lost

peg bundy

well not long for the 5th june grand prinness med cruise wish it was here think i will start to pack lol , was just wanting to no when you first board ship is it easy to find your room or do you just explore to find it, and the rest of the places :)

Hi,

Staff will direct you to a lift when youbaord and there will be someone on your floor who will point you in the right direction for your cabin.

Remember to look at the colour of the carpet in the hallway outside your cabin, as one side is blue and the other red. When you get out of the lift or the stairs, its easy to find which side of the ship you need to go along to find your cabin for the rest of the cruise.

The only problem I have is knowing which way the ship is facing!

Have a great cruise - I'm sure you will.

I love the little pocket map Princess gives you with the key. Helps when exloring the ship. So far on all our cruises Princess directs you straight to your room. Nice for unloading any bags etc before you go out to explore or eat.

And on each deck with cabins on it, there's a diagram by each bank of elevators. These will hope you navigate the ship, besides those little maps that you can find in your cabin or at the passenger services desk. As stated, one side of the ship will have the even numbered cabins and the other the odd numbered. And when you get off an elevator, just look at the wall and see what numbers are listed with an arrow.

I pretty much have the ship memorized before we get on after drooling over the deck plans for months!

Me, too! I keep the brochure on the coffee table and while I'm watching television will pick it up and study the plans during commercial breaks -- I like to plan my route from cabin to pre-dinner martini to dinner or cabin to buffet to pool . . .

Unlike some other cruiselines, you can go directly to your cabin once boarding begins. When you check in, you'll be given a little map of the ship and once you walk onboard the ship, there will be people directing you where to go.

It's not that difficult to find your cabin: the even number cabins are on one side of the ship; odd number cabins are on the other side. The elevators have not only the deck # but the name of the deck so if you are on, for instance, Caribe deck, you'll be able to find it. Once you get off the elevator, look for the signs with either the even or odd #s. There'll be signs showing which way to go to cabins with a lower or higher number.

Come on, you mean you haven't memorized your brochure yet? By the time I board a

ship I could find my way around blindfolded. Except, that is, when I take a different lift,

and take a step in the wrong direction before I realize it.

i would have read the brochure but never had one got showed it when booked they never had one in stock to take so most of what i no is from here and the prinness web site but i think you learn more from here

Hi,

Staff will direct you to a lift when youbaord and there will be someone on your floor who will point you in the right direction for your cabin.

Remember to look at the colour of the carpet in the hallway outside your cabin, as one side is blue and the other red. When you get out of the lift or the stairs, its easy to find which side of the ship you need to go along to find your cabin for the rest of the cruise.

The only problem I have is knowing which way the ship is facing!

Have a great cruise - I'm sure you will.

of all the cruises i have been on,i wish i had known that one!!!:)

This your first cruise?

On paper it looks confusiong even studing the deck plans. I think the first trip or two you'll be confused, but as others said lots of helpful staff during boarding. If it makes you feel bettter after one day on the ship all my kids and even my parents felt as comfortable wadering as around their house.

IMHO the larger maze is what you'll be doing in port!

Happy planning and packing!

well not long for the 5th june grand prinness med cruise wish it was here think i will start to pack lol , was just wanting to no when you first board ship is it easy to find your room or do you just explore to find it, and the rest of the places :)

Just as important as the map, I think, and something they don't hand to you or point out to you is the schedule of opening times for all dining (on one side of a 4x6" or so paper) and bar times (on the other). This can be found in a blue binder in your cabin (usually on the vanity), generally in a pocket at the front or back.

This was the single most confusing thing to me on our first Princess cruise, and we probably had at least 10 cruises by that time. The other 3 cruise lines we were on listed opening times each day in the activity guide, because they changed based on the times in port. Princess doesn't change their times...they just have one time for port days and one time for sea days (sometimes the same time).

We didn't know to look for this piece of paper, and were quite lost our first Princess cruise because of it. Now we actually get a second one from the Passenger Services desk, and tape them to our mirror with both sides showing. And we refer to them countless times throughout our cruise.

i would have read the brochure but never had one got showed it when booked they never had one in stock to take so most of what i no is from here and the prinness web site but i think you learn more from here

if you call princess, they will have a brochure out to you in a week. I know it's late,

but the brochure will answer questions you didn't know you had. I love reading it, there's

something about holding the book in your hand that's satisfying.

I agree with you.......I have learned so much over the years on these boards and met

some amazing people.

Archived