ms russ

marco_polo11

The Euro/Fusion Rest. is next door to the Moscow hotel.

Here's the url for Vodohod

http://www.atorus.ru/en/companies/company/16.html

and Crucemundo

http://www.riverfleet.com/

and Travel All Russia who we used to make the deal

http://www.travelallrussia.com/

and here is pretty close to the same schedule we were on

http://www.travelallrussia.com/russian-cruise-dates/cruise-78-437.html

so it shows the shore days and tours built in at SP and Moscow.

Lary

Judy~ what time does your flight get in on Tuesday? Perhaps you and your companion could meet up with me and Kaylie to tour the Armory before the cruise? Just a thought...

Thanks! We arrive at 12:25. We have an included transfer to the boat. Do we have any idea what time we need to board? You are probably looking at a morning tour. We've will probably skip the lunch stop on the guided tour and try to do the Armory then. Unless they offer an excursion to the Armory. Not enough info!!!!!

Hi Lisa you got that one right girl the Red square is being repainted by you and me what colour should we use LOL.

I am always laughed at in the family for my very eary packing but this way I dont forget things, only my head :-)

Judy I used the tours by locals web sight it was great.

and express to russia for my boat trip and Moscow tours.

They only serve supper that boarding day and that tends to be later, 7ish. Embarkation officially begins at 2PM. We plan to board about 5ish. From what I've heard most folks will arrive mid-afternoon to early evening.

We're hoping to be in Moscow late morning or lunchtime at the latest. It will depend on traffic as our hotel is halfway between the airport and Moscow. We bought transfers too, but are arranging for our transfer to be from Moscow to the ship, since the hotel offers free shuttle from airport to hotel and from hotel to Moscow. If your flight doesn't come in until 12:30 it could very well be mid to late afternoon by the time you get through customs/security and to the ship. Bummer. :(

My info says the Armory is offered as an "option" on the 1st full day, but it doesn't say what time it's offered. It very well could be offered over the lunch hours. That night they offer the circus, the folk show or Moscow by night. At least thats what my Itinerary says, lol.

We have our whole trip (the cruise) AND the apartment in Moscow post-cruise through Express to Russia. Anastasia and Galina were great to deal with. It is only because of their website that I saw the possibility of the apartment -- something I have wanted to do since an earlier non-cruise trip to Russia's far east when they gave us the use of an apartment to freshen up between the railroad and the rest of the day's activities.

Ansie~ I'm all for painting glittery rainbows all over the place, lol! Get to packin', girl- don't forget your head either- it's easier to talk when you have it with you! Now hopefully I won't forget mine... :eek:

Now where did I put my head? I was sure it was here a moment ago........

Ill be there in full force girl and ready to absorb Russian culture. Ive been collecting Matryoshka dolls for +-30 years now so this is a very special trip for me and very long in the coming.13 sleeps left yes yes yes.

Thanks for the pics, Tehno!

Ansie~ if you can't find your head, it might already be in Russia!

How many matryoshka dolls do you have? I wanted to start a collection years ago when my Russian pen-pal sent me a set, but it's not a cheap collection to accumulate! I've got 3 sets and hope to get a 4th in Russia. As usual, I have champagne tastes on a beer budget!

I can't believe the time is finally near!

Thanks for the pics, Tehno!

Ansie~ if you can't find your head, it might already be in Russia!

How many matryoshka dolls do you have? I wanted to start a collection years ago when my Russian pen-pal sent me a set, but it's not a cheap collection to accumulate! I've got 3 sets and hope to get a 4th in Russia. As usual, I have champagne tastes on a beer budget!

I can't believe the time is finally near!

Hi Lisa I have +-45 sets of matryoshkas and like you I also love the better ones but sometimes I get some cheaper ones just because I like the colours. This time I think Im going to get the little goodies broaches, ear rings, watches, rings and other nicknaks with dolls on. my 3 showcases are quite full. But there is room for one or two more......

