Caviar ???? WHERE???

zaby

I’ve been reading some different posts and have read people talk about caviar at breakfast and other times. The only time I recall caviar on my Alaskan cruise last year was on our “James Bond” night and we had to pay for the caviar and martini’s in the Constellation Lounge.

Please let me know where I may find my favorite indulgence so I can find it on our upcoming European cruise.

I’ve been reading some different posts and have read people talk about caviar at breakfast and other times. The only time I recall caviar on my Alaskan cruise last year was on our “James Bond” night and we had to pay for the caviar and martini’s in the Constellation Lounge.

Please let me know where I may find my favorite indulgence so I can find it on our upcoming European cruise.

Please explain further "paying" for the caviar and martini's?? With Regent being all inclusive, wondering why there was a charge in the Constellation Lounge for martini's and especially caviar when all food is supposed to be included? If the martini's are from a high priced gin or ??, understand premium licquor being an upcharge but, haven't heard of charges for food??

On our 09 Baltic cruise, was no James Bond nite so have nothing to compare.

Thanks in advance,

I have never had to pay for a martini but on special evenings Regent serves the very best caviar in one of the lounges and this has to be purchased. This may happen once during a cruise or not at all. At other times caviar is served but it is run of the mill caviar and is included.

Seven Seas Society party is your best bet if you like caviar.

And you can crash these parties if you like, nobody checks. They are so big now that there are no pins given out, no gifts for the most nights, no intimacy. So anybody can go, if they know when it is.

We actually crashed our first SSS party. It was on the PG in 2003 and we had failed to get an invite. We had befriended another couple who set us straight, and we trotted up to that beautiful little lounge above the dining room which is now cabins--there were only about 30 people there. Ah, those were the days! :D

Caviar Sunday, they lose money on that with me with that as I bring my own tablespoon. Not Russian but good. I would stay away from the $100 little tin of Russian you get about two crackers worth. That's a ripoff.

Sunday brunch there is a HUGE bowl of caviar.

Otherwise, as others have said, the SSS party is your best bet. I have seen it a few other times as well though.

Martinis you should never have to pay for.

You get a little card on your door, just like you do when you have dinner ressies, or an invite to dine with an officer, etc.

If you've missed them in the past, just ask Reception when it's going to be, and if you don't get an invitation the day before, advise them of that.

As I said, you don't need an invitation, if you know when it is, just go.

Grey Goose and Bombay Sapphire are not upgraded on Regent they are standard.

I dont know which Vodkas are upgraded but I know that Johnny Blue Label is as well as some of the 36 year old malts

Archived