I got out and used my camera today...

pierces

I am really afraid of spiders so when I almost walked into that big one in the 1st picture I almost fainted.................Then I took the picture. :D The other picture was of our guide showing us the spider earlier in the tour.

Nice collage, BTW.

Edited by judynorth

Congrats for wanting to improve your photography! I have lurked about CC for many years, posting a little here & there, just recently have posted a pic or two. This seems to be, for the most part, a very welcoming, happy, friendly group of peeps! I call it my Cruise Critic Camera Club!:D

Sooo, that being said, I got out & used my camera again today, & this is what I found in my garden...one of many Golden Orbs, or Banana spiders...just can't seem to get that critical focus...grrr...P8160073.JPG

Great picture! :) Wonder if anyone else calls these little dudes "Zipper Spiders" like we do here in Kansas and Missouri.

This is one that I almost walked into in Jamaica:

2708558880065523202S600x600Q85.jpg

It was a big sucker.:eek:

2374968070065523202S600x600Q85.jpg

Sorry to be off topic a little since these were taken last year.:o These were taken with my Canon G9.

JudyNorth ~ I totally agree....that spider sure is a big sucker! :eek: I would have fainted if I had him crawling on my hand. However, that being said...I'm going to be looking for spider photo opps every chance I get to go out in the wilds on our next cruise!

Great picture! :) Wonder if anyone else calls these little dudes "Zipper Spiders" like we do here in Kansas and Missouri.

Thanks! Yes, we call them Zippers too! I even found a cricket to feed this little friend, but when I pitched it toward the web, it must have went right through one of the 'holes' & then made it's getaway!:p

Funny, I'm not really 'freaky' about spiders at all, but, I sure don't want one crawling on me without me knowing it! I'd much rather be photographing than communing with!:D

You don't have to use a DSLR to take "real" pictures, you know. The most important thing is not the camera but the person behind the camera. :):rolleyes::eek:

After reviewing some other photography threads and the relevant technical discussions of how the shots were acquired, I now realize the wisdom of what you were trying to tell me :o:o.

Can I still keep the D5000? :D

After reviewing some other photography threads and the relevant technical discussions of how the shots were acquired, I now realize the wisdom of what you were trying to tell me :o:o.

Can I still keep the D5000? :D

Sure. Do you mind if I envy you? I just have a Canon G9 P&S. I expect to see pictures posted soon. :D I really enjoy seeing the pictures posted on all the photo threads. There are some really outstanding photographers on CC.

Hi everyone. I just found this message board. I swear everytime I come to cruisecritic, I find new boards that I love!

These aren't from today but they were taken recently. I ordered a new LensBaby and I just had to try it out.

121.jpg

045.jpg

054.jpg

114.jpg

and finally a cute duck in the park...

058.jpg

Sure. Do you mind if I envy you? I just have a Canon G9 P&S. I expect to see pictures posted soon. :D I really enjoy seeing the pictures posted on all the photo threads. There are some really outstanding photographers on CC.

I will post some as soon as I can, it just got delivered last night. Trembling with excitement...guess the stabilizer or a tripod will come in handy!:D

I am really in awe of most of the pics presented here. I had no idea some of these shots were possible without post-processing (blurring people out,waterfall which almost look like solid veils etc.) I'm definitely keeping the Cybershot.

Keep them coming folks.

Edited by ion-man

Does this truck make my butt look big?

Double-decker Emirates A380 rolling into YYZ, Toronto:

p117187615-4.jpg

I swear the truck could drive into one of the engines!

Dave

Edited by pierces

Does this truck make my butt look big?

Double-decker Emirates A380 rolling into YYZ, Toronto:

YES!

p117187615-4.jpg

I swear the truck could drive into one of the engines!

Dave

YES! YES! and YES.

It's COLD at 36,000 feet!

p717311645-5.jpg

Dave

Sorry if I,ve messed things up that last file was way too big to be of any use on a forum page :o tried to delete it but was too slow (15min window) - here it is again:- -----

It's surprising what you see at 36,000 feet Dave:- ---------

--------Whale Tail in the Sky

Flight181-1.jpg

I just managed to get a shot as it dove below the clouds :D

Sammy

This is one that I almost walked into in Jamaica:

2708558880065523202S600x600Q85.jpg

It was a big sucker.:eek:

2374968070065523202S600x600Q85.jpg

Sorry to be off topic a little since these were taken last year.:o These were taken with my Canon G9.

Oh my! That sends chills up my spine.

I did "prom" pictures and general photos at my daughters' eighties party last night. Much fun!

Son-in-law lip-synching Addicted to Love with backup...

p598792121-4.jpg

Youngest daughter doing what looks like an ad for Tang...

p647264268-4.jpg

Oldest daughter and SIL warming up for prom picture...

p333487745-4.jpg

Daughter's BFF wondering why her date is late...

p119526347-4.jpg

Nice group of "kids"!

Dave