C&A Changes - Positive!

Patti, I thought I was the only one to bring that up again and again.:D

Yes you are........just following in your footsteps. No.....Great Minds think alike.:p

Bet that same Captain never thought that the ship's visit to the West Coast would be so short lived.

Oh yeah, I forgot.:p

Well, if I don't get a chance to tell you have a wonderful time on Oasis.......I will tell you now. And please tell Reyno that we said hello.

I'd really LOVE to cruise on Oasis...twice the fun now with Julian and Reyno. I'd like to experience Reyno's service and renew the fun times and friendship with Julian....but if they kick me out of the CL, what's the point. :D :rolleyes:

I think Julian will leave soon anyway. I haven't found a great deal on Oasis yet either.

Gina

Yes you are........just following in your footsteps. No.....Great Minds think alike.:p

Bet that same Captain never thought that the ship's visit to the West Coast would be so short lived.

More likely he is thinking :"See they should have listened to me." or "What I really said was 'The Mariner should never leave the East Coast'.:D

OK, I feel better. ;) I hope you are right. I was feeling a little panicky yesterday wasn't I? :o

I think it was you that suggested following the tweets. I'm having them sent to my phone now so I'll be among the first to know. LOL Thanks for that (if it was you)

Gina

Yes, I was told the announcement would be on Twitter first. Unfortunately I don't tweet. ;)

Yes, I was told the announcement would be on Twitter first. Unfortunately I don't tweet. ;)

He rocks in the tree tops all day long

Hoppin' and a-boppin' and singing his song

All the little birdies on Jaybird Street

Love to hear the robin go tweet tweet tweet

Rockin' robin, tweet tweet tweet

Rockin' robin' tweet tweetly-tweet

Blow rockin' robin

'Cause we're really gonna rock tonight

Every little swallow, every chick-a-dee

Every little bird in the tall oak tree

The wise old owl, the big black crow

Flappin' their wings singing go bird go

Blow rockin' robin

Yeah yeah

Pretty little raven at the bird-band stand

Told them how to do the bob and it was grand

They started going steady and bless my soul

He out-bopped the buzzard and the oriol

Blow rockin' robin

Pretty little raven at the bird-band stand

Told them how to do the bop and it was grand

They started going steady and bless my soul

He out-bopped the buzzard and the oriole

Blow rockin' robin

;)

So, should I take your response to mean that they have still not put the finishing touches on the new system? If so, I guess that when they eventually reveal their "new" system we will be absolutely stunned by the results of a more than five year effort. Clearly after more than five years of polishing and refining the system we should be suitably impressed by the scope and thoroughness of their finished product. :rolleyes: If your standard for dealing with a major decision by a huge billion dollar corporation is to be accepted as normal, then we should be commending BP for their "swift" handling of the Gulf oil spill.:(

I thought that the first shoe dropped last year when they made significant changes to the Crown and Anchor program and subsequently made some revisions in order to reduce the degree of dissatisfaction that their actions created.

From what I understand they've already decided on the new system. But won't put it into effect until January. Is their a possibility it could be delayed again? Sure. But at the moment January is when the cruise credit system changes. As in, how credits are earned, new tiers, new levels, etc. These past changes will be small blips compared to what's coming in about 6 months.

Yep, I heard about some of the anticipated changes on our last cruise too. Actully heard about it from a few bartenders. They did tell us what was going to take effect but I'm keeping it quiet because it may or may not happen.

I read here about them maybe letting us combine some benefits. I sure would like to be able to combine our shareholder benefit with our D balcony discount.

This was the first cruise we were on since they changed the D benefits to not being able to use the CL. Honestly, we never went into the CL (maybe I did in the afternoon for a coffee, but that's it), but we did use the overflow lounge and it was never crowded so I really think that was a bunch of bull to just take our benefit away. I always felt that the CL was to dark and dreary and I like windows and being able to look out at the ocean. We used the Diamond event thingie that took the CL's place with free wine or champaign. Well, I like wine with my meal and I can't just drink it without eating because it makes me to tired and they don't even have snacks for the Diamonds anymore. Some nights they had some peanut mix out but basically, that was it. DH isn't a wine drinker or a champaign drinker so I think he had one glass of wine the first night and that was it. With all the food onboard I don't think it would hurt RCCL to put out some cheese/crackers or some fruit or something to pick on. As far as I'm concerned, I think the Diamond event stinks and we just bought our own drinks.

I do miss the CL benefit but not necessarily the CL lounge.

As far as the D/D+ breakfast, we looked in the room one day and it looked really crowded. I thought they would have a coffee machine set up like the CL does but no, you have to be seated and have breakfast so we chose to eat in the MDR that day. The waitress was very nice and told me if I showed her my card she would give us the free specialty coffees and she did.

Guess we all have to wait till tomorrow to see what the changes bring for sure.

From what I understand they've already decided on the new system. But won't put it into effect until January. Is their a possibility it could be delayed again? Sure. But at the moment January is when the cruise credit system changes. As in, how credits are earned, new tiers, new levels, etc. These past changes will be small blips compared to what's coming in about 6 months.

