Bon Voyage Bazzaw

Kiwi Kruzer

Hi everybody

Just a short note to thank you all for your support and "followings' over the past 6 weeks. This is the first opportunity for me to get onto CC since we left Brisbane. I had reasonable success in posting to my Blog - by emailing the posts to Blogger.com . It works reasonably well and you can do almost everything off line, but you are limited in how you can format the blog. Also the ship's internet system is very slow, so the attached photos can unfortunately only be quite small.

Almost 800 Aussies joined Oriana in Sydney/Brisbane - most got off in Singapore/Hong Kong , but there were still 262 onboard just before we arrived in the UK. We had a bit of a get together for those returning on Arcadia - and there were about 100 at that ( although I suspect there will be more on embarkation)

I will have access to this Forum for the next week or so - so if anyone who has any specific questions, I would be most pleased to attempt to answer them

Barry

• 3 weeks later...

Here is the itinerary for Barrys Homeward cruise to Brisbane....

05 Jan 2011 Southampton - Great Britain

08 Jan 2011 Ponta Delgada - Portugal

13 Jan 2011 Barbados - Barbados

15 Jan 2011 Aruba - Netherlands Antilles

17 Jan 2011 Transit Panama Canal . Daytime transit

20 Jan 2011 Acapulco - Mexico

24 Jan 2011 San Francisco - USA

29 Jan 2011 Honolulu, Oahu - Hawaii

03 Feb 2011 Pago Pago - American Samoa

06 Feb 2011 Port Denarau - Fiji

09 Feb 2011 Auckland - New Zealand

12 Feb 2011 Sydney - Australia 2 Full Days

15 Feb 2011 Brisbane - Australia

I am not too keen on the latest entry in Barrys blog.....

HOLD ON TIGHT BARRY..

Oh Boy...a Force 11 Atlantic storm

thats all ready cancelled the call at Ponta Delgada.:eek::eek:

Yes I just read the blog, Force 11 - violent storm, 40 to 50 foot seas, 60 knot winds, having been in one off NZ, they are not nice.

Barry also comments Arcadia is shaking a bit, well it would heading into a force 11.

As Kiwi said, they missed the Azores and are now heading for Barbados, albeit on half throttle probably to minimize the shake, rattle and roll.

Good luck to all on Arcadia.

We ran into an Atlantic storm on Canberra in Nov 1984.

We had heaps of fun, (after taking sea sickness pills),

standing, or trying to stand in the Crows Nest Bar,

and watching the waves break over the top of us.

Thats how big they were.:eek:

and it lasted for 5 days:eek:

Arcadia with Bazzaw on board, now has 7 days at sea, as they missed the Azores. They don't get to Barbados until 13 January. With the state of the the Atlantic they sure will have their sea legs pretty quickly.

We also have been in a monster of a storm in the Atlantic - at the point of no return - on a small ship compared to those nowadays. Our cabin was near the bow and they covered the portholes with strong metal covers. We spent all night holding onto our 6 month old baby.:eek: Was certainly a trial rocking and rolling round the ship with our 'bundle'. Luckily we didn't get seasick.

I think furniture was attached then - I remember the dining tables had 'edges' which were raised, and water was thrown over the tablecloths so they wouldn't slide off the tables easily.

I've yet to see one of these storms from a web/ bridge cam, they know when to switch them off.

I tried a couple of times today Sunday to get Arcadia webCam up, no picture. Maybe P&O don't want us to see Arcadia tossing and turning in the wild Atlantic, pity that censoring? We want to see our Barry Bazzaw gripping onto the rails with the salt spray turning his hair white ! lol.

I'm often on youtube.

The footage is mostly done by passengers with their own cameras, I haven't found any from the ships own web cam, so far. Have you any links? :)

We are just about to go over our bandwidth cap for this month, so I can’t find any link to post at the moment, but I will post a link or two in the next few days once our cap gets reset. (It the mean time search for Pacfic Dawn storm and Regal Princess storm NZ)

We want to see our Barry Bazzaw gripping onto the rails with the salt spray turning his hair white ! lol.

:D:D:p:D love it les.....i have some footage of one of Johns Atlantic crossings on the Ellinis....will have a look see for it and post online so we can enjoy....whooops get an idea of Barry and Christine's rock n roll ride....

cheers Shiona

Archived