Thanks Princess

Bizzie07

We have just returned from Sea Princess sailing the Caribbean. We were due to disembark Saturday 17th April from Barbados. Unfortunately (or fortunately) due to the Icelandic Volacano we were unable to get flights back to the UK. Our flights were booked through Princess who had chartered planes from the UK.

Princess treated us very well. They extended our cruise for 5 days at no cost to us until we could get flights from Aruba. Their organisation was excellent and I can't praise them enough.

Thanks Princess!

We have just returned from Sea Princess sailing the Caribbean. We were due to disembark Saturday 17th April from Barbados. Unfortunately (or fortunately) due to the Icelandic Volacano we were unable to get flights back to the UK. Our flights were booked through Princess who had chartered planes from the UK.

Princess treated us very well. They extended our cruise for 5 days at no cost to us until we could get flights from Aruba. Their organisation was excellent and I can't praise them enough.

Thanks Princess!

Always good to hear positive comments about Princess.....:):):)

Bob

Dang 5 free days on the ship....Princess probably figured not many would be making the next sailing because of the volcano and the sailings out of Barbados mostly Europeans and they would make more money giving you 5 free days than the ship sitting empty

That's great to hear. Seems like there are alot of current threads complaining about every possible thing on Princess. It's nice that there are those that also take time to post positive things.

Hope you had a great time on the Sea Princess. My mom and I cruised on her when she was brand new back in the 90's - Western Caribbean and it was one of my all time favorite cruises.

Thank you for coming on and starting such a nice thread :)

We have never had any issues with Princess and some of the threads I read on here, I just shake my head at.....:(

Nice way to way to end your cruise :)

Thats wonderful to hear. Over here on the news stations they are saying that Princess abandoned passengers in Bangkok and refused to help them with accommodation and new flights. You may have heard that the situation in Bangkok is dire at the moment with violence etc and there are many people still out there waiting for flights to materialise. I wonder if the news stations have given out the correct information, seems strange that Princess should be so good in USA and so dreadful out there. Over here in the UK Celebrity is the 'hero' as they sent out the Eclipse to collect stranded passengers from Spain. They had the most wonderful publicity from it.

Great improvement from the Chile earthquake situation. Then the passengers that had to stay on until another port were charged for each day they remained on board.

From post #422 at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1152419&page=11

Q&A WITH PRINCESS

CC: How many passengers were booked on the cruise ending March 2? How many were booked on the cruise beginning March 2? How many of those on the cruise that's ended have opted to stay onboard for the extra nights (at $50 - $75 a night)? How can the line reconcile charging passengers to stay in cabins that are supposed to be occupied by already paying guests?

Cruise Critic Note: Members are saying that the line is earning double in some sense from these cabins ... or are there enough empty cabins -- which wouldn't have been occupied anyway -- to accommodate everyone who wants to stay onboard?

Princess: We're trying to balance the needs of our passengers who need accommodation and those passengers sailing on the cruise they purchased. We felt to be fair to the passengers who paid for their cruise, we should charge the stay-on passengers a reasonable rate in recognition of the services we're providing, however we're doing at a discount in recognition of the unique circumstances and choices they were facing.

The last cruise was full, and the cruise departing Thursday was fully booked, as well. A total of 438 have indicated to us they would like to sail on a portion of the next cruise. We're charging a daily rate because we're providing services to the passengers on board. The discounted rate we're charging is far less than the expenses they would incur if they were in a shoreside hotel.

I was one of a large number of passengers that were left in Bangkok by Princess and the situation in Bangkok is not great with the violence. There are still members of our group out there and the news stories are correct. I will be posting a seperate trail on here documenting the problems that we have had. I suspect that I will not be the only one as there were over 100 passengers who grouped together so that our voice could be heard.

Archived