Bon Voyage World Cruisers 2010 ( thats better )

Gaznjo

Of the several Blogs I read daily, 'Phillip's round the world in 80 days' was the best by far, although they were all great. His quotes of the day were gold. Yes we all certainly had our cruise fix over the past 3 months.

Packetau your turn next old son !

PS I won't be blogging on my 45 days next year South America and Carib, but will probably post a few times on CC, well on Star Princess anyway, burn some Elite complimentary internet time. Note ! I did not say 'free', nothing is free on a cruiseship you have paid for it in your ticket or many tickets in my case.

Of the several Blogs I read daily, 'Phillip's round the world in 80 days' was the best by far, although they were all great. His quotes of the day were gold. Yes we all certainly had our cruise fix over the past 3 months.

Packetau your turn next old son !

les

Garry has also said on several occasions that he found the Phillips is his favourite..... yes garry loves the quote of the day.... to the fact that when he comes home each night I say.... did you read today's quote!! :D

He wants to adopt that for our blog... even suggesting that we take a book of quotes with us incase we don't hear any LOL....

We both looked for different things in the blogs .... garry likes them easy and entertaining reading ... where I am scouring them looking for clues and hints on what we are going to do when we go to each port.... that is why I loved the scope and the variety that reading so many had.... I really missed Gails blog when they finished in Southampton..... it was good to be able to compare those who did ships tours all the time and those who did their own thing and looked for the one that got me most excited!!

I have made a lame start on our blog mainly to practice to get things uploaded and formated fast...... ( click on follow me below )

but alas we have to "literally" pay for our internet time as we don't hit platinum till Dover... we will only be 3 days short on Dubai... Hook or by crook i can't seem to convince garry that we should do a short cruise between now and then.....

We will also be 23 days short of elite by the time we finish!!.... they should let you earn extra points for good behaviour and no complaining...LOL...

les

Garry has also said on several occasions that he found the Phillips is his favourite..... yes garry loves the quote of the day.... to the fact that when he comes home each night I say.... did you read today's quote!! :D

He wants to adopt that for our blog... even suggesting that we take a book of quotes with us incase we don't hear any LOL....

We both looked for different things in the blogs .... garry likes them easy and entertaining reading ... where I am scouring them looking for clues and hints on what we are going to do when we go to each port.... that is why I loved the scope and the variety that reading so many had.... I really missed Gails blog when they finished in Southampton..... it was good to be able to compare those who did ships tours all the time and those who did their own thing and looked for the one that got me most excited!!

I have made a lame start on our blog mainly to practice to get things uploaded and formated fast...... ( click on follow me below )

but alas we have to "literally" pay for our internet time as we don't hit platinum till Dover... we will only be 3 days short on Dubai... Hook or by crook i can't seem to convince garry that we should do a short cruise between now and then.....

We will also be 23 days short of elite by the time we finish!!.... they should let you earn extra points for good behaviour and no complaining...LOL...

Just been having a look at your blog, looks good. Are you going to go and met the World Cruisers when they arrive into Sydney?

You guys are very lucky to be doing the cruise next year. And also lucky that you can take as much luggage as you want and buy as much as you want, as you live in Sydney and don't have to worry about excess luggage. Maybe you need to pack extra bags for all your shopping. I have been reading some blogs about how they working out how they are going to deal with the excess luggage.

I think the "post cruise blues" are going to be horrendous...I spent 80 days at sea in one twelve month period (not all on the same ship) and I was so down nothing cheered me up again until I had another booked.

These guys are going to need therapy. I have enjoyed following their travels immensely with a great deal of envy...maybe one day..hope so.

Does DP arrive Friday 3rd or today ? Bloke I know on board had had enough by the time he reached Southampton, but then was only halfway.

Interesting to note one blogger, Healey I think it was rated Horizon Court Buffet

poorly, called it the horror zone, munus 1 star, seems to be harsh, never seen a ships buffet that bad. I think over so long a time, the food got a little boring. I hope someone does a proper review for us to read.

I could do the half cruise, Sydney to Southampton, but not the full one. Looking to do Aurora or Arcadia, Sydney to Southampton in Feb or March 2012.

The Horror zone was the nick name it got on last years world cruise....and I guess what they are saying is that the quality has dropped over the last few days.... if you read back you will notice that they wrote they noticed a change for the better on teh boat whilst they were closer to american waters ( as the princess officials that bordered in new york or was it LA ) and now they seem to slipping again

they arrive tomorrow... port schedule has them for 7.30 at this stage...

Home tomorrow....

What a great time they will have all had ,

and what a great time we have all had in following this cruise

from the comfort of our screens.

Many thanks to all who have posted ,

over 1,300 posts and nearly 25,000 views.

Heres a list of everyone who has posted.....

User Name Posts

packetau 374

Kiwi Kruzer 231

Kiwi_cruiser 200

Gold Coast Cruisers 83

Australian family 69

MMDown Under 63

purpledragon 54

thied 42

bazzaw 41

NSWP 40

Sandielle 28

Billy and Charlie's Mum 14

CassCruise 14

Exodus 10

cazz0069 10

PRINCESS OZ 9

rugbypopsie 7

rkmw 7

Essiesmom 7

Raison 7

Aussiemin 6

AdelaideCruisers 6

holidaymaker 6

Witchymob 5

badgerbill 5

Bella cruiser 4

MargnGrah 4

TEALBIRDS 4

Remroda 3

Pinkbutterflygirl 3

Mothballs 3

Ads52 3

kenexx 3

Big Kev 2

Oxenford 2

isajack 2

Kinkacruiser 2

Grey Nomad 1

Neil R. 1

A&M 1

Whoey 1

lizzy77 1

bonniesmum 1

joll 1

NanaHope 1

Annatoo 1

margrey 1

Aus Traveller 1

Ausjackaroo 1

Seadreams27 1

...or do the port lectures:)

Now theres an idea for you.

Get paid for cruising rather pay to cruise:D

yes yes !!! that would be good... and as a bonus I can teach them how to make a quilt!! you should see my plans for my Round the World quilt I will make while I am away LOL......:eek:

Does DP arrive Friday 3rd or today ? Bloke I know on board had had enough by the time he reached Southampton, but then was only halfway.

Interesting to note one blogger, Healey I think it was rated Horizon Court Buffet

poorly, called it the horror zone, munus 1 star, seems to be harsh, never seen a ships buffet that bad. I think over so long a time, the food got a little boring. I hope someone does a proper review for us to read.

How do they get away with having such a bad buffet, does Princess not care?

And now the end is near.....it has been fun on this virtual cruise, thanks heaps to all who posted and kept us up to date with the cruise and its whereabouts.

Really looking forward to following next years as well...already a follower on Joanne's blog!!

One day I'll be able to return the favour! Dream dream.

Les

"I think over so long a time, the food got a little boring."

I think you have hit the nail on the head here. I have experienced this sort of thing before. Even if you have complete "a la carte" choice, this phenomenon still happens. And yet it is strange. When I am at home, I have the same breakfast EVERY day -- Weetbix!! :p I like Weetbix- I enjoy my Weetbix. But when I go on a ship, at first I just love to try all the different cereals, and love the cooked breakfasts. But over a period of time, something seems to happen - and I start to get a bit jaded with it all. Can't really explain it. We also have pay TV here (Austar) -- ALL the channels - about 99 of them!! :p We have had it for about 8 years now - do you think I can find a single thing that I want to watch????

What is it that they say about too much of a good thing?? :rolleyes:

Barry

Archived