Bon Voyage World Cruisers 2010 ( thats better )

Gaznjo

What are we going to do now that DP is back in town. No more blogs and webcams to follow....I'm going to miss my 'virtual' world cruise..

Our friends have managed to pick up a deal to stay on board for another two nights and disembark in Brisbane....perfect as they have alot of extra kilos of 'stuff' they've bought along the way.:)

Now we will countdown with you Joanne to the 2011 WC.;)

Jillybean:)

She's now picked up speed and is heading towards the heads.

It was weird looking at the ship knowing she has travelled all that way and now it's over for those who went the whole way. I suppose some are sad and some are relieved to be back.

And I believe some of the crew would be happy to wave goodbye to a few 'moaning millies' and 'winging willies' they've had to listen to for 104 days....lol:rolleyes:.

And I believe some of the crew would be happy to wave goodbye to a few 'moaning millies' and 'winging willies' they've had to listen to for 104 days....lol:rolleyes:.

Wave goodbye to them, and then welcome the next bunch.

It would be hard for the crew to put up with some people for that length of time. Maybe they have countdown clocks to!!!

now here is a question..... Next year we have no automatic tipping.... which basically means the tips have now been built into our fares....

Normally at the end of a cruise I always give a tip to my room steward and wait staff...

on 104 days would you wait to the very end or give them something at the end of each sector...

would you wait to the very end or give them something at the end of each sector...

With P&O UK - they also do not automatically take tips out and past passengers have said that you get your onboard account at the end of each sector - and this is the time you should also tip.

BUT - I still haven't really been able to work out just what is a "sector" . P&O's World cruise has about 22 possible "sectors" - some of which overlap other sectors.

Barry

Crikey BAZZAW, 22 sectors, that is a lot of tips, I suppose staff would change sometimes on the world cruises, hence P&O UK suggest tipping on each sector.

I wonder how the cash tipping went on the Dawn Princess, with 90% Aussies on board. I reserve my comment. As has been said the auto tip is built into the cruise price, but as we all know, the cabin and dining room staff always like/expect a little more in the hand.

Crikey BAZZAW, 22 sectors, that is a lot of tips, I suppose staff would change sometimes on the world cruises, hence P&O UK suggest tipping on each sector.

Thats one thing we noticed when we did sectors. At almost every port there would a group of staff leaving and another waiting to board. In the old days, P&O used to to let them work on for as long as liked before taking a break, but some would would end up working say 2 years and having 1 year off, ( or whatever) . Now , whenever their 6/9 month contract is up they are flown home, no matter where in the world they be.

Also at the end of some sectors , the staff can get moved around to a different section.

I just want to say thanks to you (both virtual and real cruisers)all for giving me the chance to come along for the ride. I have always followed the the ship I will next travel on via the web cams, but this trip has been a blast coz I have manage to contribute this time. I am waiting not so patiently for my 216 days to pass then at least after that I will have Joanne to follow so the post blues will be less.;)

( It is teeming here in Adelaide I can hardly hear myself think while typing it is so loud on the roof, hope the gutters hold out.)

Welcome Home World Cruisers :D

ShowImage.aspx?i=102847

Hope everyone one board had a good / great time!

And I hope everyone enjoyed this virtual cruise (Hope I did not post too many web cam images!), and only 8 months or 263 days till this get done all over again for packetau :) :p

Next years World Cruise should be interesting as I could be missing out on a Month of it, if we do our Tahitian treasures Cruise in July 2011.

Gold Coast Cruisers, you are right what are we going to do now that this World Cruise is over?!, at lest for me I have a cruise to look forward to next month, and all the cruise ships going around NZ!!

And Thank You to packetau, Kiwi Kruzer, purpledragon and everyone else who posted web cam images throughout this trip!!

who was the Cruise Director for this years cruise?

at the beginnng they mentioned it was Warren Smith.... I really liked him when he was on our Xmas Cruise on the Sun Princess....

he is english and has a great sense of humor... on our xmas cruise we had a crew show and a pantomine which is more than we had on the previous cruise...

joanne

Wave goodbye to them, and then welcome the next bunch.

It would be hard for the crew to put up with some people for that length of time. Maybe they have countdown clocks to!!!

Yes I could imagine some of the crew could write a book about their experiences with some of the passengers they have had to deal with.

I see I made a spelling mistake it should read 'whinging willies'....:o

Although I wont be taking a Princess World cruise, I do enjoy reading all about "any" World cruises......all info and hints are relevant whatever cruiseline you choose.

