing and anger boils over.

Kate just amazes me because she appears to be someone who has had little if any exposure to music, dance, or movement such as sports. She is amazingly awkward for a woman. Not only that, what movement she does do bares little co-ordination with the music she is dancing to. I'm just amazed by this because even toddlers can dance naturally and move in time to music and she doesn't seem to be even that far evolved.

She is as awkward as some of the more muscle-bound and out of shape retired pro athletes. I must admit I am surprised. It can't be because she is camera shy and inhibited by the close scrutiny.

Another comment. Is it just me or are the gowns more beautiful this year than ever? Maybe it is becasue of the dance genres that have been performed so far, but I am just enchanted with some of the gowns and colors the women are wearing.

A question...are these dramatic blow ups bewteen pros and celebrities phoney baloney for drama and interest or are they actually happening? Just wondering why a camera always just happens to be running when the tears start flowing and anger boils over.

I wonder if Kate may have aspects of Aspergers. People with Aspergers often have no coordination, and some of her other conduct I have seen on TV makes me think that also. I am not sure how much has been staged for ratings though, and how much is really her. but I do feel sorry for her, if she is really the person portrayed. Most people hate her, but I just feel sorry for her.

As far as the dramatic blow ups-yes I think they may be staged,or else they may happen to all, but often this is edited out-as we are only shown what will make for good TV viewing. We all know reality TV shows have nothing to do with reality.

I did think Pamela Anderson looked like Marilyn Monroe last night. (especially her wig/hair) Both women have been known for the same thing. Marilyn was more famous though, and I do believe Marilyn did have talent, kind of sad, MM was mostly known for being a s*x kitten.

It will be buzz one week and Kate the next or visa versa. I dont think there is much hope of improvement for either. Too bad, I would of liked to of seen both of them do well.

Completely agree. Sometimes a person has been really bad but you could still see some potential and they DID improve but these two are not showing any glimmer of hope.;)

She is not my favorite person by far. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt here but some of it could be nerves, however, few have shown such nervousness before and I've never seen her act nervous anywhere else.:p She seems to be a control freak and this is one situation where she has no control. I loved when Tony said, "you're trying to tell Me how to teach?" Of course she turned it around and tried to act innocent with, "why, I don't get it?" that's just it, she doesn't get it.

I was thinking the same thing. There have been any number of beautiful gowns so far, ones that the everyday person could wear.

Could be a bit of both. The cameras are always running so they can catch anything to make for drama.

Have to agree, either Buzz or Kate, I think it will be Kate because of her additude. I hate to see Tony go this fast, but he maybe happy ;)

So far, this season seems to be more enjoyable with less "stars" and no Samantha. The gowns have been better and the music, so far, too.

When I first began to ballroom dance I looked very much like Kate. I did not come from a family that listened to music much, did not want to take ballet lessons as a kid and so when I began to dance it was both scary combined with little coordination or ability to even hear the beats of music. There was nothing physically wrong with me just something that was completly foreign to me. Now all of the above can be taught, and it was to me but it took me years while others would get it much faster..... Kate could be taught to be a good dancer too, but she just does not have enough time. LOL when I see her dance my heart breaks for her because I can so relate, but she will be gone in a week or so.

No I definetely dont think these blow ups are fake. I tried to say this earlier and I guess became rude. This happens actually a lot but the Pros are usually pretty good at controlling thier emotion and calming down the student.... LOL, I have been lectured at a lot lately myself. Emotions just tend to run high and in something like DWTS it has to be 10 times higher....

I really liked that even though Tony became fustrated with Kate and let loose he knew it was up tp him to fix it and he did come back in and bring it under control.. We have taken coaching lessons with Tony and his is tough but always a professional.

Also Corky... One can know the routines down cold, practice them a million times but once performing if your nerves take over you do forget it all of a sudden... It happens and it is not a lack of committment, again something only time can fix.

Unfortunately then, Kate didn't have the time - also mentioned by the judges re: her bouncing around to camou her lack of knowing her routine. But Yes, she will most likely be voted out soon........ carol

Really enjoyed the show , can't wait until tonight to see who goes home. I was really surprized at how well Pamala did , I did not expect that at all. And I thought Brooks dress was quite something, a bit short , I think it would have been fabulous had it be floor length, and to ware something like that , you really have to have all your" bits and pieces" in the right places.

Cori

Tuesday, March 30, 2010; Results Show: Wow! Another smoking dress, I think it is actually a gown this time. It is a coppery hue on my TV, designed in a drapey stye, evocative of Grecian godesses. The neckline is open to the waist, revealing a LOT. It would take courage to wear this to dinner on a cruise ship formal night. Well, gals, I would look ridiculous in this gown showing off my 66-year "attributes.":o I do like the color of the gown and the fabric.

(I am going to be superchallenged tonight switching back and forth between DWTS and American Idol.)

All I have to say is, I'm absolutely shocked !!!! Who the heck is voting here, for heaven's sake?

I've seen some reports both online and on different TV shows that have said Kate has been absolutely horrible, and apparently demanded that Tony be fired. I guess this proves that Kate has problems with not only her ex husband, but seemingly with all men. The more I see her, the more I cannot stand her.

Archived