Funny Questions

ruecatt

On one of our cruises one of the crew members were sharing with us some of the funny questions cruisers ask. For example, one passenger asked the crew member if the staircase goes up & down.

Just thought it would be fun to here any other funny questions you have heard passengers ask.

Well the cruise directors like to tell the one when the passenger asks what time does the midnight buffet?

Keith

Some of the other CD regulars -

Does this elevator go to the front of the ship?

Does the crew sleep on board? - Followed by no we have the lifeboats take them back to shore at night or we have extra boats we pull along behind for them

Where do you get your electricity from? Followed by didn't you see the extension cord plugged into the back of the ship

How do I get the microwave in my cabin to work? (the safe!)

Is there fresh or sea water in the toilet?

There are a few more but can't remember them right now. I am sure someone else will fill them in.

Not a question, but this still creases me up:

It was a P&O cruise from the UK to Spain, France, Italy.

2 cruisers bought stamps from Reception when docked in Barcelona. They bought cards in Monaco, and wrote them on the way to Italy.

I saw them sticking on stamps, and asked where they'd bought them. At reception? Were they selling Italian stamps already, then?

The reply, as they licked stamps bearing the head of the King of Spain, was that they could post them anywhere, because they were P&O stamps.....

Jo.

I think I heard all these jokes on our first cruise in 1998 and on every cruise since then. Which is why we stopped going to the welcome aboard shows to hear the CD say them again.

Oh, no one mentioned how to shower in these tiny bathrooms....soap up and just spin around :rolleyes:

Heard them all on every cruise on 3 different lines and every CD swore THEY were asked the question.;)

Wish they would come up with some new material already.:p

I think I've seen some questions on CC that were just as silly as the over used ones.:D

LOL! That's hilarious! I still find those cheesy little jokes and questions very funny and I'm an experienced cruiser enough to have heard the same thing on several different cruise lines. A tad embarrassingly so, I'm still entertained by toilet jokes. That familiar sound is one that I long for (because it means I'm on a cruise) and also can't help chuckle at - in addition to the reactions of obviously new cruisers.

Some of the other CD regulars -

Does the crew sleep on board? - Followed by no we have the lifeboats take them back to shore at night or we have extra boats we pull along behind for them

The version I heard on my first cruise (and every cruise since) was answered "no, a helicopter picks them up", followed by the CD saying that when the woman who asked did her end-of-cruise comment card, she wrote that the only complaint she had was the noise of the helicopters each night.

On our Panama Canal cruise we stopped in Limon, Costa Rica. The day we stopped, it was raining pretty good in the morning. DW and I were at the passenger service desk getting a copy of our bill when another passenger asked one of the other staff this question. "it's raining outside and we are suppose to go on a tour of the rainforest. Is the tour still going?". To which the staff replied, "yes, the tour to the rainforest is still going despite the rain". We had to chuckle a bit to ourselves. We thought rain forests are called that for a reason, maybe because it rains there. Was our morning entertainment.

The version I heard on my first cruise (and every cruise since) was answered "no, a helicopter picks them up", followed by the CD saying that when the woman who asked did her end-of-cruise comment card, she wrote that the only complaint she had was the noise of the helicopters each night.

:eek: There really is one every crowd :rolleyes:

My brother-in-law was in line at the Purser's Desk one afternoon and the woman in front of him was screaming at the Purser. She stated that the cruise line was stealing from her because of the time zone change. Furthermore, she railed, we had daylight savings time while onboard and now the line was stealing even MORE of her cruise.

She was demanding a refund. My brother-in-law almost pee'd his pants he was laughing so hard.

I have some questions/comments from when I worked for Princess Tours in Alaska at their Denali Princess Lodge:

1. "Do you accept American money?"

2. "What time do you let the animals out into the park?"

3. "Do you bring the animals in when it rains?"

4. "What is the exchange rate between American money and Alaskan money?"

5. "I can't believe we're in Russia!"

6. Pointing up at a raven, "Look! Do you see that eagle!?"

7. "Why can't I cruise to Fairbanks?"

8. "Considering the curvature of the earth, can you see Denali from Seattle?"

Honest to goodness these questions/comments were either asked or overheard. I love tourists! :)

I have heard all kinds of excuses people have used to try and get money back from a cruise, but stealing time is priceless, that is so funny!

My brother-in-law was in line at the Purser's Desk one afternoon and the woman in front of him was screaming at the Purser. She stated that the cruise line was stealing from her because of the time zone change. Furthermore, she railed, we had daylight savings time while onboard and now the line was stealing even MORE of her cruise.

She was demanding a refund. My brother-in-law almost pee'd his pants he was laughing so hard.

I have some questions/comments from when I worked for Princess Tours in Alaska at their Denali Princess Lodge:

Honest to goodness these questions/comments were either asked or overheard. I love tourists! :)

I think I heard all these jokes on our first cruise in 1998 and on every cruise since then. Which is why we stopped going to the welcome aboard shows to hear the CD say them again.

Oh, no one mentioned how to shower in these tiny bathrooms....soap up and just spin around :rolleyes:

1st PP....Yes. :p

2nd PP....I soap the walls and then get in.:rolleyes:

We were all newbies once, though, weren't we?:rolleyes:

Whenever they say these jokes I sound like I'm a newbie because I still laugh histerically at them!:D It's another proof that I'm on vacation and more specifically a cruise!

It's funny but incredibly sad. These people vote and raise children.

At some point it became acceptable not to learn anything (including common sense) in school.

Archived