Is CC updating username and password info?

imsulin

Tried to log in an hour ago, and had to use my username (imsulin), but also had to enter my password. It's been over five years and I'll be darned if I can remember! (I've actually been a member since 2000, but the cruisecritic/AOL thing deleted all of that.) Anyway, had to get a temporary password using UserCP, and then enter a permanent one. Anyone else having this problem? Thanks!

Thanks! I haven't had to do the username/password for over five years. Just wondering if this was a CC snarl! I was REALLY surprised when I tried to log onto CC earlier today. Got a notice saying: "Why haven't you registered yet?" Really weird! I think it's a CC snafu....just wondering if anyone else encountered this today.

Thanks, all!

On my old computer, with Windows XP, I stay logged in all the timeunless I clear cookies. I used to stay logged in all the time on my Vista computer, but not any more. I think it has to do with windows updates. My newest computer has windows 7, and it logs me off if I am inactive for a period of time, maybe less than an hour...But I seem to be able to stay logged in when I use Chrome. EM

It happened again today, but used my username and password (which I had to change two days ago). I also have the (dreaded) Vista. I'm wondering if Vista is the problem? The AOL thing was a HUGE problem back in 2005-6! I lost all of my posts since joining in 2000....via AOL. which I haven't had for eight years. MANY CC posters went through the same thing back then! Nightmare! Well, thanks, everyone, for your replies! I'm just wondering how much longer I'll have to "register" as a new user???? Also, the dates and times of my "last visitation" are totally messed up.

CC Mods....what is going on? TIA.

Its not you, we have had this happen twice in the last six weeks. Then it sent A e mail that A.O.L. is the problem, only were with COMCAST. There are other posts about this , some about 3 weeks ago.

And I'm with Charter. I've never received an e-mail from Cruisecritic about this problem. Just the usual promotional stuff. Thanks.

Archived