RuthC--are you snowed in?

NoWhiners

I can't answer for the snow, but I'm quite sure Ruth's next cruise is 27 February on the Volendam. I have my hopes up that RevNeal will also be posting again by then as he is listed for that cruise also.

I think after this week she'll be quite ready for that.

Roy

...I'm quite sure Ruth's next cruise is 27 February on the Volendam. I have my hopes up that RevNeal will also be posting again by then as he is listed for that cruise also.

I was supposed to be, Roy, but I had to cancel due to work-related duties.

I replaced it with a Transatlantic crossing on the Noordam, sailing out of Rome on October 25th.

Happy to see you here, Greg. :)

As to OP's question about snow......

I'm not RuthC, obviously, and am some outside of Boston. We got about 21" of new snow on top of what was left from the last storm that dropped 19". I just got in from a walk and the mounds of snow are breathtaking to see.

Today is gloriously beautiful but too cold for much melting.

DH's secretary cruised last week and was unable to get back to Boston yesterday. Hope she makes it hope safely today. IThe downside of winter cruising for people in snowbelt.)

Heard on the news yesterday, that 49 of 50 states had snow on the ground yesterday.

The only state to have no ground snow is Florida. (Even Hawaii boasts of some.)

Rev Neal,

You have been missed from these boards.

Welcome back.

Ditto

Ditto, but as a half Methodist I appreciate everything Greg does both on cruise critic and in his day job. Sounds like he may not have a chance to post much for a while but his wisdom will be well worth waiting for.

Roy

Ditto, but as a half Methodist I appreciate everything Greg does both on cruise critic and in his day job. Sounds like he may not have a chance to post much for a while but his wisdom will be well worth waiting for.

Thank you, Roy, and everybody else.

"Half-Methodist?"

Happy to see you here, Greg. :)

As to OP's question about snow......

I'm not RuthC, obviously, and am some outside of Boston. We got about 21" of new snow on top of what was left from the last storm that dropped 19". I just got in from a walk and the mounds of snow are breathtaking to see.

Today is gloriously beautiful but too cold for much melting.

DH's secretary cruised last week and was unable to get back to Boston yesterday. Hope she makes it hope safely today. IThe downside of winter cruising for people in snowbelt.)

Heard on the news yesterday, that 49 of 50 states had snow on the ground yesterday.

The only state to have no ground snow is Florida. (Even Hawaii boasts of some.)

Hi sail

used to go to school in upstate NY and we got tons of snow (Oswego, right on Lake Ontario). Living in albuquerque, we rarely get much but 2 or 3 years ago we got 10" and that was plenty. I don't miss shoveling at all, but if you can just stay inside, storms aren't too bad!! i do know how beautiful it can be on a clear sunny day after a storm though! if it doesn't warm up, it will stick around for a while. one nice thing about being out here--most times, the little snow we get melts by noon!!

ML

Thank you, Roy, and everybody else.

"Half-Methodist?"

My church in the "new town" of Columbia Maryland was formed during the ecumenical tide of the late 60's as a joint venture of the United Methodist Church and Presbyterian Church USA. We are part of both the Baltimore Conference and Baltimore Presbytery and report half our membership to both denominations, alternating between them when we get a new pastor. We also share out building with a Roman Catholic Congregation.

www.sjunited.org

I also grew up in Syracuse New York and am very grateful that Baltimore was spared the event that occurred in New England this weekend.

Roy

My church in the "new town" of Columbia Maryland was formed during the ecumenical tide of the late 60's as a joint venture of the United Methodist Church and Presbyterian Church USA. We are part of both the Baltimore Conference and Baltimore Presbytery and report half our membership to both denominations, alternating between them when we get a new pastor. We also share out building with a Roman Catholic Congregation.

www.sjunited.org

I also grew up in Syracuse New York and am very grateful that Baltimore was spared the event that occurred in New England this weekend.

Thanks Roy! That's quite cool. I've known several ecumenical cooperative parishes, but have never served one as pastor. I'm always in favor of such arrangements, when and where it's possible.

