Where Would You Like Carnival to Sail?

spencercoop

LAKE MICHIGAN!!!!!! LOL! Seriously though, just build a smaller ship and give all of us midwesterners the chance to cruise without flying.:p It could be done, right?

Sure, for a few months in the summer! Winter might be another story.......

I wish they would add over-night stays at some of the existing ports. One of the main reasons I have started to look at non-cruise vacations, is I miss out on the evening and late night activities in port. Would be great to depart early the next day instead of 4 or 5 in the afternoon.

LAKE MICHIGAN!!!!!! LOL! Seriously though, just build a smaller ship and give all of us midwesterners the chance to cruise without flying.:p It could be done, right?

4 or 5 years ago Carnival looked into doing great lakes cruises over the summer. But even the Fantasy class ships are too large.

Philadelphia to the Caribbean. :)

This would be nice, but sorry to say, the cruise option out of Philly is all but dead at this point isn't it? Are there any ships from any line leaving from Philly this year?

What they really need to do is deepen the Delaware River to get larger ships in there and generate a buzz about this port and all its history. IMO the Greater Philadelphia Tourism Board is sadly and literally "missing the boat" on this one.:(

Yes, I am all for a Great Lakes cruise. I am aware that even Carnival's smaller ships are too big to go through the locks, but perhaps Carnival should look into either building a smaller ship, or purchasing a pre-owned (with low mileage) ship for this itinerary.

I too would like to experience driving to a cruise port instead of forking over the money to fly to a port. My last three cruises, the airfare cost more than our 7 day cruises cost. At least on a cruise ship they feed you all you can eat. On the more expensive airliner I feel guilty asking for that second bag of peanuts... that they will probably charge me for anyhow.

On another note...

I would like to see Carnival do more Southern Caribbean ports along the northern portion of South America.

Great topic. . . OK my 2cents - not all related to ports

1. Bahamas/Southern Caribbean from Tampa

2. Shorter durations on some of the larger ships - mentioned in another thread that Disney is considering this. . .

3. Someone already mentioned this and it is a wonderful idea - overnight stays in some of the ports - NIGHTLIFE!!!!!

I would like to see that one again on the Spirit out of San Diego.

We did that sailing as well and loved it......only once a year:(

I wish they would do 6 day Cabo and La Paz run instead of the 5 day Ensenada an Cabo runs in Oct on the Spirit.....

Great topic. . . OK my 2cents - not all related to ports

1. Bahamas/Southern Caribbean from Tampa

I think that would be a great idea for Tampa. They should at least do a 7 Day cruise to Key West, Nassau, and Freeport once a month like they are doing for the Conquest and the Triumph.

The same thing goes for the Splendor out of LA. It would be nice if they would do a few cruises to the Pacific Northwest over the summer. It goes to the same 3 ports every week of the year.

We did that sailing as well and loved it......only once a year:(

I wish they would do 6 day Cabo and La Paz run instead of the 5 day Ensenada an Cabo runs in Oct on the Spirit.....

I was considering going on the 7 day on the Spirit this April, but it didn't work out. The only cruise they have scheduled to go to the La Paz is an 8 Day on the Splendor over Christmas 2011, so it is pretty expensive.

Next year they are doing a five day to Cabo and Ensenada before they go to Hawaii, instead of the usual 7 day cruise to Mazatlan, Cabo, and La Paz. I wish they would do a few every so often on the Spirit.

this goes for ccl and all the lines that leave from east coast. we have been cruising from NY for 7 years or so and love not having to fly with a family of 4. just wish they would mix it up a bit. bermuda-beautiful-been there done that. eastern carib-been there done that a few times. don't want to go to canada at this point of our lives-cold enough in Pa. bahamas/florida-been there done that a few times-boring. I guess what I am trying to say is we could sail from NY, Philly, Baltimore easily within a 2 hour or less drive time. Never been on a bad cruise and have been on NCL, CCL, RCCL. PLEASE-just give us some NEW options from the norteast-would think it could be profitable being there is such a large population in the N.E. and the prices here already aren't the lowest around.:confused::rolleyes::D

Archived