Crown & Anchor Society level changes

[quote name='christi1805']Thanks for pointing me into the right direction. If that will be implemented, unfortunately we are screwed again: last year when we missed Platinum to Diamond ( we than rushed 2010 into a booking spree with I believe 43 sea-days (running through and passing Diamond level) in order to reach D+ in May 2011. So again bye bye to the next level although it was almost in reach......miss it by ONE 14 day cruise which is already booked....:confused:[/quote]
you spent thousand and thousands just to try and get D+?
To be D+ would have saved you a few dollars on drinks (if you chose to go to the overcrowded lounge) and an extra $100- $150 on a balcony.
A few other things too, but not worth thousands by a mile

[quote name='beachbuddy']Seems some people are surprised about these changes happening........there's been rumor about it for at least the past year. [/quote]
Actually it was not a rumor. It was posted on Adam's "Why Not?" Blog; "Finally, as we have intimated previously, we look forward to introducing more enhancements to the Crown & Anchor Society in the not too distant future." You can find it here: [URL]http://www.nationofwhynot.com/blog/?p=1533[/URL]
Looking forward to those enhancements on January 12th, just before sailing on the Jewel of the Seas!

[quote name='Scotty G']Actually it was not a rumor. It was posted on Adam's "Why Not?" Blog; "Finally, as we have intimated previously, we look forward to introducing more enhancements to the Crown & Anchor Society in the not too distant future." You can find it here: [URL]http://www.nationofwhynot.com/blog/?p=1533[/URL]
Looking forward to those enhancements on January 12th, just before sailing on the Jewel of the Seas![/QUOTE]

LOL.......yeah well, they always call them enhancements.........just like the new enhanced Diamond Event..........LOL NOT!

[quote name='bob278']That's really interesting. I seldom find Celebrity's prices to be even the same as Royal's before I consider the discount. We were booked on the Eclipse TA in October coupled with a 16-night med cruise just before it. We switched to the Voyager b2b2b in a Junior Suite (compared to a balcony cabin on Eclipse) and saved nearly $800 per person. The three cruises are one day less than the 2 were on Eclipse, but we have a much nicer cabin and get more time in Venice which was our original target.

I am hoping seriously that they will add combining to the top one or two tiers as a benefit. Nobody asked me, but I think it would be great to let D and D+ combine any two OBCs or discounts.

But I don't see how the Elite benefits are better. The free drinks are only for 2 hours (4:00 - 6:00) and have some limits and the internet and laundry are too similar to really say either is better (I am comparing our D+ benefits so the Diamond may be a tad less). And Elites get no discount on balconies or suites and the combining (or lack of it) is the same.

We love both cruise lines and have sailed on them almost equally. We have experienced highs and lows on both lines In general, I prefer the Royal ships and Celebrity service. But neither one is significantly better than the other in any category that matters to me.[/quote]

Sorry, I should have been more specific. We are Diamond.

On our next cruise, we have a balcony concierge on the Eclipse leaving February 11 for $899. Royal wants $1,339 today for a D1 which is probably slightly bigger. I forget what they wanted when we booked but it was more than $899.

Yes, the drinks are only two hours vs. longer in the Royal Diamond lounge. BUT we have early dinner so don't care if it is longer and they are mixed drinks not the swill wine that Royal gives the Diamonds. They have bloody Mary's and Mimosas in the breakfast area set aside if you want. Not sure Royal has that in their dining room for Diamonds not being a drinker in the early a.m. (lol). We have the concierge cabin perks which Royal does not have in the regular balconies. We have free dry cleaning of a garment, laundry for 30 pieces if we want (both a big help in our upcoming trans-Atlantic and B2B on the Constellation) more internet time, pressing of two garments, among other things we don't get on Royal being Elite on Celebrity.

I really can't compare the other two cruises as they are a trans-Atlantic to Amsterdam and a B2B to the Baltics which Royal doesn't offer. Our trans-Atlantic is $799 for an inside cabin. As you pointed out, no balcony discount which is why we went to an inside BUT we do get $250 OBC for owning stock which we wouldn't get on Royal if we took the balcony discount so it is almost a "wash." The cruise is 15 days vs. the usual 14 on Royal.

