Bon Voyage Bazzaw

Kiwi Kruzer

Barry has updated his blog, also with some lovely photos of their cabin. Looks very nice.

Looks very nice indeed.

Anyone looking for Barrys blog, can find it here,

http://ukagain2010.blogspot.com/

or just go back to his post on page 1 of this thread ,

click on his name and visit his homepage.

Barry turned down Lobster for Calfs Liver.

Sounds like Barry is enjoying ship life and the British food on Oriana.

I was turned off Calf's Liver for life, after receiving a huge plate of liver on its own, when I ordered it in NZ because I was told it was good for pregnant women. Sounds like Barry would have been in his element!

Sounds like Barry is enjoying ship life and the British food on Oriana.

I was turned off Calf's Liver for life, after receiving a huge plate of liver on its own, when I ordered it in NZ because I was told it was good for pregnant women. Sounds like Barry would have been in his element!

Do you have the link to his blog please :)

Bazzaw is currently up near the tip of Cape York on their way to Manilla (Phillipines) http://www.pocruises.com/Cruise-Ships/Oriana/Ship-Webcams/

Thanks for the update Stan.

We will have to wait till Barry posts, but from the current position looks like they will sail through Torres Strait during the night.

What do others reckon?

They are not showing up on AIS.:mad:

Pfffft Jas!!!!! :rolleyes: Hehe!

Named after these.............

Booby_nazca-masked-RLP.jpg

They come in many breed's and just so other members know what we are chatting about.

as the red booby, brown booby, Abbots booby, anzca booby, masked booby,

Blue-Footed Booby

1.The blue-footed booby, Sula neboxuii, spends its life on the open sea, except during breeding when it comes on shore, preferring secluded islands. Its range is the Gulf of California south to Peru.

Abbot's Booby

2.The critically endangered Abbot's booby, Sula abbotti, is found only on Christmas Island, a small island in the Indian Ocean south of Java. According to the Earth's Endangered Creatures website, there are only about 2,000 of them in the world. Abbot's boobies are social, residing in large colonies located on cliffs when not in the ocean feasting on fish and squid. They nest on the top of trees instead of on the ground, a feature unique among boobies.

Red-Footed Booby

3.The red-footed booby, Sula sula, is the smallest booby. They live year-round in subtropical and tropical regions of the Pacific, Atlantic and Indian oceans. According the National Geographic, these birds feed at sea but come onto nest to roost in coastal shrubs and trees, nesting on land.

Masked Booby

4.The masked booby, Sula dactylatra, lives in the Caribbean. According to the National Audubon Society, the masked booby's natural range expands across the Pacific Ocean to Hawaii, Australia and Indonesia. In the United States, it breeds in the Hawaiian Islands and the Dry Tortugas in the Florida Keys. The species is regularly seen in the Gulf of Mexico and as far north as North Carolina. In winter, they forage throughout tropical oceans.

Brown Booby

5.The brown booby, Sula leucogaster, is a widespread seabird in tropical waters, native to the Americas, Asia, Africa, Australia and Europe. The brown booby is a summer visitor to the Caribbean Sea and Gulf Coast and is occasionally seen in California's Salton Sea. Mostly pelagic, it comes on shore to breed on coastal islands.

Nazca Booby

6.The Nazca booby, Sula granti, is a newly recognized species that used to be considered a subspecies of the masked booby. Nazca Booby is endemic to islands of the Pacific, primarily the Galapagos islands and nearby Clipperton Island. It occasionally occurs on the Revillagigedo Islands off Baja California.

Archived