What kind of sweater/sweatshirt/something to use?

Set Free

We'll be on the Veendam in June to Bermuda and I'm hearing the ship is pretty chilly inside so I'm trying to figure out what would work well to put over my casual clothes during the day if we're eating or whatever. I don't think a jacket would be good since it's indoors and my hoodie sweatshirt (zippered) might be too casual. I have a white cardigan but that's more for over my dresses so I'm trying to figure out what to get. What have you all brought? I still have 4 weeks to shop (although I want to have everything set the week before so I don't have to rush to get anything else). Any thoughts?

During the day things are pretty casual, so a jacket or hoodie would be ok; not what I'd wear, but ok. Thou I get cold rather easily too, I have never been really chilly during the day; sometimes at dinner, when wearing strapless or something similar.

I generally take a cardigan along and put in the small tote type bag I take to the pool for holding sunscreen, book, etc. That way if I go into the buffet or some other inside venue and I'm cold, I just pull it out.

I have a very nice, very thin wool sweater that I've been using for years. It's so soft, not scratchy at all. It's a cardigan, and falls over my hips. It's a rather beigy gray color, and seems to go with everything. I got it at Nordstrom in Chicago. It folds up very small, and I take it everywhere.

I've never been cold enough inside the ship to warrant a sweatshirt! And, I chill easily! I used to bring a wrap for formal nights over the sleeveless gowns, but not anymore....they were never used and a pain to carry around!

I have a jacket that is cut like a traditional jean jacket, but is made of white linen. Works in all kinds of situations, except very dressy.

I would think that any type of white linen jacket would work nicely.

Sounds cute:)

I have more cardigan style sweaters in my closest than I can count:eek:

different weights and colors so I find one that is more casual and

bring it for the daytime just in case I need it.

I also have a few hoodie type jackets....soft cotton. Depending on

the itinerary one of those might go with me too;)

Oh, I am going to Bermuda this Sunday too:D

I have more cardigan style sweaters in my closest than I can count:eek:

different weights and colors so I find one that is more casual and

bring it for the daytime just in case I need it.

I also have a few hoodie type jackets....soft cotton. Depending on

the itinerary one of those might go with me too;)

Oh, I am going to Bermuda this Sunday too:D

I have a cardigan addition as well...and have found the ones with no buttons can really dress something up or down based on what is under it:)

I wear them with everything from dresses and skirts to jeans and even shorts. I think last count of my clothes on the guest bed pending packing is 7 cardigans for a 10 day vacation!

another great option is the track jacket type tops. They zipper like a hoodie with out the actual hood. So they are a little less cumbersome and not as super casual.

Good luck!

I use a big cashmere wrap, it's lightweight enough to not be too warm, & works if it's windy on deck & I don't want crazy hair (which I tend to get) since it's natural fiber, it breaths & never make you sweat, use it on the airplane as a blankie too.

Archived