D, D+ amenity

I was recently looking over the "benefits" of the different levels of C&A. I noticed that for D and D+ it said "amenity delivered to your stateroom". Does anyone know if this is something like chocolate covered strawberries or a fruit and cheese plate or similar? We have rec'd these things in the past (we are D). One time it was petit fours.

I guess what I am asking is if it something like this and not the C&A "gifts" (hat, frame, tote, etc) that we used to get (at all levels of C&A). What has been your experience since the changes to C&A last month?

It would be nice if they added some new amenities to the list. We have quite a collection of beach towels and tote bags.

but i LIKE them....much better than the berries...ours are always sour.

Hey tony...email me would ya???? was thinking about you guys today for some reason!!!

cruisermeg at yahoo you know the rest!!

:-)

We were offered a fruit basket, bottle of champagne delivered to dinner or stateroom,

towel, canvas bag, wine, choc covered strawberries, cheese tray and sorry cant remember anything else. plus you get a tray of chocolate strawberries on your first formal night just for being d+! you also get little plates of cheese and petiti fors during the cruise plust we also got a free fruit basket . they give you lots of freebies at the d+ level.

We were offered a fruit basket, bottle of champagne delivered to dinner or stateroom,

towel, canvas bag, wine, choc covered strawberries, cheese tray and sorry cant remember anything else. plus you get a tray of chocolate strawberries on your first formal night just for being d+! you also get little plates of cheese and petiti fors during the cruise plust we also got a free fruit basket . they give you lots of freebies at the d+ level.

We were not so lucky -

On our Freedom sailing a few months ago, we got the D+ amenity we ordered but did not receive any other “treats” during the week. No choc covered strawberries, petit fours, etc. We were very surprised that we asked the LA (on the 6th day) if they had stopped the small item (strawberries, petit fours or cheese plate usually delivered on formal night). She tells us those items come from the “hotel manager” and can vary per sailing. We sail again August so we will see if this was a quirk or the trend.

M

I remember getting petit fours and cheese plates delivered on formal nights as D members. I don't think we got anything on FOS this past year, and we might have gotten petit fours on IOS, but no more cheese plate.

• 1 month later...
It would be nice if they added some new amenities to the list. We have quite a collection of beach towels and tote bags.

Same thing with Carnival. I just leave whatever they give me for the cabin steward instead of a tip. Of course, I don't really do that because it would make my waiter jealous because all he gets out of me is cash.;)

We're D and we had a fruit plate in our room on arrival, a very generous plate too - 2x apples, 2 x pears, 2 x kiwi fruit, 2 x oranges, 2 x bananas, strawberries and a bunch of grapes. It lasted us all week and even replaced breakfast one morning :)

On our recent Ex sailing, our 'amenity' was a bottle of Evian water (as per the card left next to it). We didn't get any gift-type things like tote bags (which I do like). We got petit fours and strawberries but I think those were for GS.

We're D and we had a fruit plate in our room on arrival, a very generous plate too - 2x apples, 2 x pears, 2 x kiwi fruit, 2 x oranges, 2 x bananas, strawberries and a bunch of grapes. It lasted us all week and even replaced breakfast one morning :)

That's very nice but fruit is something you usually find on the ship anyway and some cruise lines even have fruit sent to your cabin upon request (I think it's either Princess or HAL).

OK, you are talking two different types of amenities here:

Diamond - They decide and send it to your cabin. Any of the above food items, sometimes more than one.

Diamond Plus - You decide and request in advance: tote bag, wine, etc. You also get the Diamond amenity while on the cruise (at least you're supposed to).

D+ amenity is per cabin. I am amazed that clarea got a second bottle of champagne!

Not if there are two friends cruising together......then you get 2 per cabin.......

Here is the list for DP amenity for those with 49+

Elegant Gifts:

Chocolate Covered Trio

Oversized Chocolate Covered Pretzel

Red Velvet or Vanilla Cup Cakes (4 per pack)

8x10 Picture Frame

Photo Album

Logo Items:

Micro Fiber Tote Bag

Element Bag

Flowers *:

Orchids

English Garden Basket

One Dozen Roses

*Please note that floral arrangements are not availiable if ordered less than 5

days prior to sailing.

Champagne:

Korbel Brut and Strawberries

Non Alcoholic Sparkling Wine and Strawberries

White Wine:

White Zinfandel, Beringer

Chardonnay, Penfolds South Easter Australia

Viognier, Cline

Red Wine:

Merlot, Mont Gras Reserve

Shiraz Rosemont Estate, South Eastern Australia

Rioja, Bodegas Sierra Cantabria, Spain

Bottled Water:

4 bottles San Pellegrino Sparkling Water

Fruit and Wine Basket:

Fruit Basket and Korbel

Fruit Basket and Cabernet

Fruit Basket and Chardonnay

Fruit Basket and White Zinfandel

Logo Gear:

Water Bottle Holder

Waist Pack

Dural Sports Bottle/Thermos

We were not so lucky -

On our Freedom sailing a few months ago, we got the D+ amenity we ordered but did not receive any other “treats” during the week. No choc covered strawberries, petit fours, etc. We were very surprised that we asked the LA (on the 6th day) if they had stopped the small item (strawberries, petit fours or cheese plate usually delivered on formal night). She tells us those items come from the “hotel manager” and can vary per sailing. We sail again August so we will see if this was a quirk or the trend.

M

Why do I keep hearing FOS has less ammenities because of the hotel manager? If true, why does RCCL let her/him get away with this? Sure he/she saves some money but it does damage the brand as far as consistency goes. Most companies would not tolerate this.

Archived