I got out and used my camera today...

pierces

The one thing I can't figure out is why won't they let me upload/post from my desktop.

I can attach from my desktop

If you upload the jpeg file it takes up a lot more space (and cost!) than merely saving a pointer to a file stored on Webshots or similar photo site.

Pardon me while I have a smug moment...I'm really glad I started this thread! Lots of great daily photos. Landscapes, beasts, flowers and some fun stuff too.

Way to go folks! Great stuff and lots of fun!

Keep it up!

Dave

Dave, you totally deserve a smug moment. :) This has become a "go to thread" for me....I look forward to checking it out at least once each day. I've really enjoyed and admired all of the varied and terrific photos.

Here in Kansas, it's hard for me to come up with something interesting to shoot. Corn fields have been looking attractive lately:eek: but not much else. I have a friend who shoots pictures for the Missourian magazine and I hope to go on some photo shoots with him this fall.

Edited by JWJs

Dave, you totally deserve a smug moment. :) This has become a "go to thread" for me....I look forward to checking it out at least once each day. I've really enjoyed and admired all of the varied and terrific photos.

Here in Kansas, it's hard for me to come up with something interesting to shoot. Corn fields have been looking attractive lately:eek: but not much else. I have a friend who shoots pictures for the Missourian magazine and I hope to go on some photo shoots with him this fall.

Photo suggestions for you..

Shuttle Cocks (enjoy those things every time I'm in town!)

I'd love to see a photo of them.

Edited by RVRCLC

Hey...corn fields are very cool to shoot! Get down low, shooting up at the corn stalks, or shoot for the patterns in the rows of corn...shoot some golden light or a reddish sunset with them in silhouette...do some macro closeups of the plant...find a cool scarecrow in a field, or a closeup of some worn-down fencing and barbed wire with shallow focus and converted to B&W...

My mind's racing with corn ideas now! Unfortunately, no corn fields anywhere near me. :(

Photo suggestions for you..

Shuttle Cocks (enjoy those things every time I'm in town!)

I'd love to see a photo of them.

Thanks so much! Aw yes....the Shuttle Cocks. I've thought about them too....and will forsure get a picture of them on here someday soon!:)

Hey...corn fields are very cool to shoot! Get down low, shooting up at the corn stalks, or shoot for the patterns in the rows of corn...shoot some golden light or a reddish sunset with them in silhouette...do some macro closeups of the plant...find a cool scarecrow in a field, or a closeup of some worn-down fencing and barbed wire with shallow focus and converted to B&W...

My mind's racing with corn ideas now! Unfortunately, no corn fields anywhere near me. :(

Thanks! I was also thinking of the cotton fields when we drove home from Alabama and Mississippi last week. You have some great ideas for the corn fields! Thanks again.

Here's as close as I can come to a Kansas corn scene:

original.jpg

That one required ISO6400 from a moving vehicle! ;)

I need to work on my Disney shots. Yours is beautiful! :)

Edited by JWJs

I received this email and I thought it followed the theme of this discussion- so I am reposting for the Pentax users on here ...

"This is just a reminder that Sunday, August 15th is World Pentax Day! We look forward to your participation.

Details on the event can be found here

Get out there and SHOOT something ... with your camera! :D

Cannon, Nikon and Sony users are welcome to take photos that day too! :cool:

Edited by R. Wethereyet

Hi folks, long time lurker, first time poster. Finally took the plunge today to register (always used my wife's account) after coming across this thread. brilliant idea for a thread, even more brilliant are the amazing shots you guys are producing. I have only recently started taking photography a little more seriously so still getting used to the descriptions and jargon spouted here. Just stepped up from a P&S Cybershot to a Nikon D5000, which is being shipped as I type, cannot wait to start taking some real pics to post here!

Keep the great shots coming, they are truely inspiring!

Just stepped up from a P&S Cybershot to a Nikon D5000, which is being shipped as I type, cannot wait to start taking some real pics to post here!

You don't have to use a DSLR to take "real" pictures, you know. The most important thing is not the camera but the person behind the camera. :):rolleyes::eek:

I know, I know, I just want to take 'better' pics of our very mobile 2 yr old and its getting increasingly difficult to capture the moments I want to with said equipment. My aim is to capitalize on the increased flexibility in low light areas, already mentioned mobile 2 yr old and other moving subjects, and general performance speed.

Not a defense, but I originally wanted to say "real nice pics", typo. Either way, very much encouraged by the shots I've seen here, hopefully I'll be able to add to the collection.

You don't have to use a DSLR to take "real" pictures, you know. The most important thing is not the camera but the person behind the camera. :):rolleyes::eek:

All my pictures were taken with a point and shoot Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ28. Don't blame the camera :D!:p

All my pictures were taken with a point and shoot Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ28. Don't blame the camera :D!:p

I have the Lumix DMC FZ38, when somebody says they are great photo's, you must have a good camera. It is like saying to a host who has served up a lovely meal at a dinner party, that was a lovely meal, you must have a great oven.:D;)

Speaking of kids. Been using our youngest grand daughter as a test subject for learning strobism. At least that's my excuse. :)

original.jpg

Larry

Larry, Your granddaughter is beautiful, God bless her. A grandparent doesn't need an excuse to photograph their grandchildren. Just enjoy and she makes a beautiful model. Blessings. :)

Hi folks, long time lurker, first time poster. Finally took the plunge today to register (always used my wife's account) after coming across this thread. brilliant idea for a thread, even more brilliant are the amazing shots you guys are producing. I have only recently started taking photography a little more seriously so still getting used to the descriptions and jargon spouted here. Just stepped up from a P&S Cybershot to a Nikon D5000, which is being shipped as I type, cannot wait to start taking some real pics to post here!

Keep the great shots coming, they are truely inspiring!

Congrats for wanting to improve your photography! I have lurked about CC for many years, posting a little here & there, just recently have posted a pic or two. This seems to be, for the most part, a very welcoming, happy, friendly group of peeps! I call it my Cruise Critic Camera Club!:D

Sooo, that being said, I got out & used my camera again today, & this is what I found in my garden...one of many Golden Orbs, or Banana spiders...just can't seem to get that critical focus...grrr...P8160073.JPG

This is one that I almost walked into in Jamaica:

2708558880065523202S600x600Q85.jpg

It was a big sucker.:eek:

2374968070065523202S600x600Q85.jpg

Sorry to be off topic a little since these were taken last year.:o These were taken with my Canon G9.

Edited by judynorth