Hi Ruth

saw you posted yesterday and I remembered you are in RI. Did you get hit with a ton of snow? Did it inspire you to book another cruise?

When is your next cruise? Inquiring (and idle!) minds want to know!

ML

Thanks for asking. It seemed like a literal "ton" of snow in the yard and driveway. I awoke to see my shrubs splat-flat on the ground, held down by a mass of snow. We had about 11", and it was very wet. The temperature dropped drasticly, so in effect, it's a block of cement covering everything.

I am blessed with good neighbors. They got my driveway cleaned out, and a path to my door shoveled. Always comforting to know the EMT's can get in easily, should the need arise! ;)

I have back-to-back cruises coming up in late Feb/March, and another booked for June. Heading up to the cold and snowy top of Norway again. :D

Florida may be the only state that hasn't had snow. However, here in SW Florida we've had two hard freezes in one week. I just got the garden looking lovely after three hard freezes last winter, and it looks like someone passed by and sprayed Agent Orange. At least shoveling dead leaves is easier than shoveling heavy snow...which I did for years since I'm from NY State. I keep and ice scrapper in the trunk to remind me how lucky I am.

I can't wait until I transit the Panama Canal in April and feel that damp heat on my face.

I was supposed to be, Roy, but I had to cancel due to work-related duties.

I replaced it with a Transatlantic crossing on the Noordam, sailing out of Rome on October 25th.

Rev. Neal,

We, also, are on that cruise. Having read so many of your posts, I am very much looking foward to meeting you.

Virginia

Thanks for asking. It seemed like a literal "ton" of snow in the yard and driveway. I awoke to see my shrubs splat-flat on the ground, held down by a mass of snow. We had about 11", and it was very wet. The temperature dropped drasticly, so in effect, it's a block of cement covering everything.

I am blessed with good neighbors. They got my driveway cleaned out, and a path to my door shoveled. Always comforting to know the EMT's can get in easily, should the need arise! ;)

I have back-to-back cruises coming up in late Feb/March, and another booked for June. Heading up to the cold and snowy top of Norway again. :D

Glad you are alright and didn't lose power.

Hi sail

used to go to school in upstate NY and we got tons of snow (Oswego, right on Lake Ontario). Living in albuquerque, we rarely get much but 2 or 3 years ago we got 10" and that was plenty. I don't miss shoveling at all, but if you can just stay inside, storms aren't too bad!! i do know how beautiful it can be on a clear sunny day after a storm though! if it doesn't warm up, it will stick around for a while. one nice thing about being out here--most times, the little snow we get melts by noon!!

ML

Ain't that the truth!!!! Love snow, but hate the shovelling of it. Hubby retired here for the lack of snow in the city:) Said he'd had enough snow being raised in Indianapolis and being stationed off of Lake Seneca (Finger Lakes region) New York State.

Greg, Welcome back!!!

Joanie

Just make sure you have enough chocolates on hand should you get snowed in until then! :D

happy to hear you made out Ok--good neighbors are a blessing. One of our neighbors has a heart condition, and when we got our big snowstorm a couple of years ago, my hubby shoveled their driveway after he did ours. Our neighbor thanked him the next day (almost in tears) and ever since, every xmas, hubby get a big box of homemade cookies at xmas!!

Your shrubs should recover in the spring--a little sunshine does wonders! have fun on the cruises (Norway--really, after this winter??). i like the "keep chocolates handy" idea. Not too many--or those EMTs will be visiting :-)!!

ML

Ain't that the truth!!!! Love snow, but hate the shovelling of it. Hubby retired here for the lack of snow in the city:) Said he'd had enough snow being raised in Indianapolis and being stationed off of Lake Seneca (Finger Lakes region) New York State.

Greg, Welcome back!!!

Joanie

Hi Joanie

hope you are staying warm. it finally hit 40 over here (NE heights) today. looks like it may warm up to normal now. i am ready--it was 10 degrees 2 days ago and 22 last night-brrr!!

ML

Archived