Fiction

try the Janet Evanovich Stephanie Plum "Numbers" series. They are laugh out loud funny with a little mystery and sex thrown in.

I also like those books too - I would be afraid of laughing out loud & everyone looking at me like I was nuts. I also like reading James Patterson - they are quick reads.

Pat

I also like those books too - I would be afraid of laughing out loud & everyone looking at me like I was nuts. I also like reading James Patterson - they are quick reads.

Pat

Oh I've had that happen! Laying by a pool in Oxford, Mississippi - the construction workers behind me were wondering what was so funny since I was the only one at the pool! Can't help it! Number 15 was so funny I almost didn't make it to the restroom I was laughing so hard!:o:)

I've also gotten into the Nicholas Sparks books lately.

If you have an MP3 player, check out the online sites to download books (don't know if I can post any here). Just discovered one and got 2 free downloads. Much lighter to pack and carry than hard backs (which I seem to gravitate to) and don't get the sunglasses eyes since I can close them and imagine the book in my head.

Try Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child's "Wheel of Darkness". Mystery, Terror, cruise related and GOOD!

http://www.prestonchild.com/books/wheelofdarkness/index.html

-----------------------------

Sea ya!

Ron and Lee

Canton, Ga

Proud RCCL Platinum Member

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom,

in water there is bacteria." – Ben Franklin

We are proud Oasis Camel Cruiser – April 17, 2010

The Oasis Camels Website

Previous Cruises – 59 Days at Sea!

Carnival Mardis Gras - 3 Day Bahamas - April 1982

Carnival Destiny - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 1998

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - April 1999

Princess Sea Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2000

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2002

RCCL Navigator of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2003

RCCL Mariner of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 2005

RCCL Freedom of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - 6/18 - 6/25/2006

RCCL Liberty of the Seas - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - 7/19 - 7/26/08

Booked & Paid Cruises

RCCL Oasis of the Seas – Our Friends Cruise - April 17, 2010

Planned Cruises

RCCL Allure of the Seas – Our Neighborhood Cruise - 2011

The BIG One - Southeast Asia 14 day – 2012?

The Med – 14 day – 2013?

try the Janet Evanovich Stephanie Plum "Numbers" series. They are laugh out loud funny with a little mystery and sex thrown in.

When I read this series I would laugh so loud my kids would come in and say "what did the grandma do now??"

I second the vote on this series. Just becareful they are hard to put down!

Thanks, all. Good suggestions. I like to have a book to start right at the airport, so a paperback works best for me. I always hit the ship library first thing and check out the paperbacks that the previous group left :). Plus the hardback selection is best then.

Try Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child's "Wheel of Darkness". Mystery, Terror, cruise related and GOOD!

All the Preston/Child books are awesome! And I second the notion of a e-book reader of some kind. I go through books pretty quickly so it lets me carry around lots without any extra weight. :)

The girl with the dragon tattoo : Stieg Larsson. This is the first book of a brilliant trilogy

Neither of the above are cruise related but I couldn't put them down.....

I just saw the movie - blew me away..... Sequel: ."The Girl Who Played With Fire" just released today in paperback.

I am a member of BookCrossing, so every time I go on a cruise, I bring a bunch of the books you are looking for and leave them in the library. I call it a "themed release", and I love doing that. I order a bunch of the books as soon as I book a cruise and then read them before I go. I think I have about 15 books this time. One is a whole series by Conrad Allen....Murder on the Salsette, Murder on the ....just fill in a ship. lol. If you want to find something before you go, go to Amazon books, then do a seach for "cruise" in the murder/mystery genre.....many will come up. Good luck. I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes to do themed reads...lol.

Archived