I realize that trying to understand the thinking of corporate executives is often a futile task, but if the new system has actually been decided, what is the reasoning behind delaying its introduction another six months? I would think that they might be better off biting the bullet and bringing it out now, even if implementation were not intended to be immediate. Where is the benefit to further delay? :confused: Another postponement only exacerbates the situation and leads to additional fruitless speculation. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I realize that trying to understand the thinking of corporate executives is often a futile task, but if the new system has actually been decided, what is the reasoning behind delaying its introduction another six months? I would think that they might be better off biting the bullet and bringing it out now, even if implementation were not intended to be immediate. Where is the benefit to further delay? :confused: Another postponement only exacerbates the situation and leads to additional fruitless speculation. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Something like that would need to work with their software. Maybe that is being worked on. If we went on line and couldn't see accurate information, that might upset a few people.

Oh wait! We already have that problem. :o ;) :rolleyes:

Gina

Yep, I heard about some of the anticipated changes on our last cruise too. Actully heard about it from a few bartenders. They did tell us what was going to take effect but I'm keeping it quiet because it may or may not happen.

I read here about them maybe letting us combine some benefits. I sure would like to be able to combine our shareholder benefit with our D balcony discount.

This was the first cruise we were on since they changed the D benefits to not being able to use the CL. Honestly, we never went into the CL (maybe I did in the afternoon for a coffee, but that's it), but we did use the overflow lounge and it was never crowded so I really think that was a bunch of bull to just take our benefit away. I always felt that the CL was to dark and dreary and I like windows and being able to look out at the ocean. We used the Diamond event thingie that took the CL's place with free wine or champaign. Well, I like wine with my meal and I can't just drink it without eating because it makes me to tired and they don't even have snacks for the Diamonds anymore. Some nights they had some peanut mix out but basically, that was it. DH isn't a wine drinker or a champaign drinker so I think he had one glass of wine the first night and that was it. With all the food onboard I don't think it would hurt RCCL to put out some cheese/crackers or some fruit or something to pick on. As far as I'm concerned, I think the Diamond event stinks and we just bought our own drinks.

I do miss the CL benefit but not necessarily the CL lounge.

As far as the D/D+ breakfast, we looked in the room one day and it looked really crowded. I thought they would have a coffee machine set up like the CL does but no, you have to be seated and have breakfast so we chose to eat in the MDR that day. The waitress was very nice and told me if I showed her my card she would give us the free specialty coffees and she did.

Guess we all have to wait till tomorrow to see what the changes bring for sure.

The coffee machine was broken in the CL on Explorer. We also didn't use the Diamond/Plus breakfast in the main dining room. Family style seating has never appealed to us. I like the "made to order" omelets in the Windjammer.

Something like that would need to work with their software. Maybe that is being worked on. If we went on line and couldn't see accurate information, that might upset a few people.

Oh wait! We already have that problem. :o ;) :rolleyes:

Gina

Changing an entire system such as this is a HUGE undertaking that requires careful thought and planning before implementation. The cruise line realizes they lost a lot of loyal customers when they made the last set of draconian changes last September. The June 1st enhancements are an effort to regain those previous customers.

Maybe they have now sent the new policies to english professors in order to make sure what they wrote is what they actually inteded to say?:eek:

The cruise line realizes they lost a lot of loyal customers when they made the last set of draconian changes last September. The June 1st enhancements are an effort to regain those previous customers.

For me, the implementation of a nightly Diamond Event on all ships in the fleet more than offset the loss of CL privileges.

For me, the implementation of a nightly Diamond Event on all ships in the fleet more than offset the loss of CL privileges.

I'm sure the wine and champaign drinkers among us would agree with you. However, for those who prefer beer or something stronger, it was definitely not an acceptable replacement.

I'm sure the wine and champaign drinkers among us would agree with you. However, for those who prefer beer or something stronger, it was definitely not an acceptable replacement.

I think that yogi's point is that it was a big step up for Monarch, Majesty, Vision, Grandeur and Rhapsody.

I think that yogi's point is that it was a big step up for Monarch, Majesty, Vision, Grandeur and Rhapsody.

Precisely!

What it said was that RCCL valued those who had attained Diamond status to the point that a Nightly Event with complimentary wine and champagne would be found on every RCCL ship that sailed. I actually believe it involved more ships than the five mentioned.

maybe they have now sent the new policies to english professors in order to make sure what they wrote is what they actually inteded to say?:eek:

No way they'll have it done by tomorrow if that is the case

I hope they stop charging for mixed drinks even at a discount in the concierge lounge.

Mixed drinks are already free in the Concierge Lounge. They have a 25% discount at the nightly Diamond Event.

Mixed drinks are already free in the Concierge Lounge. They have a 25% discount at the nightly Diamond Event.

Thank you for clarifying that for me...........I was misinformed and appreciate the correction.

Jim

Changing an entire system such as this is a HUGE undertaking that requires careful thought and planning before implementation.

Careful thought and planning before implementation are one thing but if you are correct that they have been working on this problem for five years,, that is carrying things to the extreme. Whatever they eventually come up with, I can almost guarantee that it shouldn't have taken them five years to do it.:rolleyes:

And it probably won't take most of us five years to point out the flaws and inequities in their "new and improved" system.:D

Archived