Easter Basket? or just forget it this year?

Sad response to my post asking folks to remember the real meaning of Easter!

Lighten up!

I'm sure everyone remembers the real meaning of Easter but we are having fun talking about baskets and candy for the older kids.:rolleyes:

Now do you see the real meaning of this thread? The OP asked about an Easter basket for their child, they did not ask about Easter services. Maybe you could offer a helpful response about Easter services on a cruise ship instead of a judgement response because obviously you aren't reading your bible.

Wow! I post a question at lunch time and then go back to work. In the ensuing afternoon I find I've managed to launch a thread that both fun and controversial. Thank you each for your responses.

I appreciate the reminder to remember the real meaning of Easter in the context in which it was given. But you have to admit the peeps comment is priceless!

So I guess I have to give some thought in the next few days to packing something for an Easter surprise. I'm counting on all my roll call posters not to spill the beans when we meet for our unofficial M&M in the Solarium on Saturday!

LOL I must be a real sad mom:p DD (who's 23 and finishing her batchelors 3 hrs from home ) gave me her easter list a few weeks ago....reeses (any shape or type is fine;)) and Toy Story 1 & 2 on BluRay:) She'll be home for Easter so we'll have a nice breakfast together. OTOH, DS is a freshman in NC and it's a 6 hour drive home, so he's not coming home (cause he'd have to drive back before we even had dinner) so I made a nice deposit into his checking account so he can treat himself to easter goodies of his choice. I think the trip is a nice enough easter trip - but as you can see, we don't make a big fuss over this holiday - it ranks right up there with Valentines Day for us:p

When we were onboard for Easter, the Brillance and the Mariner, they provided baskets for all of the children onboard. They were in the beds when we returned from dinner the night before Easter. Also, there were chocolate bunnies on the table at dinner..........YUM! It was awesome since I had a teenager and hadn't brought anything along. You may want to call and ask if this is still the practice.

Now do you see the real meaning of this thread? The OP asked about an Easter basket for their child, they did not ask about Easter services. Maybe you could offer a helpful response about Easter services on a cruise ship instead of a judgement response because obviously you aren't reading your bible.

Whatever!

Just hope that the real message of Easter comes through.

Suggest you read John 20:1-18.

well, you better get some for after your cruise then. Nothing beats making microwave s'mores using peeps instead of marshmallows. I am bringing all the fixin's to my son so he can make them in the dorm with his friends.:d

love that idea.

Sorry, but not everybody happens to be Christian. And many that are have fun tradition for children when growing up that they want to continue in family, or do not discuss their religious leanings on message boards.

The message of the season for many people is rebirth and hope, and the bunny/chick/egg symbolizes that.

My "babies" are 24 and 21 and my daughter lives is San Francisco and actually will be on the Radiance for Easter. I sent her a Chops dinner for Easter and my son at college in Vermont a Easter basket. They are never too old in my eyes.

:DMy 20 yr old son who no longer lives at home called me this past week to ask if I was still going to make him a basket. :eek:He just wanted to let me know he was just dieing for some Reeses and if I wanted to I could throw a bunch of them in his basket...LOL! They are never too old !!

OK- I agree, Reeses for my son too at 18 years and college.

Not only hinted at basket- but to hide it and I've since he's been older have hidden quarter filled plastic eggs with clues list-like riddles- I hide them hard (inside)! He gets frustrated upon not finding all the eggs--nice, mom still can get to him and supply entertainment. For me seeing him act like a child is priceless.

[quote name='emeraldcity']I'm starting to have second thoughts about my decision to forget the Easter Basket this year. Our cruise starts this Saturday. If I don't stick the fixings for an Easter basket in my luggage, this will be the first year I haven't given one to my DD. She's 16 ... or at least, she WILL be by the time we sail.

What are the other Easter week cruisers doing[/quote]
If I recall don't they sell mini towel animals? (or is that just Carnival?)
If they do, and make towel animals that would be an extra special item.
I also like to bring some small extra gift bags- candy, gum for staff I find special-- hey they are away on holiday too.

Archived