I agree that Celebrity is usually more expensive but there are situations where they are equal or not much more. I buy my cruises strictly for itinerary and bottom line price not for perks. However, perks do feed in with all things being equal.

Tucker in Texas

[quote name='beachbuddy']LOL.......yeah well, they always call them enhancements.........just like the new enhanced Diamond Event..........LOL NOT![/quote]

Now ya see-this actually was a good thing for those ships that do not have a diamond lounge. It was a huge improvement. Depending on how you look at it!! ;)
If Royal decides to cut back on who's allowed in what lounge-you may see this event getting the enhancements!! If you think about it-might not be a bad thing!!!

when we first started to cruise on RCL in 2006 one of things we wanted to do was to become diamond members we did that last month. I am glad we hit that before any changes took place and hopefully we will be grandfathered in which I believe we will. Today we recieved in the mail a nice form letter from Adam G with congrats on becoming diamond so for us it is now official.

We have very little interest in becoming diamond + that is way to many cruises on one cruise line and all though we like the RCL experience we also like the ability to try other lines out there which we have and will continue to do..

It will be interesting to see what they come up I can hardly wait this board wiill be doing a full tilt boogie in double time..

[quote name='beachbuddy']LOL.......yeah well, they always call them enhancements.........just like the new enhanced Diamond Event..........LOL NOT![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Debde']Now ya see-this actually was a good thing for those ships that do not have a diamond lounge. It was a huge improvement. Depending on how you look at it!! ;)
If Royal decides to cut back on who's allowed in what lounge-you may see this event getting the enhancements!! If you think about it-might not be a bad thing!!![/QUOTE]

Debde, make that "concierge lounge" and you are correct.

Exactly.

More than a quarter of the ships had NOTHING for D, D+ & Suites before the change.

Majesty, Monarch, Legend, Vision, Rhapsody, Grandeur - nada. At least now the so-called most loyal cruisers can get free wine, champagne and soda and 25% off other drinks.

If you don't like it, don't partake.

I hope that the changes are for the better becuase it will really suck if the program gets worse due to all the people griping that its not fair for short cruisers to get the same credits as long cruisers. people need to enjoy their cruises and not worry so much about their neighbors.

[quote name='Merion_Mom']Debde, make that "concierge lounge" and you are correct.

Exactly.

More than a quarter of the ships had NOTHING for D, D+ & Suites before the change.

Majesty, Monarch, Legend, Vision, Rhapsody, Grandeur - nada. At least now the so-called most loyal cruisers can get free wine, champagne and soda and 25% off other drinks.

If you don't like it, don't partake.[/QUOTE]

Agree that it was an enhancement on some ships but on Voyager ones it was not an enhancement! We don't even drink much but liked it because most of our friends that we cruise with are D+ and now we can't hang out with them.

Now ya see-this actually was a good thing for those ships that do not have a diamond lounge. It was a huge improvement. Depending on how you look at it!! ;)

If Royal decides to cut back on who's allowed in what lounge-you may see this event getting the enhancements!! If you think about it-might not be a bad thing!!!

LOL.....yeah, they'll probably throw Diamonds out of the Event, enhance it a bit and make it the D+ Event.....LOL Hmmmm:rolleyes:

How would that be possible? The changes have not been announced. If there were a "leak" and every person who answers the phone at RCI knew what the changes were going to be you can bet the full details would have been posted here by now. This person was just trying to get you not to cancel your cruise.

She knows as well as I do that I couldn't cancel it now regardless of the changes (without incurring a significant loss anyway). The cruise is in early February.

As I said, she denied knowing of any changes. Her reassuring statements simply caused me to wonder if she did have some knowledge but could not share it. And perhaps she was trying to convey that without breaching protocol.

