Bon Voyage Bazzaw

Kiwi Kruzer

Thank you to those of you that captured those great pictures, of going through the canal and San Francisco, Couldn't see anyone waving! We take a large Aussie flag on overseas cruises for waving at webcams so those at home can try and pick us out. Have just found a video of the day Arcadia left UK with 6 ships in Southampton it is on a blog called Linerlovers Blog, the blog is about Azura's world cruise, linerlovers.wordpress.com. There is one of someone called Steve Read looking around some of the ships and also video of them coming in and leaving. Not sure how to post the link.

Sheila

Thank you to those of you that captured those great pictures, of going through the canal and San Francisco, Couldn't see anyone waving! We take a large Aussie flag on overseas cruises for waving at webcams so those at home can try and pick us out. Have just found a video of the day Arcadia left UK with 6 ships in Southampton it is on a blog called Linerlovers Blog, the blog is about Azura's world cruise, linerlovers.wordpress.com. There is one of someone called Steve Read looking around some of the ships and also video of them coming in and leaving. Not sure how to post the link.

Sheila

Here is the link http://linerlovers.wordpress.com/

It sounds like you're having a wonderful time, Sheila, and thanks for finding my blog! :D I'm glad you enjoyed the videos. I'm only sorry the weather made me decide to go home instead of getting the rest leaving (as I normally would). I LOVE horn battles so we'd have got another when Arcadia passed Queen Victoria. Enjoy the rest of your cruise. :)

It sounds like you're having a wonderful time, Sheila, and thanks for finding my blog! :D I'm glad you enjoyed the videos. I'm only sorry the weather made me decide to go home instead of getting the rest leaving (as I normally would). I LOVE horn battles so we'd have got another when Arcadia passed Queen Victoria. Enjoy the rest of your cruise. :)

Hi Southampton Cruiser, unfortunately I am not on a cruise, only a virtual one !! this thread is following a Blog by Bazzaw who is on a cruise on Arcadia at the moment, having sailed to the UK on the Oriana, his blog is great for cruise tragics who have to work to pay for the next one! I have been checking out some of your other videos, particularly pleased to see one of QE2 in Fremantle in 2006, I was at the docks that day watching her go out, but from the terminal, didn't take any pics because didn't know she was going to be there until the day.

Sheila

Ah, not long to go now! Wonder how long it will take him to get his land legs back? He has another short cruise (2-dayer??) straight after this one.

Good heavens NO Sandi...:D:D

Its 6 days:):)

on QM2.....;)

That will seem so short after his long voyage.

Good heavens NO Sandi...:D:D

Its 6 days:):)

on QM2.....;)

That will seem so short after his long voyage.

Oh, is it the 6-dayer! Knew it was the QM2. Sigghhh, I'm smiley_green_with_envy.gif

Oh, and I believe several other posters will be going too, won't they?

Yes, interesting observations.

From your experience, David, which of the current ships do you feel are ocean liners?

ORIANA

AURORA,

Why?

Built by P&O before they were Carnivalised

Lord Sterling...

(call me Geoffrey)

insisted that P&O needed new a new fleet,

and ordered and built ships that could traverse the world

and not look like floating blocks of apartments.

both ships have become classic Ocean Liners.

ORIANA

AURORA,

Why?

Built by P&O before they were Carnivalised

Lord Sterling...

(call me Geoffrey)

insisted that P&O needed new a new fleet,

and ordered and built ships that could traverse the world

and not look like floating blocks of apartments.

both ships have become classic Ocean Liners.

Don't you mean cannibalized! :eek:

Apologies, Arcadia was not in Port Denarau on 4th February she was in Pago Pago - American Samoa.

Arcadia is in Port Denarau today instead.

ShowImage.aspx?i=123877

ARCADIA at ShipWatcher

My fault!, got the dates wrong!

That's good. I thought she must have had jet propulsion to get to Fiji so quickly. :D:D Thanks for posting these images.

It was interesting to read Barry's impressions of Pago Pago. We agree. We love it. It was interesting to read his comment that the Destination Lecturer made negative remarks about the port.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news Barry and Christine but you are about to be down to single figure days left on this cruise......look forward to your return to the boards...cheers Shiona

Don't feel too sad for Barry and Christine, Shiona, as they are off to NZ on QM2 on 23/2! A nice come down, if ever there was one!

Hi Southampton Cruiser, unfortunately I am not on a cruise, only a virtual one !! this thread is following a Blog by Bazzaw who is on a cruise on Arcadia at the moment, having sailed to the UK on the Oriana, his blog is great for cruise tragics who have to work to pay for the next one! I have been checking out some of your other videos, particularly pleased to see one of QE2 in Fremantle in 2006, I was at the docks that day watching her go out, but from the terminal, didn't take any pics because didn't know she was going to be there until the day.

Sheila

Hi Sheila,

Thanks for the correction. It's still a good thread. I love the internet for being able to follow them around. Not called ship stalking for nothing. ;) I'm glad you enjoyed the QE2 video. I stayed 5 weeks with my friend just for that moment (she suggested I go for Australia Day). Now my friend has one cruise under her belt and she's flying over in July for our cruise on Aurora. She insists she's not into ships yet got photos of QE2's final call in Fremantle and QM2's first for me so I think she protests too much. :D It's a shame you didn't know QE2 would be there. Who'd have thought it would be the penultimate visit? She must have been an amazing site watching her from the terminal. I liked that whole area, allowing you to get closer to the ships than many (including around Southampton).

Archived