D, D+ amenity

That's very nice but fruit is something you usually find on the ship anyway and some cruise lines even have fruit sent to your cabin upon request (I think it's either Princess or HAL).

Quite - but I was just answering the OP's question ;)

Why do I keep hearing FOS has less ammenities because of the hotel manager? If true, why does RCCL let her/him get away with this? Sure he/she saves some money but it does damage the brand as far as consistency goes. Most companies would not tolerate this.

I keep reading that, too. FOS was the only ship where my kids couldn't get a Shirley Temple with the soda card.

That's very nice but fruit is something you usually find on the ship anyway and some cruise lines even have fruit sent to your cabin upon request (I think it's either Princess or HAL).

I thought that too but when they sent us one on our last cruise it was very convenient and nicely presented and it did get eaten.

I roomed with another DP (a friend) and we only got one amenity. And if I cruise with DH we only get one.

I usually cruise with DH,but last time I cruised with a DP friend,we both got to pick something.........In fact,that was on the MN,so we got two bottles of wine.............and in January,we went on the VY and being 7 nights,we got 3!!(I got 2 cuz Im over 49 credits and she got one since she's not).......

On our last cruise in June on the Enchantment, the C&A desk called about 3 weeks before to ask us what we wanted for our D+ amenity, we took the wine truffles. We also received a plate of chocolate strawberries one evening, I think the card said from the hotel director. And another day, we received 4 red velvet cupcakes with a note from the LA. My husband loved all of this as he is a chocolate fiend and since I hate chocolate, it was all for him!

Sherri:)

D/D+ amenity: On our recent Grandeur cruise we received one plate of petits fours with a note addressed to both of us and mentioning our D/D+ status (I'm D, he's D+) We are not married so have different last names, but just got one plate for both. His son is D and was in a separate cabin and also received a plate of petits fours with a note. On previous cruises it's been hit or miss. One time we got chocolate covered strawberries with a note from the loyalty ambassador. Other times, nothing.

D+ special amenity: In addition to the "random" D/D+ amenity of strawberries or petits fours (or cheese plate, apparently), if you are D+ you can also pre-order a beach towel, tote bag, wine, etc. ( Others have posted a more detailed list of what's available.) Since only my BF is D+, so far we've only been able to order one D+ amenity. But I would think that when I hit D+, we'll each be able to order our own. Time will tell....

For our first diamond+ gift I chose the fruit basket and it was great, but to much. And you can just about get fruit any time on the ship. This was a B2B cruise so we had chose the fruit twice. We don't drink so the wine was out and I thought the tote bag was like the ones we received as our C&A gifts. For the next cruise I chose the tote bag and its great. I will get a few more of those.

Jan

Guess Im just the exception:p

Perhaps it was because you were sailing with a friend who was at the same C&A level as you and was entitled to the amenity on her own. Had it been Dennis and you, you might only have received the one. You know what they say about the exception proving the rule.:D And since when has RCI been known for its consistency in observing its rules?;)

PH8, what is an "element bag"? :confused:

All items on Kathy's list can be found under Gifts & Gear.

Royal Caribbean Element Bag $20.00 USD Item# 435

Use this bag to explore the world or for everyday use at work or school. Perfect for college or high school students! It has an adjustable shoulder strap, built in cell phone holder, double pockets and generous carrying space to carry anything you need.

gft_element_bag_147.jpg

For our first diamond+ gift I chose the fruit basket and it was great, but to much. And you can just about get fruit any time on the ship. This was a B2B cruise so we had chose the fruit twice. We don't drink so the wine was out and I thought the tote bag was like the ones we received as our C&A gifts. For the next cruise I chose the tote bag and its great. I will get a few more of those.

Jan

Jan, the towel is REALLY NICE, too. Big, thick............VERY nice. :)

All items on Kathy's list can be found under Gifts & Gear.

Royal Caribbean Element Bag $20.00 USD Item# 435

Use this bag to explore the world or for everyday use at work or school. Perfect for college or high school students! It has an adjustable shoulder strap, built in cell phone holder, double pockets and generous carrying space to carry anything you need.

gft_element_bag_147.jpg

Now THAT is a nice item. No one has ever offered me that.

Perhaps it was because you were sailing with a friend who was at the same C&A level as you and was entitled to the amenity on her own. Had it been Dennis and you, you might only have received the one. You know what they say about the exception proving the rule.:D And since when has RCI been known for its consistency in observing its rules?;)

Thats what i said..........It was a friend.......not Dennis.......I know with him,I only get one per cabin,,,,,,,,,BUT with a friend we get 2..

Its on the over 49 list....not sure if you have that many or not..:confused:

This is the first I've heard there is a different list of amenities for 49 and over. I wonder if the wine choices are different also? That would be a treat.

Bob

This is the first I've heard there is a different list of amenities for 49 and over. I wonder if the wine choices are different also? That would be a treat.

Bob

That list I posted had the wine choices and yes, they are different from the under 49 list..

PH8, I thought I read somewhere that we would get two amenities at the 49+ level. Yes, No? One from the 24+ list, one from the 49+ list????

We will finally be at 49+ by the end of the year.

That's correct, 2 amenities when you reach 49 and 3 when you reach 75.

You can select two from either the 24 list or the 49 list or one from each.

That's correct, 2 amenities when you reach 49 and 3 when you reach 75.

You can select two from either the 24 list or the 49 list or one from each.

On longer cruises......not on the short 3/4 nighters......darn it..:p

Archived