You have my head pined down exactly Ive been in Russia in my head for a couple of weeks now. Tick Tock every minute is one closer to our trip.

Ive been on the border of getting flu for a few days now and am panicing i dont want to be ill not now, so im drinking vit c and immune boosters etc . So hold thumbs I dont go down.

I ban you from the flu or any illness, Ansie! Keep taking those meds! I don't know what holding thumbs means, lol, but I'm assuming it's similar to our tradition of crossing fingers for good luck. I'll do both!

Oh, I wish I could see your matryoshka collection, but I don't think I'll be in S. Africa anytime soon, lol! There are such beautiful ones out there. Finding them isn't easy, though internet shopping has changed that. But to find authentic ones... I got mine at a store called Babushka at the Mall of America (which is 8 hours away- not handy). It was run by beautiful but snooty Russian women. All they had were matryoshkas. You could get a cheap set for the price of a McDonalds meal, or spend several housepayments for a fancy set. Mine are more on the McDonalds end, lol! :p

11 Days!

Thanks for the support girl and Yes holding thumbs is the same as crossing fingers so keep at it im still feeling like im going down . I got my dolls from all over my first was in Germany, then Check republic, Hungary, Finland,Estonia, Alaska and Russia but friends got it for me but now at last my own from Russia.

To Dinkyc,

Call your doctor and get some anti-biotics to take with you for Russia. I ALWAYS travel with them in case I start running a fever and feel awful. It's so much easier than suffering and having to find a doctor in a foreign country. Don't know if your river boat has a doctor available, but don't trust it to luck.

Sheila

To Dinkyc,

Call your doctor and get some anti-biotics to take with you for Russia. I ALWAYS travel with them in case I start running a fever and feel awful. It's so much easier than suffering and having to find a doctor in a foreign country. Don't know if your river boat has a doctor available, but don't trust it to luck.

Sheila

I agree! I am allergic to a lot of antibiotics and it is just easier when I bring my own. I seem to get sinus infections and bronchitis a lot and it is easier to just have my own.

Hi Coral,

There we go again -- agreeing with one another!!! Just found out that there were lots of people who were very very sick when we left Moscow last September. There apparently was a bug going around the ship. I used my wipes all the time since I also tend to get bronchitis.

Sheila

Holding thumbs... I love it! I have a new saying. :D You'll have to show me how to actually do it though, lol.

The ladies are right, keep on with the antibiotic! We do have a doc on board, but who knows how easy or difficult it might be to get a good exam if you're sick or access to good antibiotics at a fair price.

Tomorrow is phone call day for me. Time to order currency (I've been putting it off trying to decide how much to get!), get doc notes for meds (and a possible antibiotic to take along), call the credit card companies and bank to give travel notice, etc.

Back to packing. :rolleyes:

Hi guys i went to my doc yesterday and she has me on a strong anti biotic and a load of other stuff. Im at home in bed trying to mend at a speed. I think I will bring along an anti biotic just incase I start on round 2 while im away. I dont trust the comunication and meds in Russia either..

Ill show you how to hold thumbs when we meet ok. :-)

Does anyone know where we dock in St. Petersburg? There are two choices - October Embankment or River Station. We are meeting someone in St. Petersburg on our free day so we need to know where we will be and which Metro station to meet!

Docking area: Utkina Zavod know as the Salt Pier. It`s right off any maps!

Address: Oktyabrskaya Nab. 31

Utkina Zavod is located on the opposite bank of the Neva from Proletarskaya metro station. There is a complimentary shuttle between the Proletarskaya metro station and the pier. The shuttle schedule will depend on the number of ships docked on that particular day but mostly leaves on the half hour.

Ships dock at two locations here but use the same metro. One is within walking distance of Proletarskaya metro and the other in a really inconvenient location, beyond walking distance to absolutely anything.

I'm glad you're resting, Ansie. Get those germs out of the way before the trip!

