No Free Internet Like Royal Caribbean?

gemz

As a past passenger with Royal Caribbean, we get a coupon booklet with free internet access (eg, 15 mins/person), buy one drink, get one free, discount coupons in their stores, etc. As a past passenger with Princess, will there be any free internet or coupon booklet?

Thanks.

There are two coupons books.

The first is the Princess coupon folio that everybody gets. Best purpose: coasters for you bevvie.

The second coupon book is a gift from certain TAs. It has some good coupons, including a highly coveted 2 for 1 coffee card coupon.:)

As a past passenger with Royal Caribbean, we get a coupon booklet with free internet access (eg, 15 mins/person), buy one drink, get one free, discount coupons in their stores, etc. As a past passenger with Princess, will there be any free internet or coupon booklet?

Thanks.

You get free internet once you become platinum level.

Princess doesn't give out coupon books for complimentary internet minutes. They do have coupon books, but internet minutes are not given our for free with a coupon. But once you hit platinum or Elite status in the Captain's circle, you get a lot of complimentary internet minutes without a coupon.

If you sign up for an internet package the first day onboard, or purchase internet before you leave through the gift section on princess.com, they do add on extra complimentary minutes though, so you might have a look at doing that.

I have 2 cruises on RCCL and 2 on Princess. IMO, the past passenger coupons and gifts (tote bag) are better on RCCL. However, Princess gives much better past passenger cruise rates (our upcoming cruise we are saving $75 pp for an inside vs same room for new passengers) and I would much rather save money on my overall cruise than get 15 mins free internet and free lunch at Jonny Rockets

I have 2 cruises on RCCL and 2 on Princess. IMO, the past passenger coupons and gifts (tote bag) are better on RCCL. However, Princess gives much better past passenger cruise rates (our upcoming cruise we are saving $75 pp for an inside vs same room for new passengers) and I would much rather save money on my overall cruise than get 15 mins free internet and free lunch at Jonny Rockets

And the Elite perks on Princess are fabulous, but you have to sail over 15 princess cruises to reach that status. They are some of the best on all the main stream cruise lines IMHO!

I've cruised four times with RCCL and never got a thing. Probably before they saw Princess offering so many great perks to their repeat passengers. For my upcoming cruise on Friday, I'll get 250 minutes. That trumps 15 by a mile. You just need five Princess cruises to get the free Internet. Plus, Princess allows TAs to discount cruise fares so I'd rather pay a lot less for my cruise to start with without having to be a past passenger, although Princess has those discounts as well.

Once you reach platinum level on your 6th cruise you get a $75 credit which allows you to get the 150 minute package. If your traveling partner is also platinum they also get a $75 credit. So you can be on the net for 5 hours between the two accounts.

Hope that helps.

framer

It takes more than 15 minutes to get connected to the internet (if you're lucky), so what is RCCL giving you???

RCCL is not giving very much away and they are stopping pax taking on their own water and soda

It takes more than 15 minutes to get connected to the internet (if you're lucky), so what is RCCL giving you???

It's probably long enough to print your airline boarding passes at the end of the cruise...:rolleyes:

RCCL is not giving very much away and they are stopping pax taking on their own water and soda

We save significantly more bringing our own soda onboard Princess than the 15 minutes of free internet would ever save us on RCCL...

Jeez, I like Princess plenty, and have never cruised RCI (hope to try it someday - just for a different experience) but this topic is turning kind of icky for someone who just asked a simple question.

I totally agree...we like both cruiselines, and each offers pros and cons over the other, yet it all balances out to a comparable cruising experience. IMHO these two cruiselines are the most alike than any of the others. When discussions like this take an "icky" turn, it's not very productive or informative. Why can't fans of both these cruiselines just get along, as they both deliver a wonderful product.

And the Elite perks on Princess are fabulous, but you have to sail over 15 princess cruises to reach that status. They are some of the best on all the main stream cruise lines IMHO!

Don't forget, Princess rewards solos with double cruise credits.:)

I'm working on it!!

Thank you everyone for all the information. Yes, definitely pros & cons with RCCL & Princess. It was the itinerary that I like with Princess. Every cruiseline has their good & bad but not one is perfect. I will pre-book my internet service.

Thanks again!

You might not find Princess past passenger pricing to be all that good. They target certain sales to certain loyalty club passengers, and sometimes a person with 2 or 3 Princess cruises gets better pricing (from the same TA) than I do as Elite. We generally combine our RC Crown and Anchor coupons with military or senior rates, and they really are extremely price competitive.

• 1 month later...
If you sign up for an internet package the first day onboard, or purchase internet before you leave through the gift section on princess.com, they do add on extra complimentary minutes though, so you might have a look at doing that.

So does that mean the 120 minute package at $58.95 already includes the 20 "bonus" minutes as the Web site says? Or do you get another 20 minutes on top of the 120? Same with the 190 minute package ("includes 40 bonus minutes")? Thanks...we leave on Oct. 30 on Crown and as a "self-employed" business owner I unfortunately have to stay connected when I travel.

This will be our first Princess cruise...we cruised RCCL last summer to Alaska with a group of 8 and it was a great experience! I have heard good things about Princess from a friend who cruises them quite frequently.

When you pre-purchase online before boarding, the bonus minutes are included. If you purchase onboard, you get bonus minutes but only if you do so the first day. As with RCCL, there is never a guarantee that there will be Internet service or anything that approachs usable speed.

Thanks.

My last RCI cruise 2 years ago would not allow wine to be brought onboard whether you wanted to consume it in your cabin or pay a corkage fee in the dining room. Even receiving a free bottle of wine as part of their winery shore excursion, they confiscated it until the night before disembarkation.

Each cruise line has pros & cons and hope you find the one that works best for you. I prefer the Princess cruise experience & their itineraries work best for us. But I had a good time on RCI, Carnival & Costa also...all good but Princess is my 1st choice...good luck on your decision.

Archived