GTY Booking Story

1cruiselvr

This story is for everyone that loves to try and figure out what factors Princess uses to assign upgrades and cabins from GTY bookings (which includes me).

My girlfriend and her husband decided to sail on the Emerald Princess. She booked directly thru Princess. Some time later, she told me about it and I decided to book the same cruise, but I used an online TA. We both booked an AC GTY.

Last Thurs she got her cabin assignment, today I got mine. We were both assigned an AA and here's the kicker.....only 3 cabins apart from each other!!! And for those that are thinking this....no we didn't link our bookings, the cruiseline has no idea we know each other.

So......this example seems to show that the factors most like to think make a difference - when you book, how much you pay or how many times you've sailed with Princess, don't seem to matter in the upgrade formula because

1. we booked at different times

2. we booked different ways

3. we paid different amounts

4. I've sailed more times with Princess

YET WE GOT THE SAME UPGRADE - AC to AA and only 3 cabins apart. Thought you'd all enjoy this story. Happy Sailing all!

So with all those dis-similarities, did you both due the Upgrade Dance, clicking heels together, singing "whoa whoa whoa Whoa!, I love her so!", then skipping 5 times to the left and 3 to the right, 2 forward, once backward, clap once, rotate 90 degrees counterclockwise, and repeat? ;)

Yes, I know it sounds silly, and it really didn't work, but it seems as effective as just wishing ... :rolleyes:

Possibly the upgrade fairy is a psychic using "remote viewing" to realize that you would be happier if you were close together. The vibes you two sent out must be on the same wave length and strong. Have you ever visited the magnetic vortexes in Sedona?

Archived