Bon Voyage World Cruisers 2010 ( thats better )

Gaznjo

The Mexican Riviera is such a great place to visit on a cruise. Going a shore is fun, cheap and quite stunning.

I must say it intrigues me to read the blogs of those on board. Their various comments and points of view on their ports of call are so different.

What is dull and boring to one, is the best thing since sliced bread for another....:rolleyes:

It proves, don't just go on others opinions.... go and see for yourself....;)

Jillybean:)

Thanks to everyone for the work in finding all the port cams, taking all the pics etc, they are really terrific, have been so engrossed in this thread nearly forgot I am off on a cruise this weekend, so will miss the rest of Dawn's WC, so keep up the good work and I will spend a great deal of time catching up when I get back.

Just been reading one of the blogs, the original Captain, Todd McBain got back onboard at Acapulco, which the passengers are very happy about. Princess must be wanting to make a lasting impression on the world cruisers!

And also things are tense in the laundry, with stories of 4 people getting put off due to laundry rage and 8 deaths onboard. Very interesting.

Thanks to everyone for the work in finding all the port cams, taking all the pics etc, they are really terrific, have been so engrossed in this thread nearly forgot I am off on a cruise this weekend, so will miss the rest of Dawn's WC, so keep up the good work and I will spend a great deal of time catching up when I get back.

Enjoy your cruise, Witchymob!

Quote of the day: “My cabin got flooded in the middle of the night. They’ve had blowers going for hours. I ended up sleeping with my head under the pillow to block out the noise.”

Bonus quote: “I thought we were sinking, and the water was already up to the 10th floor.”

The occupants of 22 cabins awoke during the night to find water in their cabins. Apparently there had been a burst water main, and the water flowed down the corridor and into the cabins. So most had to evacuate and spend the rest of the night and through the day roaming the lounges and eateries.

From: http://1worldcruise.blogspot.com/2010/08/day-80-extraordinary-sea-day.html

As I type this blog, I can see a ship passing by my balcony! Yes MY BALCONY and NO you are not misreading it. Let me explain...we went to bed at midnight and around 1.45 a.m. I awoke to the sound of voices and a squelching sound from the corridor. I thought I had better have a look and as I put my foot on the carpet, squelch that feels wet. My first reaction was sh....t we are sinking and we are in trouble as its reached Deck 10. I woke George to say my last goodbye, and he assured me all as ok. Anyway the culprit was a burst water pipe. Our cabin and 20 others were flooded. So for 12 hours or so we walked around like zombies, not knowing where to get a kip and Princess not offering anything really. Finally we stood at the Front Desk and refused to move until they gave us a bed to sleep in or we threatened to bring our mattress and pillows down to the reception. Hence we were given this lovely balcony, (and as we now have new carpet with a lovely bostik glue smell which we refuse to sleep in,) for the night. We crashed out for 3 hours and feel slightly better but still grumpy. I think Dawn Princess needs a holiday, big time. George said it could be worse and be sewage. Yuck.

So today we have not done much apart from having 3 breakfasts between the hours of 6 a.m. till 11.30, and drinking coffee to help us stay awake.

Poor people on the Dawn Princess!

thanks for those pictures helen.... i watched but couldn't post any.... we are now staying with family and i have access to real wireless .... phew

hi Jo, the problems they have had with this cruise and lets hope they get it right for your one next year

bob

Fabulous photos Essiesmom .

Many thanks CJ.....

for finding them and posting.....

they are really appreciated......

not only by those of us down here following Dawns progress on the internet,

but will be treasured by those on board ,

once they return home and catch up with this thread.

Archived