How Many swim suits/trunks?

tmee

So I have seen us ladies answer this question, I generally take three (one for the spa, one for the beach, and one to wear if the one of the others are wet), but I was asked how many swim suits/trunks should a man bring on a 7 day Carribean cruise... and I have no idea.

I don't even know how long it would take for swim trunks to dry! (It seems like it would take longer than a bathing suit...? I don't think there will be any bringing of the speedo or thong suit :))

How many pieces of swim gear do you gentlmen pack or how many do you ladies pack for your gentlemen :)?

...men's don't vary much in appearance!

Hmm, maybe your husband's don't, but mine's do:p

Depending on the length of the trip, he'll take 3-4. But at least 2 prs will be the Columbia nylon shorts he can wear all day - they just happen to be quick dry so he can wear in the water if he wants. If he's planning to snorkel or dive, he'll bring a pair of squarecut trunks - since I disallowed speedos when we met. HUbby is particularly finicky about his swimear - hates board shorts, wants as little fabric billowing about his legs as possible. We negotiate heavily in this arena:rolleyes: He doesn't like the columbia nylon shorts for actual swimming - they're good if we're going kayaking, hiking, rafting etc - *might* get wet but the sole purpose of the activity isn't swimming. They're too long and have too much fabric, you see:eek:

I pack 3 or 4 pair of board shorts for hubby and I bring a couple of sport type bikinis for snorkeling and more active excursions for me plus I pack 1 bikini for each sea day plus 1 for each day of the cruise to wear to the jacuzzi in the evening. So for me I usually pack like 10 or 11 bikinis for a week cruise because I don't wear the same one more than once. And they take so little room so why not just throw them in.

We take 2 each. Even though we have more variety at home for the neighborhood pool, we just take one to dry and one to wear. Men's trunks are now made of material that dries pretty fast so they really don't take any longer. We have a bit of an advantage because we have a balcony and we clothes pin them to the back of a chair when we shower before dinner. We find that by the time we get back from dinner, the swimsuits are almost dry and we bring them inside for the rest of the drying process. We are light packers and if someone at the pool says they've seen our swimsuits before, we realize we have gotten way too drunk and made too much of a spectacle of ourselves and we tone it down for the rest of the week :p.

We take enough so that we don't have to wear them more than twice. We wear a suit every day so 3-4 is about right for a week.

Thats us, on a seven day I take 4 or 5 for dh and for me I take 2 skirted bottems, 1brown and 1 black with 4 tops that match with those and two whole piece ones

We are light packers and if someone at the pool says they've seen our swimsuits before, we realize we have gotten way too drunk and made too much of a spectacle of ourselves and we tone it down for the rest of the week :p.

Yea, it's doubtful anyone would say anything if you repeated your bikini. But I have so many cute ones I can't bear to leave them home and wear the same ones over and over. Plus we like to take lots and lots of pics each day and I can tell by the bikini which island/sea day the pics are from.

DH takes 2 or 3 since they look like shorts and he can wear them on the ship and on shore. I take a skirted bottom, tankini bottom and 2 tankini tops to match. I also take my swim shorts, if they fit at the time of the cruise. :rolleyes:

7 night cruise, me: 3 tops and 3 bottoms totally interchangeable

Him: 3 + a couple of hiking/lined shorts that could be beach wear or day wear.

I'm in the "packing everything, eliminating things one by one.." mode

p.s. I'm a big gal, and my suits take up ALOT of room.. the more fabric the better..

• 5 months later...

Archived