ms russ

marco_polo11

Sorry pixiegirl-loves-travel. We are on the June 19th sailing. Saw after my post that you had changed your travel dates. Anyone out there on the June 19th sailing? Thanks again pixiegirl-loves-travel for all your information.

Our family did a Baltic Sea cruise in 2005 and we stopped in St. Petersburg for 2 days. Was the same time of year so that is why we chose the June 19th date. Days were endless and we had great weather. Hoping for the same.

• 2 weeks later...
To pixiegirl,

After seeing the photo of your daughter's car, I can only believe that someone was watching over her. Thank goodness she survived without serious injuries. You can always go to Russia some time in the future. Your child is so much more important!!

Sheila

shoshana when are you going on this cruise to Russia. My husband and I are going September 3rd. unfortunately my brother in law and sister in law where supposed to come and he got sick. But it sounds like there are a lot of fun people on this boat Victoria

To Rubmar - It's under Roll Calls --> then All River Cruise Roll Calls --> then the thread "Russian River Cruises - 2012 - All Lines". I'm surprised you can't see it if you're getting to this thread (Uniworld Victoria sept 2012). The "Russian River Cruises 2012 All Lines" should be appearing right near your thread in the list. In any case, I'll try and cut and paste the link, but sometimes the link gets distorted when you try and post it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1559518

Hope that helps. Let me know if you still can't find it.

Hi Guys Im from South Africa and will also be on the MS RUSS on the 10 July 2012,

I only have 39 sleeps left till I fly I am going to spend a few days in Moscow before the trip and a few days at the end as wel. I am getting very excited now. Do you have any info that you think may be needed for the cruise itself?

denny girl~ have a blast! Can't wait to hear your reports!

dinkyc~ you're on my cruise! My daughter and I are flying to Amsterdam first for a few days and then will arrive in Moscow a day early. We're hoping to tour the Armory and go to the Hard Rock Cafe before the cruise. Then we're flying to London after the cruise. Bug spray is a must from what I hear!

I'm a little bummed... Just went to the Mariinsky Theater website to see which ballet will be offered us while docked in St Pete's. Ummmm... there is no ballet at that time!:eek: They have Swan Lake and other ballets listed til mid- July. Then there is no ballet offered until September! The only thing happening during our days is My Fair Lady- done in Russian. While I'm sure I would love it, it's not the ballet... Seeing the Russian ballet is a dream of mine. I wonder if we'll get a chance to see it in Moscow instead at the Bolshoi? They have La Fille Du Pharaon playing on their main state during the Moscow portion of our cruise.

Has anybody had to pay the extra upcharge for inflated gas prices? I've been wondering about that. :confused:

Got confirmation yesterday that our Visa papers were sent off to the Russian consulate and we should get them back mid-June. I'll be glad to check that off the list!

Did anybody else get special paperwork about the cruise/tours/etc before they left? How soon? I've not gotten anything by snail mail from Travel All Russia. Lots of communique by e-mail, but nothing specfic to our particular cruise.

How did everybody handle laundry during the cruise? Sink?

Hi Rolling stone im a bit confused by having to bring my own loo paper on the cruise? can you explain this for me please :-)

While the toilet paper is not great in Russia, do not bring your own for the ship as it will stop up the system on the ship. The ship's toilet system is very sensitive and anything unexpected can cause toilets to not flush. Same as on cruise ships. They use specific toilet paper for a reason.

Pixie

Travel All Russia just doesn't do snail mail. They will send some tip sheets, etc with plugs for their other cruises in a nice folder along with your Visa pasted into your passport (very strange looking seeing your name in Russian - they say to be sure and check the spelling of your name but who the heck can tell if its right). That all comes 2nd day FedEx.

Your final itinerary, reservation numbers, etc. comes in a email about a week before you leave. Our email showed up last Monday.

They are good about answering emails and talking on the phone if you call the 800 number.

TEB3

Thanks Teb3, that's good to know! I'll keep the e-mails with Vera going. I'd been holding off thinking that I'd probably get a "cruise packet" with all that information in it at any moment! They e-mailed me that our Visas were Russia bound and should be back in about 2 weeks. We're four weeks away from leaving for Amsterdam and 4 1/2 from cruise time, so not much leeway for error! My daughter knows enough Russian to tell us if our names are spelled right, but not enough for any big mistakes, lol!

If you have time, check out Tim's cruise pictures. They're amazing!

I just can't believe that in a month I'll be in Europe and Russia! Not bad for a lady who flew for the first time only 7 years ago, eh? I'd only been out of Nebraska a handful of times in my whole life. I've done pretty well in the last 7 years (for a poor, small town gal, lol). Now Russia? Talk about dreams come true!

Dinkyc- it'll be fun to meet up! I'll be the crazy 40something lady with the perpetual smile and the pretty young daughter, lol!

Archived