No matter what the changes are, we really don't care at this point. We both love sailing with RCCL but we're both ready for a change and decided we are going to try other ships along with RCCL ships. You don't know what other lines are like until you try them. Besides, we kind of have the menues and the shows all memorized on RCCL ships so just ready for something different. We'll still sail RCCL ships but just taking a break from them for now......

My opinion on the rumored changes...on a point have not seen any discussion on.

It seems natural that they need to make changes. More and more cruisers are accumulating "points"...however you want to count them, nights, cruises, dollars spent, whatever. If we want the status to mean anything, they have to control how many people are in each tier...in the end, it has costs associated with it. I think the logical thing to do is to expire some of the credits over time kinda like they do on airlines. If you want status, you have to travel "x" miles, dollars, flights, whatever in a year. I'm not suggesting a yearly expiration but something probably more long term. Maybe x points in the last 10 years or something. Yes, your total lifetime points might be interesting but after all...they're going after "frequent cruisers" aren't they? Someone who has 100 points in the last 10 years should be more important than some who has 100 points in the last 50...imho. If they don't do something to cull the herd they are inevitably going to have to change it again when the ranks to too swelled at each level...either dilute the benefits or move the goal line to attain the benefits. If they want to create an enduring system...they have to mange the age of status too.

Bottom line, these programs are getting older now and I think time is a factor that should differentiate their current vs "ex" frequent cruisers.

All that being said, we still have to work for a living (i.e. not retired) and we cruise once a year so it would be nice to maintain diamond status if we cruised at least once a year.

All that being said...Does anyone know if they will be instituting a time-frame component to the new C&A levels?

Actually it was not a rumor. It was posted on Adam's "Why Not?" Blog; "Finally, as we have intimated previously, we look forward to introducing more enhancements to the Crown & Anchor Society in the not too distant future." You can find it here: http://www.nationofwhynot.com/blog/?p=1533

Looking forward to those enhancements on January 12th, just before sailing on the Jewel of the Seas!

Posted June 6,2010!

I just want to personally apologize to all for what I'm sure will be a loss of D+ perks ... as I just attained that status, it is sure to happen. ;)

Where's your hat? :eek:

Are you trying to manipulate RCI into letting you keep your benefits by putting on your tux? :p

Gina

As you pointed out, no balcony discount which is why we went to an inside BUT we do get $250 OBC for owning stock which we wouldn't get on Royal if we took the balcony discount so it is almost a "wash." The cruise is 15 days vs. the usual 14 on Royal.

Tucker in Texas

It is true that you don't get the OBC for stock holder combined with the balcony discount - but - you can get OBC and a balcony discount if you either book while on board or buy a "Why not decide later" cruise (used to be called "next cruise" certificate). You put $100 down per person, don't specify a cruise and when you decide, you can just call them and you get the OBC and the Balcony discount!

I am bummed about the stock holder OBC too and that I can't combine 4 different perks like we used to. But, I also understand that they have a business to run and need to make a profit!

Is any else getting a pop-up to add letag.dll when they click on this thread? :rolleyes: I won't add strange programs to my compter, and I don't know why it is asking. (Just on this thread) :confused:

I downloaded and and am still alive; I like to live on the edge. :D Besides, it was free and I don't often turn down free stuff. :rolleyes:

Agree that it was an enhancement on some ships but on Voyager ones it was not an enhancement! We don't even drink much but liked it because most of our friends that we cruise with are D+ and now we can't hang out with them.

Yes, of course you can.

You just can't hang out with them in a free-drinks place.

:rolleyes:

Is any else getting a pop-up to add letag.dll when they click on this thread? :rolleyes: I won't add strange programs to my compter, and I don't know why it is asking. (Just on this thread) :confused:

It has only started since one poster posted and it comes up on all the threads they have posted to. I did not let it install.

thanks for posting about this. I wonder if they can get it off CC.

You're very welcome. :D Can we report the poster's post that started it? I think it was that Cruiseorwelose person? I don't know what the program is. :rolleyes: EDIT: Cruiseorloseme?

Archived