paying account with dollars

lauralou2

is it possible to pay our on board account with dollars instead of a credit card or even a bit of both thank you :):)

Not a problem,

I usually pay off my account on the last sea day so that very little is charged to my credit card.

Positive !!

I always pay cash; my normal M.O.is to deposit my budgetted amount to the account right at embarkation; keep track as I go along, top up if needed or cashout early morning of debarkation.

As we're Canadian, using a credit card immediately incurs a 2.75% charge that the card companies levy to handle '' exchange transactions''; paying cash avoids that charge.

Never had a problem in 15 cruises.

Cheers

is it possible to pay our on board account with dollars instead of a credit card or even a bit of both thank you :):)

We always use the credit card. That way you do not have to stand in a long line the last night to pay your bill. It's the easiest way to go. Just give them your card when you are checkin in

We always give a credit card at the beginning, but pay the bill off before the last day or even pay more than the bill then anything over just goes to the credit card. Works like a charm.

We always use the credit card. That way you do not have to stand in a long line the last night to pay your bill. It's the easiest way to go. Just give them your card when you are checkin in

There are ways of getting around that long line;)..many times I pay in cash and about 3/4 of the way into the cruise

I will go to Guest Relations and make a payment. No lines, no waiting:D

Then whatever is left on my credit card? That will get charged;)

Give them a credit card when you check in---it's faster, then, as the cruise progresses, you can put cash on your account....that's the easiest way!

Bingo.

As a non-US citizen and as Celebrity cannot be trusted to settle your account in the appropriate currency, this is the best methodology. No lines and no credit card hassles.

Archived