What an awful review!

Working 2 Cruise

Did y'all see this review?

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=67597

I can't believe that everything this person says is true... Please let it not be true!

I have to say that I would have been mad about the room situation for 4. At the very least, their TA or Princess should have warned them if the roll-a-way bed was where the 4th person was to sleep.

As far as the daughter not going, that is what insurance is for, if they didn't take out insurance, that is not princess's fault.

I can't imagine that their entire cruise was horrible, I wish they had also published the goods parts....surely there were good parts. Just my opinion

That wasn't an awful review. It was a true review by a member that had some pretty awful things happen to her on vacation. Sometimes your experiences don't meet up to your expectations, and an honest review is warranted. If you want a fabulous review, mine is up there (under user name angyl for Golden Princess May 22-29)

I just read through most of it. All I can figure is that the stateroom for the four passengers was either a guarantee booking (as if they chose an assigned stateroom, they would not have decided on a stateroom for 3 with four passengers), or they had submitted the medical information to Princess and it was decided that a child with this problem could not sleep in an upper bunk safely. Or possibly a TA requested this arrangement because of the physical limitations of the chid? We will probably never know for sure.

As for the cancelled stateroom. It doesn't matter who pays for it, it is in the name of the passenger listed. If that passenger doesn't show up or cancels at the last minute, they will not give the use of this stateroom to anyone else who was not listed on the manifest as staying in that stateroom. This is just the way things are. I am sorry that the reviewer didn't realize this, and that she actually paid for the stateroom only to end up loosing in with a cancellation.

As for the rest, I think this is just a case of things went wrong in the beginning, so each thing blossomed into something bigger around every turn. Not enough details were given about he booking to do much more than guess about that one. Just my opinion of course. ;)

The reasons why this is a poor review is that her two major problems with the cruise are based on false expectations and mis-information.

If you book four people to a cabin, the cabin MUST be able to accommodate four people. Their TA or Princess rep gave them very poor advice. Someone didn't do their homework whether it was the TA or the Princess rep.

As for the cabin, Princess is absolutely right. If they didn't have insurance, that's the gamble you take, i.e., you are self-insuring the money you paid for the cruise. If you don't check in and aren't on the manifest, the cabin goes back into inventory. If they had the use the cabin for the cruise and then the passengers submitted the cost of the cruise to their insurance for reimbursement, that's fraud. The cruiseline doesn't check to see if you've bought independent insurance. They assume you did because that's the smart thing to do. Plus any reputable TA or the cruise company always gives you the option to purchase cruise/travel insurance.

I think the reviewer is fullomalarky. :)

Did you notice her name-Fullomalarky. Name fits and I doubt it is a real review. The only problem is that in putting this here you have continued her desire to bad mouth princess
I checked & Fullomalarky has 0 posts and not listed as a member!!.

I just checked the review more closely and the reviewer was in A701. Then I checked the Princess website deck plans for the Crown and A701 will accommodate ONLY a 3rd person. Whether this is the cabin in question or not, I'm not sure but if her family were in cabins near her, none of them accommodate a 4th person.

I think the question of bogus reviews has come up before, and the mods say that if the person posting the review posts ONLY the review and never posts in a thread, they will not appear on the memberlist until they do. EM

I just checked the review more closely and the reviewer was in A701. Then I checked the Princess website deck plans for the Crown and A701 will accommodate ONLY a 3rd person. Whether this is the cabin in question or not, I'm not sure but if her family were in cabins near her, none of them accommodate a 4th person.

Pam they are right about the cabin.

We were told several triple cabins are designated quads and they bring in a rollaway.

I do agree that it is a major safety hazard in the room with that rollaway deployed.

This issue could have been dealt with before the cruise as the rollaway is listed in the personalizer.

I think it's a serious review. Several things went wrong for her and she's looking for someone to blame other than herself and her travel agent.

Our cruise on the Crown this spring missed Princess Cays. Ships miss ports occasionally. I never book a cruise based on one port of call.

I don't believe you can book a guarantee cabin for more than two people. There was another thread here this week that mentioned that--and I had to try for myself to find out it could not be done.

Since this thread is continuing, I'll jump in with two observations:

1 - The Reviewer said they had to leave notes for their Steward...what happened to picking up the phone. Nonsense.

2- It's funny that all ports that get cancelled are the ones that were the 'highlight' of the cruise...Cozumel??? My personal opinion is, going to Cozumel once is quite enough. I enjoy the ship while in that port. Just a subjective opinon, Not a terrible port of call, but a 'highlight of the cruise'?? Again, nonsense. Just blowing things out of proportion.

I'm sure the Reviewer is an expert on shiphandling and what a 'breeze' is. The review lost all credibility with those comments.

Denny

I think it's a serious review. Several things went wrong for her and she's looking for someone to blame other than herself and her travel agent.

Our cruise on the Crown this spring missed Princess Cays. Ships miss ports occasionally. I never book a cruise based on one port of call.

I don't believe you can book a guarantee cabin for more than two people. There was another thread here this week that mentioned that--and I had to try for myself to find out it could not be done.

Did you speak to Princess directly or try it on the web?

As a TA, I can't book a triple or a quad as a guarantee, they have to have an assigned cabin.

Archived