Easter Basket? or just forget it this year?

I'm starting to have second thoughts about my decision to forget the Easter Basket this year. Our cruise starts this Saturday. If I don't stick the fixings for an Easter basket in my luggage, this will be the first year I haven't given one to my DD. She's 16 ... or at least, she WILL be by the time we sail.

What are the other Easter week cruisers doing

I get cruise stuff for the Easter Basket and use a pastel colored gift bag for DD's. Some ideas are an underwater camera, hair ties, sunglasses, a new bathing suit, hand sanitizer, lip sunscreen and of course a little candy. They always love it!

LOL my dd is also 16 and YES I still do this. However, no basket involved. I get a small gift bag and put in a few small candies, hair or makeup stuff and then a bit of cash. She is thrilled :D It will also give her some spending money for the cruise.

When my children were sixteen I use to get the plastic eggs and stuff them with bills of different denominations. They always preferred money at that age to candy, especially since they were driving and needed gas money.

I would definitely bring a gift bag for her. Just make sure you pack some tissue paper so you can make it up on the ship for her. I would bring her favorite candy and some cruise themed stuff like new flip flops, a cute top or something like that.

The Easter Bunny can just "visit" after she goes to sleep for the night. I know that this Easter Bunny is making a 6 hr ride to PA this weekend to deliver to my 19 yr old. I am also bringing something for his friend who is bummed he isn't going home for the weekend.:D

I'm starting to have second thoughts about my decision to forget the Easter Basket this year. Our cruise starts this Saturday. If I don't stick the fixings for an Easter basket in my luggage, this will be the first year I haven't given one to my DD. She's 16 ... or at least, she WILL be by the time we sail.

We sailed years ago when our DD was 15. We had an inside cabin across the hall for her and her BFF. I actually brought candy and gifts to make them both a basket. I found a cloth shaped bunny basket that came flat in a package. I packed those and all the candy and little matching gifts in my carry on. It was heavy lol. :D We had extra keys made for them to our cabin and for us to theirs. I waited until they went to bed and put the baskets on the night table that was between their beds. They were so shocked when they woke up and came running in our cabin. Even at that age they love it so I would definitely try and do something for your DD if you can. I remember the ship having an Easter Bunny (too old for them but was cute for the little ones) and displays all over the dining room with chocolate bunnies and eggs for all to take and enjoy!

Have a wonderful Easter sailing and wishing you wonderful weather as well!

I am bringing candy for my teens, but just not as much as usual. Last year I brought a basket for my youngest but the TSA searched my luggage on our return home and closed the suitcase without packing it properly, shattering the basket :( So I won't bring anything breakable this time.

At 16, she probably could do without....especially since packing the stuff is such a pain. It would be different if she still believed in the Easter Bunny! I'd talk to her, and see what she says! Perhaps a trinket onshore or from the gift shop would be better, anyway!

We sail on Sunday so I'm bringing Easter themed bags and I'll get some non-meltable candy to take with me. When we get to San Juan, I'll sneak away and get a couple of chocolate bunnies for the boys to eat Sunday morning for breakfast (I blame my mother in law for this tradition!;)). When we board the ship, I'd like to find a way to get into our cabin before the kids get there and set up the Easter bags so it looks like the Easter bunny dropped everything off in the room.

I know, really, I can't believe no one has mentioned Peeps yet!

Peeps would never make it to the ship and my kids would never see them either. I would eat them all and then get sick from all that sugar and we won't even mention what that would do to me in a swimsuit! :D:eek:

My mama still gives me an Easter treat and I'm almost 40, LOL! Of course, now we trade Easter goodies - usually some high quality chocolate and a sparkly bit of costume jewelry or some such. As Mom puts it, "No matter how old you get, you'll always be my little Tony." (If you remember the Frosted Flakes commercial, you'll get that)

The little traditions do matter to your kids. :)

Peeps would never make it to the ship and my kids would never see them either. I would eat them all and then get sick from all that sugar and we won't even mention what that would do to me in a swimsuit! :D:eek:

Well, you better get some for after your cruise then. Nothing beats making microwave s'mores using Peeps instead of marshmallows. I am bringing all the fixin's to my son so he can make them in the dorm with his friends.:D

We sail out on Monday, but will be staying 2 nights prior at hotel in Port Canaveral. I have put together a few things for "baskets" for my 15 & 17 year olds... I don't think they ever get too old! Instead of a basket, I picked up some mesh laundry bags (at the $ store) that they will be able use for their dirty clothes on the cruise. I bought them each a new beach towel, under-water disposable camera, chap stick w/sun screen, and some goodies. I will use some Easter ribbon to tie the bags.

Well, you better get some for after your cruise then. Nothing beats making microwave s'mores using Peeps instead of marshmallows. I am bringing all the fixin's to my son so he can make them in the dorm with his friends.:D

That's a new one on me! I've never heard/thought of making s'mores with Peeps. Then again, I'm not a s'mores type person - too many when I was a girl scout! :)

I would definitely bring a gift bag for her. Just make sure you pack some tissue paper so you can make it up on the ship for her. I would bring her favorite candy and some cruise themed stuff like new flip flops, a cute top or something like that.

The Easter Bunny can just "visit" after she goes to sleep for the night. I know that this Easter Bunny is making a 6 hr ride to PA this weekend to deliver to my 19 yr old. I am also bringing something for his friend who is bummed he isn't going home for the weekend.:D

:DMy 20 yr old son who no longer lives at home called me this past week to ask if I was still going to make him a basket. :eek:He just wanted to let me know he was just dieing for some Reeses and if I wanted to I could throw a bunch of them in his basket...LOL! They are never too old !!

Last year on our Independence TA, Easter was our embarkation day. We brought some plastic eggs and had a little egg hunt during our first get together.

I agree with those encouraging you to do the baskets. Get a cloth basket or bag, shouldn't be too difficult to pack with a few things to go in it. If she is like my DD [now 30], sure she can do without it, but traditions are important and she will love it.

I am not cruising, but taking a basket to my daughter at college, 3 hours away, she is 21. Do it, its tradition. :D

Archived