Just a thought concerning the tipping packetau mentioned...if your tips are already included (as they are on Seabourn which is our cruiseline of choice) and you wish to do something extra for your cabin steward etc.....one thing a lot of Seabournites do, is, when in a Port....maybe give your steward a few extra dollars so he/she and a friend can go and have lunch or a couple of drinks....(thats if they have any time off of course)....that way even when the crew change, you can give an extra treat to each one.....I know they dont have much room in their accommodations so buying them gifts is not a real good idea......buying them phone cards is another thing they can use.....

yes yes !!! that would be good... and as a bonus I can teach them how to make a quilt!! you should see my plans for my Round the World quilt I will make while I am away LOL......:eek:

I gather you are leaving from and returning to Sydney? You lucky lucky woman....just imagine the fabrics you will be able to buy on a World Cruise!! I am so envious...... My very first cruise was 55 day...Cairns to Rome...through Asia and the Middle East as well as parts of Europe.....I gathered fabrics in every Port...all to make a "memory quilt"......problem was we had to fly back to Oz from Europe........Qantas wanted to charge me $1000 excess......most of that was because of fabric!! Hubby was about to throw out all his clothes as I wasnt parting with one metre of fabric......they gave in, in the end and I got it all home...guess what?? The memory quilt has hardly seen the light of day after 4 years!!! (I am doing dresden fans out of all the fabrics......one day it will be finished....) the fabrics from Asia and India are beautiful....some not easy to sew with....but still beautiful.....bought saris, shawls, even a red and white "tea towell" head gear from Oman.....think I might head off to my sewing room now.......;)

I gather you are leaving from and returning to Sydney? You lucky lucky woman....just imagine the fabrics you will be able to buy on a World Cruise!! I am so envious...... My very first cruise was 55 day...Cairns to Rome...through Asia and the Middle East as well as parts of Europe.....I gathered fabrics in every Port...all to make a "memory quilt"......problem was we had to fly back to Oz from Europe........Qantas wanted to charge me $1000 excess......most of that was because of fabric!! Hubby was about to throw out all his clothes as I wasnt parting with one metre of fabric......they gave in, in the end and I got it all home...guess what?? The memory quilt has hardly seen the light of day after 4 years!!! (I am doing dresden fans out of all the fabrics......one day it will be finished....) the fabrics from Asia and India are beautiful....some not easy to sew with....but still beautiful.....bought saris, shawls, even a red and white "tea towell" head gear from Oman.....think I might head off to my sewing room now.......;)

and when you finish it you can send it to me to quilt for you !!

think I might have to quilt it "on the cheap"...as in doing it myself....badly....how else would I afford another cruise!!..

I could make it beautiful and help pay for my cruise .... big LOL.... that is my job when garry retires... I pay for the cruises LOL....

Well i miss the world cruise already,what are we to do now lol

Packatau i have a long wait for yours to come around.

I want to say a really big thank you to all on this post this year for posting absolutly lovely pictures of the ship at different ports and you did some hard work keeping up with all ports

We on here loved it and appreciated you doing it for us.

As to the many that was blogging from the cruise Thank you ,you all made very interesting reading for us back home and also the pictures of different subjects i learnt a lot and helped me make decisions on what i would like to see.

Welcome home and hope its not too painful settling in:) Aussiemin

Picked our friends up from the airport. Drove them back to their place, chatted and chatted and they showed us all the 'treasures' they have purchased over the past 104 days. Had a couple of welcome home drinks and before we new it, it was 1.00am.....

What a memorable trip they've enjoyed, it's been wonderful to listen to all the exciting ventures they've had.

Nice touch by Princess giving the World Cruise passengers cuff links, earings, a plaque comemmorating the 2010 World Cruise and two jewellery pouches....well done Princess...:)

was just reading a thread on the princess board.... cause you know ... now that I have nothing to read I will read anything LOL...

Did you see that the crown princess got caught IN Dublin because of bad weather... sail out was postponed to the extent that they ended up doing an over nighter... which meant that they missed the next port belfast.....

ohwell.... such is life!!

Nice touch by Princess giving the World Cruise passengers cuff links, earings, a plaque comemmorating the 2010 World Cruise and two jewellery pouches....well done Princess...:)

On all World Cruises , or segments thereof , gifts are given.

They are a wonderful memento.

Archived