Oasis - Awesome - My Picture Review

Aquahound

Time to give RC's marketing department a call. This one needs to go on the RC website, on Gifts 'n' Gear. They'll sell twice as much wine with this on the site!

Thanks, Carol. It's amazing what one can do with a free bottle of wine! :D

........ I'm glad I could display the finer points of Oasis, my new favorite ship class. :)

I hope we'll love that class of ship too after experiencing the Allure in January. Up to now, our favorite class has been the Freedom, followed closely by the Voyager class, which is very convenient for us with the Freedom sailing from Port Canaveral. So if the Oasis class becomes our new favorite it won't be as convenient for us.

We love smaller ships as well. Love the Radiance and Jewell too.

I hope we'll love that class of ship too after experiencing the Allure in January. Up to now, our favorite class has been the Freedom, followed closely by the Voyager class, which is very convenient for us with the Freedom sailing from Port Canaveral. So if the Oasis class becomes our new favorite it won't be as convenient for us.

We love smaller ships as well. Love the Radiance and Jewell too.

Maria, it sounds like your ship likes are similar to mine. If Freedom is your current favorite, Oasis is almost sure to pass it on your favorites list. Enjoy your Jan cruise! :)

Thats is...right up until this guy decided to stand in front of me...

2278654680080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

Oh dear lord.....

Anyway, did you go to the M&M, Paul? I don't remember meeting you!

This cruise was absolutely UNBELIEVABLE! The ship is beyond words. Central Park is the most relaxing, quiet, place in the evenings with the most beautiful breezes. I expected to encounter WAY more people on this ship, but it was just the opposite.

Yeah, just compare the presentation, though.

Which is more likely to send you straight for your credit card?

This:

2145131460077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

or THIS:

2825497070080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

;) ;)

You're absolutely right, Carol. I think the bottom photo would sell it.

After seeing six bottles of Beringer white zin for $26 at Costco today, I still have a hard time going along with their five bottle price.

But I do like that wine "machine" outside the dining rooms and expect I'll be making a stop there a few times!

You're absolutely right, Carol. I think the bottom photo would sell it.

After seeing six bottles of Beringer white zin for $26 at Costco today, I still have a hard time going along with their five bottle price.

But I do like that wine "machine" outside the dining rooms and expect I'll be making a stop there a few times!

Yeah, but would you go on a cruise IN COSTCO?!?!?!?!? ;) :D

Anyway, did you go to the M&M, Paul? I don't remember meeting you!

This cruise was absolutely UNBELIEVABLE! The ship is beyond words. Central Park is the most relaxing, quiet, place in the evenings with the most beautiful breezes. I expected to encounter WAY more people on this ship, but it was just the opposite.

Unbelievable doesn't even begin to describe it.

No, Christie, I missed the M&M. I was with a group of family and friends on this cruise, so it was hard for me to break away.

Yes, there are plenty of free venues for food. You do not have to pay for anything unless you really want to. For example, the MDR offers both a buffet and a served breakfast. Johnny Rockets also serves a free hot breakfast.

Thanks for the review, I loved it like everyone else.

What does Johnny Rockets serve for breakfast... breakfast food or hamburgers with onion rings?

Anyone know what the pricing was on the wine dispenser by the MDR? They didn't have that on last years Oasis... hopefully they will for the Allure!

There were different dispensers with different levels of wine quality. The one in the picture was $9 for a full glass. A half glass was something like $5 and a 1/4 glass was just under $3.

You had mentioned that D+ were allowed up in the area reserved for suites at the pool. Is this new? Do they just check your sea pass card?

Jodi, that I was not sure of. D+ could use the reserved suite seating in the theaters, but I do not know if they were allowed on the reserved pool deck area. I did not try.

Do you have to pay for JR for breakfast? Do you need to make a reservation or just show up? And lastly, do they sing and dance hat early int he morning?

You can just show up, and it is free. I did not see any singing and dancing in the morning.

Yeah, just compare the presentation, though.

Which is more likely to send you straight for your credit card?

This:

2145131460077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

or THIS:

2825497070080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

;) ;)

Lets get real. This is the true shot that will send people running for those credit cards.

