Bermuda private guide

fancycroozer

Am I the only one confused about the pricing? Someone said that its government regulated at $40 an hour. Yet another person mentioned that Colin Jennings(?) took them on a tour for $10 an hour.

Can anyone clarify this for me? Thank you in advance!

- Sharon -

I think hiring a taxi for a tour of Bermuda is a great way to see the island. I think hiring a taxi for a tour of Bermuda which includes stops at the beautiful island beaches for photo ops is a great way to see the island. I don't think hiring a taxi for a tour of Bermuda which includes stops at the beautiful island beaches for swimming is a great way to see the island.

Suggestion: do a taxi tour first and then take the bus to the beach where the only cost is bus fare.

In re to the post by CC member bythehex. Maybe that $10.00 referred to $10.00 per person per hour which for 4 people equals $40.00 per hour. Just a guess, and sometimes I guess wrong..

SBtS

I think hiring a taxi for a tour of Bermuda is a great way to see the island. I think hiring a taxi for a tour of Bermuda which includes stops at the beautiful island beaches for photo ops is a great way to see the island. I don't think hiring a taxi for a tour of Bermuda which includes stops at the beautiful island beaches for swimming is a great way to see the island.

Suggestion: do a taxi tour first and then take the bus to the beach where the only cost is bus fare.

In re to the post by CC member bythehex. Maybe that $10.00 referred to $10.00 per person per hour which for 4 people equals $40.00 per hour. Just a guess, and sometimes I guess wrong..

SBtS

I think you are right in your guess. We are booked with Colin Jennings for this coming June and he quoted me $40 per hour. Which comes to $20 per person since it's just my DH and myself.

both Duke and Colin have responded :confused:

majority will rule...

also, has anyone ever used Jesse James Snorkeling?

Thanks

Nina

I was just reading in another forum about Jesse snorkeling...

I'm looking into Snorkel Park which as mixed reviews..

I heard Horseshoe is nice but a far hop skip and jump...

We are newbies to Bermuda and would like to take advantage of the 3 days at port we have by doing the best of the best ;)

Good luck!

:D

I was just reading in another forum about Jesse snorkeling...

I'm looking into Snorkel Park which as mixed reviews..

I heard Horseshoe is nice but a far hop skip and jump...

We are newbies to Bermuda and would like to take advantage of the 3 days at port we have by doing the best of the best ;)

Good luck!

:D

Horseshoe Bay isn't far...and there are even some direct express buses from the Dockyard, or you can take a local bus or a taxi if you prefer. It's the classic Bermuda beach and probably a "must do" for a first time visitor. Snorkel Park is a man made beach...nothing necessarily wrong with it, but not really a Bermuda experience.

Horseshoe Bay isn't far...and there are even some direct express buses from the Dockyard, or you can take a local bus or a taxi if you prefer. It's the classic Bermuda beach and probably a "must do" for a first time visitor. Snorkel Park is a man made beach...nothing necessarily wrong with it, but not really a Bermuda experience.

Totally agree.

You can always check out Snorkel Park on your last day which will keep you close to the ship for departure.

Just heard back and booked with Colin Jennings for June 22nd.

Laszlo: Glad you got your tour booked. He e-mailed me to let me know he was available. I've responded 3 times but still haven't received a verification that he got my reply. Did it take a long time for you to hear back from him once he made contact with you? Thanks for any input---hope you enjoy your tour! :)

We have a booking with Jessie James, but won't have any feedback until late July.

As far as snorkeling goes, take an excursion that will get you out to the reefs and wreaks . . . much superior to any beach snorkeling.

Laszlo: Glad you got your tour booked. He e-mailed me to let me know he was available. I've responded 3 times but still haven't received a verification that he got my reply. Did it take a long time for you to hear back from him once he made contact with you? Thanks for any input---hope you enjoy your tour! :)

Hi Susan

I was on the computer Sunday morning when I heard from Colin. I wrote back within a few minutes to confirm. Once or twice more I think in the next half hour just to check on where he would meet us, time etc... He'll be at the dock at 9:30am with a sign with our names on it. He also recommended 4-5 hours since this was our 1st time in Bermuda. Duke responded about 12 hours later

Edited by Laszlo

We have a booking with Jessie James, but won't have any feedback until late July.

As far as snorkeling goes, take an excursion that will get you out to the reefs and wreaks . . . much superior to any beach snorkeling.

You wont be dissapointed. JJ is a great trip.

Let's say a wanna book a taxi tour from the dockyard and I would like to be drop off at Tobacco bay all the way at the opposite end of the island, is a 4 hours tour too long ? to short ?

First trip to Bermuda and I do wanna see most in so little time

Thanks

Edited by sebas030

Oh and how early can you take one of those private tour from the dockyard.

Thank you all again !

We are taking ours on the day we arrive (8am) Colin said he would meet us at 9:30 which should give us plenty of time to get off the ship. I've read were others have taken the tour on their second day in port and were picked up at 8:00am

• 2 weeks later...

We are hoping to have Collin Jennings for our second day on the island. I emailed him last Sunday and still no reply, Will wait for one more week, then send one more email and if no answer, will try someone else. We are not going until the end of October but I like to make plans way in advance. Figure get him at about 8AM for 4 hours and have us back to ship before it sails at 1PM.

We are arriving King's Wharf on a Sunday at 11am and I have to assume most places will be closed. What to do? I was thinking of going right over to Horseshoe but assume it would be very crowded? Should I consider that for the next day, EARLY. I am thinking of booking Colin for the morning the day we leave, which is 5:30. Do the buses run on Sunday an does anyone know the approx cost by taxi to Horseshoe? Thoughts? Thanks ahead. :)

Edited by janetz

With a cruise ship at the Dockyard, everything there s/b open.

Horseshoe Bay is large and your visit is in September, crowding should not be a problem. Here is a YouTube video of HSB:

Buses do run on Sunday but at a reduced schedule.

The approx cost for a taxi ride from the Dockyard to HSB is $30.00-$35.00 for 1 to 4 passengers plus tip plus 25% surcharge on Sunday.

SBtS