Thanks for the info, Denny. Are you back on US time yet? :p

My daughter started her packing today. Fortunately, she has a goodly amount of extra room in her bags- so we have space for those Matryoshkas!

Got currency ordered, banks called, a travel phone on it's way to me and all of my little goodies are arriving in the mail, slowly but surely (travel clothesline, sink sized Tide packets, skin so soft for the skeeters, etc. etc.). You'd think I was leaving for a month!

Oh yeah, :D I pretty much am! ;)

map_piter_utkina.gif

proletarskaya.jpg

Port: Utkin Creek. St. Petersburg http://maps.google.ru/maps/ms?source=s_q&hl=ru&geocode=&ie=UTF8&hq=%D0%92%D0%BE%D0%BB%D0%B6%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B0%D1%8F+%D0%BD%D0%B0%D0%B1.,+%D0%B4.+4&hnear=%D0%B3%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B4+%D0%AF%D1%80%D0%BE%D1%81%D0%BB%D0%B0%D0%B2%D0%BB%D1%8C,+%D0%AF%D1%80%D0%BE%D1%81%D0%BB%D0%B0%D0%B2%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B0%D1%8F+%D0%BE%D0%B1%D0%BB%D0%B0%D1%81%D1%82%D1%8C&msa=0&msid=211463404945266631781.00049a31323db30f5ad01&ll=54.337145,48.383102&spn=0.145318,0.307274&z=12

Address jetty Utkin Creek - October Embankment 31. (59.858997 30.499249)

Directions: pier is located on the opposite bank of the River Station, upstream of the river Neva.

In this connection, will be provided a free express bus (marked "Vodohod") on the route: metro station "proletarian" - pier "Utkin's Creek" (aboard ship).

Conditions of entry to the pier of private vehicles: vehicle / bus - 500 rubles., Passenger car - 130 rubles.

A detailed schedule of free bus-express. Any information you can call: (495) 730-58-85, 223-96-30, 223-96-40.

Please note that to board the bus will be based only on presentation of a driver card or turputevku guest on the cruise.

The service is free of charge!

If you do not have time to express coach or want to get to the subway / to the ship at a time when the service "Express Bus" is not available, you can use public land transport plying between the area of ​​the metro station "Lomonosov" and district "Utkin's Creek" . By this route buses and taxis № 476, № 119 from 07.00 to 23.00.

WARNING! from 2012 all the ships of the company operating cruises with Russian tourists will stand on the dock Riverport. Ships operating with foreign tourists (including those who sold the place for Russian tourists) will continue to be on the dock Utkin Creek (except for some flights.)

The description of each specified flight on which the dock will be ship.

Уткина Заводь... м. Пролетарская

09:00 .........................09:00

09:30 .........................09:30

10:00 .........................10:00

10:30.........................10:30

11:00.........................11:00

Перерыв 11:30

Перерыв Перерыв

12:30 Перерыв

13:00 13:00

13:30 13:30

14:00 14:00

14:30 14:30

15:00 15:00

15:30 15:30

16:00 16:00

16:30 16:30

17:00 17:00

17:30 17:30

18:00 18:00

18:30 18:30

19:00 19:00

19:30 19:30

20:00 20:00

I cant seem to shake this flu ive been in bed 5 days now . I just got 8 days till take off and I better get rid of this bug by then.

Teno I googled that pier and you are right its far out of town I was hoping we would be able to get around on our own and walk to see some places if we wanted but being so far out is just not cool we have to use the public transport to get anywhere thats worth seeing. They better have a good day trip plan worked out for us.

When does your flight get into Moscow, Ansie? Can you arrange an extra transfer into town with your travel agent? If you're getting in early, it would be a shame to be "stuck" on the boat when there aren't many people on it yet. You could sure join K and I if you could arrange transport into the city.

I'm sorry you feel so poorly. I hope the anti-biotic kicks in soon!

My power "step-down" converter and extension cord arrived in the mail today! My International phone should arrive by Fed Ex anytime today.

1 week!

Archived