• Itinerary - Celebrity goes where others don't
    • Price - I feel like I get the best prices with Celebrity
    • Service - I like the level of service that Celebrity provides
    • Loyalty - I like the Captain's Club benefits
    • Food - I feel like Celebrity gives me the best meals
    • Less Children onboard as compared to other lines
    • Ships - I think Celebrity has the ships that I prefer
    • Activities - I like the wine tasting vs. hairy legs shows

I could have ticked off several answers and then some. But the MAIN reason we are loyal to Celebrity (Elite) is the price. We book insides, feeling comfortable that they are the same size as outsides and balconies. On any other mainstream line, I think we would have to book a balcony in order to get a decent size cabin (maybe I am wrong?)

Even for insides, when I compare similar itineraries on Princess and Holland America, Celebrity offers the best price.

Actually, we have never even tried any other line!

The wonderful service Celebrity Cruises extends to my mom and me has always been extraordinary. Seeing a crew member's (s) eyes light up when they first see us on embarkation is priceless. They always make us feel so special.

Gloria

All of the above plus the smoking policy. Before the smoking policy we cruised other lines too, but now plan to limit our cruising to X. I think their no smoking policy for balconies and cabins is terrific. We enjoy select dining also.

After waving bye bye to both Vistafjord and Sagafjord, I found Celebrity was my favorite. The level of service just can't be beat.... so far. But I am not a fan of mega-ships with hoards of kids; nor do I like freestyle cruising. I prefer the formal atmosphere to the casual one

Perhaps, as Celebrity morphs into a more casual place, I will look elsewhere for the ambiance that suits me.

Who knows?????

Cheryl

I did not vote in the poll, but count me in as one who has chosen Celebrity for their 21st Century Smoking Policy! I refuse to allow someone to ruin my enjoyment of my balcony by sending smoke my way any longer!

I choose Celebrity for almost all of the reasons listed. It was difficult to single out the primary factor in our decisions. I finally selected Loyalty, since its the wonderful perks that keep me from even thinking of trying other lines. In second, I'd have a tie between Atmosphere, Service, Price and Ships. All the other reasons listed are tied for third. DH would probably rank Food right at the top.

One reason not listed: I choose Celebrity because its a great place to invite friends. We have invited several friends and family to join us on some of our past cruises and its nice to know I won't feel the need to make excuses or apologize to them for a less than wonderful experience.

Didn't vote in the poll, because there are so many reasons why we choose X.

One that has not been mentioned so far is the absence of announcements piped into the cabin. Our first cruises were with Carnival (and we enjoyed those cruises); but there were soooooo many announcements. The quiet on our first X cruise:D was so remarkably enjoyable after the noise we had become accustomed to on our prior experiences.

Our major considerations are the nonsmoking policy:D and the commitment to great service.:D

We have had smokers on the next balcony ruin our balcony relaxation time (even on X before they instituted the no balcony or cabin smoking rules). Hated paying for a balcony we could not use!

We really have noticed a difference in the level of service with X. They have worked through problems with us and always to our satisfaction, including a norovirus cruise where we felt they went beyond what was required in trying to make up for the problems with the cruise.

We would like to see expanding itineraries; but maybe with the construction of the new ships that will happen. I have been interested in Hawaii and Australia; and now those itineraries are being offered. :D I think maybe X is reading the CC boards.:)

So, there's my $.02 worth!;)

Doris

Right now we are stuck on a particular itinerary that Princess offers. Hopefully a return to X will be in our future. I continue to hear how the service is a step above the rest. I am also dying to cruise an "S" class ship.....:):):)

Bob

It's the (non) smoking policy that makes Celebrity work for us and we are currently considering only X itineraries for our next cruise. As one can see from the sig line we have 'sampled' a number of cruise lines.

Honestly, if others had the X smoking policies or better, it would be a toss up between X, RCCL and Princess. We enjoyed them all except where the smoke got in the way.

Honestly, if others had the X smoking policies or better, it would be a toss up between X, RCCL and Princess. We enjoyed them all except where the smoke got in the way.

I would most certainly agree with the above!

Hands down-the smoking policy. We switched from Princess, who give amazing past-cruiser discounts, because- like another poster- on our Alaskan Cruise our balcony was covered in a cloud of smoke due to chain-smokers.

Trying our first X cruise in March-so excited! Also because people here were so helpful when I mentioned what we were looking for- they assured me X would be a great fit for us. After a detailed comment card, I would have at least expected some response from Princess-but not even a letter or a phone call. Goodbye Princess-Hello Celebrity!

CoffeequeenJ:rolleyes:

There are many reasons I sail Celebrity:)

The same here. We choose Celebrity for the entire package that they provide, not just for any one or two specific features.

We appreciate the restrictive smoking policy; the wonderful, friendly service; the lack of bombardment with announcements; the generally serene, laid-back atmosphere; the passenger to space ratio; naturalists like Milos Radakovich and Brent Nixon; quality entertainers like Brooks Aehron; clean, well-maintained ships where we feel very comfortable; the latest elite benefits (of course); the adults-only T-pools; those nice little attention-to-detail touches such as cold drinks to welcome us back at warm weather ports and hot drinks at cold weather ports. I could go on and on.

Like many others, I choose Celebrity for all of the reasons listed! I am in agreement that the smoking policy and lack of announcements are also big factors!

In the poll, I actually voted for the food! I cruise to enjoy a relaxing vacation and perhaps I have high standards, but the food on other cruises has only been good... not consistently great. Some of my most memorable dining experiences have been on Celebrity ships! I love the specialty restaurants, but the meals in the MDR have always been very good too!

I also love the quieter, more elegant atmosphere of Celebrity cruises, without being stuffy or boring.

We originally booked Celebrity because it was actually cheaper than other so-called "cheaper" lines. Then we discovered all the activities Celebrity provides that enhance our voyages so much that now we find Carnival kinda boring. (!) We especially love the seminars held onboard in the afternoons...they are the high point of Sea Days! Plus they have real dance classes (not just Electric Slide type stuff) and galley tours that you have to pay extra for on other lines. Unfortunately our kids won't step foot on Celebrity, they want the party ships and younger clientele of Carnival. They won't even try RCI. *sigh* So Celebrity remains DH and my line of choice when we go alone.

The smoking policiy is icing on the cake!

btw...Carnival doesn't do in-cabin announcements anymore unless it is an emergency which even Celebrity does...Brightstar etc...

Archived