Don't know what to do!

zandk

I checked my airport about flight schedules and they have

changed my return flight to 11:20am.:eek: From a 1:10pm departure.

I don't know if this will be ok or if I need to make other arrangements.

Can we make this flight? Someone help?!

Airport and port are both Miami.

You should be able to make the flight, providing the ship isn't late arriving back into port. You will need to go to the Purser's desk once you board the ship and let them know that you have an early flight. They usually have other passengers in the same situation and try their best to get them off the ship first.

You could consider using Carnival's "self-debarkation", which means that you will need to carry off ALL of your luggage that morning. They let passengers who can do this off the ship first, along with any VIP members.

I wouldn't worry about it UNLESS your airline changes it again to an even earlier flight. It's about a 20-minute cab ride to the airport from the port. Going through customs will take the longest, but you should be OK.

:cool:Bill

Go over to the Florida Departures board and either search there or ask your question there. Lots of tips on getting in and out of Miami from the port. My suggestion would be to inform guest services that you have an early flight and need to debark as soon as possible. Maybe consider self assist and be ready to leave as soon as the ship docks and they release the passengers. A cab ride to MIA is only about 20-25 minutes. As long as your'e off the ship by 9:30 AM you should have no problems.

Since the airline changed the flight time you're normally allowed to ask for a different (later) flight without any penalty. I suspect you need to do this relatively soon in response to the Airline's notification. ken

Since the airline changed the flight time you're normally allowed to ask for a different (later) flight without any penalty. I suspect you need to do this relatively soon in response to the Airline's notification. ken

The only other flight they have would not get us to the home airport until midnight. Then we would have a 2 hour drive home. I have to be to work at 7am.:(

I had an airline change our flights once, i called and told them it was unacceptable and she changed it back. Nothing to it.

You will be more than fine. I have cruised out of there several times and always get to the airport by 9:30. If you carry your bags off, you can be there by 9:00. Relax and enjoy your cruise!

I had an airline change our flights once, i called and told them it was unacceptable and she changed it back. Nothing to it.

Airlines often change the entire flight schedule (this has happened to us twice this year so far). It's not a matter of "changing it back" since the original flight IS the new flight. Ergo, there is nothing to change it back to.

Carry your bags off, grab a cab ($24+ tip flat rate from POM to MIA) and you should be there by 0900 or so - plenty of time to make your flight. :cool: As long as the ship gets in on time and there are no customs or immigration delays :eek:, you should be fine. Good luck!:)

Iv been thru multiple debarkations where things didnt go right and people had trouble getting to the airport in time even with walking themselves off.

Just hope you dont hit full customs for just starters of things that can hold you up.

You will be more than fine. I have cruised out of there several times and always get to the airport by 9:30. If you carry your bags off, you can be there by 9:00. Relax and enjoy your cruise!

Not necessarily great advice since I have been on more than one ship where immigration held up the debarkation until 10:30 am and we had arrived back into port at 4:00 am.

Yeah, that works ... so long as the original flight still exists, which doesn't seem to be the case here. The OP is saying the airline changed the schedule, not just moving him from one flight to another.

Unless your ship is late getting into Miami you should still make it with no problems even using regular disembarkation. Using regular debarkation the latest we have ever gotten to MIA is about 9:30 and once we were there by 8:45.

Not necessarily great advice since I have been on more than one ship where immigration held up the debarkation until 10:30 am and we had arrived back into port at 4:00 am.

Yes, that happens and when it does even a 4:00 p.m. flight might be too early. The advice was great! Quit playing the doom and gloom and go with the logical odds and assumptions, because sometimes no matter what you do or plan things happen.

This happened to me once. I called the airline and told them it was unacceptable. They reimbursed me for that flight, and I booked with another airline. Before doing that, however, check to be sure another airline has a flight you want and how much it will cost.

I always use self-assist and usually get to the airport around 8:30. I took a 10:55 flight last May and still had to wait for two hours.

Archived