2278654680080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading right through this post - thank you for going into such detail. We are an Aussie family who love to cruise together. We have cruised Princess and Hal with destination taking the priority. Things have changed with my teens now reaching the end of their teen club years (DS=18 & DD=17) and me battling cancer.Whilst my spirits and fighting spirit are hanging in there, my medical team are encouraging me to look at my bucket list and do what I can for now...and then come back and have another turn later on.I just think it would be amazing fun for us all to cruise on this ship together - especially as my son is aiming to join our Navy in March. My DH enjoys cruising but has always placed the emphasis on the ports that we absolutely fully explore but this time I have said to him to think of this holiday as a fun resort with a bonus option of port exploration.With a strong chance of a break from chemo from December, it has been suggested that I look at travelling in January/February. I don't think I am up to much sightseeing but this ship seems to have everything on board to keep us happy - just wish it wasn't such a long flight to get there. If I can go, naturally I will look at options to break the journey along the way. I'm off to the oncologist in the morning and will discuss travel options with her. Sorry - I'm wafting as it is 2:30am here and another sleepless night. Anyway, we would be leaving our beautiful summer weather at this time (and we live 5 minutes from gorgeous beaches) so I am curious as to what the weather would be over there in January/February. Also - am I correct in thinking Hurricane season would be over?

Jen

Breakfast food.

DSCN9955-1.jpg

thank you, putting on my glasses to read as we speak. On my "to do" list.

I also want a ride on the carosel (sp). I saw the Natl Geo special on Oasis and watched them building it to take the wave motion. Is this free? if not what is the cost to ride?

Good luck to you. I hope you get to enjoy Oasis with your family. If you decide not to (that flight is crazy long) I hope you find something else amazing to do. Keep fighting and stay strong.

Kathy

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading right through this post - thank you for going into such detail. We are an Aussie family who love to cruise together. We have cruised Princess and Hal with destination taking the priority. Things have changed with my teens now reaching the end of their teen club years (DS=18 & DD=17) and me battling cancer.Whilst my spirits and fighting spirit are hanging in there, my medical team are encouraging me to look at my bucket list and do what I can for now...and then come back and have another turn later on.I just think it would be amazing fun for us all to cruise on this ship together - especially as my son is aiming to join our Navy in March. My DH enjoys cruising but has always placed the emphasis on the ports that we absolutely fully explore but this time I have said to him to think of this holiday as a fun resort with a bonus option of port exploration.With a strong chance of a break from chemo from December, it has been suggested that I look at travelling in January/February. I don't think I am up to much sightseeing but this ship seems to have everything on board to keep us happy - just wish it wasn't such a long flight to get there. If I can go, naturally I will look at options to break the journey along the way. I'm off to the oncologist in the morning and will discuss travel options with her. Sorry - I'm wafting as it is 2:30am here and another sleepless night. Anyway, we would be leaving our beautiful summer weather at this time (and we live 5 minutes from gorgeous beaches) so I am curious as to what the weather would be over there in January/February. Also - am I correct in thinking Hurricane season would be over?

Jen

The winters here are very mild and the Caribbean is still warm enough to enjoy the beaches at that time of the year. You are correct that hurricane season is long gone during Jan/Feb...you are safe in that regard. I know the flight is horrific, we will be making our first journey to Sydney next November on the Century. Good luck to you and your family in making your cruise plans.

Happy cruising...Joanne

I also want a ride on the carosel (sp). I saw the Natl Geo special on Oasis and watched them building it to take the wave motion. Is this free? if not what is the cost to ride?

Yes, it is free....and I actually found it to be more fun than I thought it would be.

2905018450080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

Paul...I have no plans to go on Oasis or Allure, because I prefer the smaller ships in the RCCL fleet, but your photos and review could help push me over the edge...

Great review...thanks for sharing with all of us!

BILL

I have to agree with Bill, both my wife and I prefer the smaller ships, especially after a mediocre experience on Freedom, but your review makes me want to reconsider. (Which means RCCL's website must need an overhaul - hint to the RCCL employees that monitor this forum)

I am still not ready to run out and book the Oasis, I think the price point is still too high, I would rather go on two smaller ship cruises for the price of 1 on Oasis. But from what I have seen, I would say it goes from a "Never" to a "Maybe"

Archived