I got out and used my camera today...

pierces

A few recent shots from out-and-about in the wetlands...while at a local wetlands preserve, I had my favorite duck make a close flyby, and had to get an 'action' shot of him in flight - this is the black-bellied whistling duck, taken with my Sony A550 & Minolta 300mm F4 lens:

original.jpg

Out at the Everglades, I was walking through the cypress trails when I spotted this butterfly, familiar down here in the south, called the 'ruddy daggerwing' (Sony A550 & Minolta 300mmm F4):

original.jpg

Wow, National Geographic had better sign some of you folks on!

Wonderful close ups and such sharp images. The duck in flight is really amazing.

Dave, the prom pics are a lot of fun. I am sure everyone is happy to have a personal photographer in the family. Everyone looks so beautiful. Could you come over and do our family shots? Oh, I guess you have to be pretty good looking to begin with! :D

Love all the photos people. Keep it up! I can't tell you how many of these I've used as screen savers. ;)

I've been watching this thread and enjoying all of the creative shots being shared. Just purchased my first dslr (Nikon D5000) about a month ago so I'm just learning the basics, but also playing with some of the manual settings. Here are a couple I took recently at an exhibit called "Heads Up". I know I have a lot to learn, so critiques are more than welcome.

Thanks,

Kathy

DSC_0297-1.jpg

DSC_0301-1.jpg

I am doing more & more HDR these days. Last weekend, my wife and I took a stroll downtown Minneapolis. Example:

979162831_cqQYr-M.jpg

979163980_nzH8U-M.jpg

See the whole gallery here:

http://dodgerdigital.smugmug.com/Events/Summer-Night-Shooting

Nicely done!

They don't have the sci-fi movie poster look that a lot of HDR images end up with.

More like what the eye saw at the time. (Which is what I personally think HDR should do!)

Happy shooting!

Dave

Nicely done!

They don't have the sci-fi movie poster look that a lot of HDR images end up with.

More like what the eye saw at the time. (Which is what I personally think HDR should do!)

Happy shooting!

Dave

Those are the amateurs, Dave! :D

Although night shooting can be quite a challenge.

I use Photomatix and Topaz and decrease the doctored layer opacity down to a reasonable level.

Hi zackiedawg.:) Here are 2 pictures of the Shuttlecocks on the grounds of the Kansas City Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art. I took these from the car. Had no time to get out....we were on our way to the KC Zoo.

2226008400063342928S600x600Q85.jpg

2301547100063342928S600x600Q85.jpg

From the new (opened just this month) 11 million dollar Polar Bear Exhibit at the Kansas City Zoo....here are a few pictures of Nikita that I took late yesterday afternoon. Nikita is just awesome and as you can see, she did some fun stuff to entertain us!!! We fell in love with her.

2677921830063342928S600x600Q85.jpg

2152232740063342928S600x600Q85.jpg

2978970600063342928S600x600Q85.jpg

2057771730063342928S600x600Q85.jpg

and after her swim....a roll in the dirt.

2969945600063342928S600x600Q85.jpg

and then...a nice little walk.

2829000520063342928S600x600Q85.jpg

Edited by JWJs

JWJ's....Love the Polar Bear shots! ha!

We have 3 here...and I could watch them for most of the day!:)

Hi NMCruzzin. So glad you liked the pictures of Nikita!!!:) It was so fun spending time with him. He was a fabulous addition to our KC Zoo. How awesome that you have 3 Polar Bears at your zoo! :)

Edited by JWJs

I was the corn field recommendation guy. But I still enjoyed seeing the shuttlecocks!

Hi zackiedawg ~ thanks.:) I have it straight now. I hope to get working on some corn field shots before it's too late! Before long it will be time for pumkin patch pictures.:)