Remember Those Little Bottles

dag144

Does anyone know which ships have the new dispensers?

I know the Noordam has them as they put them in on 12/29. I only had one shower with them and loved it.

I know it nice to take the liitle bottles home but I find the annoying when on the cruise and trying to open the little bottles. On this last cruise I washed my hair with the body wash - egads :eek:

I have these types of dispensers in both of our homes so I'm glad to see them on our "third" home. But I did notice the dispenser in the tub was leaking and causing a mess. Hope they can figure that out.

KK's photo shows the bath gel on the right. Shampoo on the left and conditioner in the middle.

I still would like to know about bar soap, though!

Yes, me too. I like both the Elemis face and bath soap.

Hope they will still offer them.

The only bar soap we got on the Nieuw Amsterdam was the white bar of soap -- just one of them.

These were installed during our cruise on the Westerdam last week. They were functional by Wednesday I believe. They are: shampoo, conditioner and shower gel. Had to pump like crazy for first use on shampoo and shower gel. Never could get conditioner to come out despite 200 pumps or so- It is of much thicker viscosity than the other 2.

These were installed during our cruise on the Westerdam last week. They were functional by Wednesday I believe. They are: shampoo, conditioner and shower gel. Had to pump like crazy for first use on shampoo and shower gel. Never could get conditioner to come out despite 200 pumps or so- It is of much thicker viscosity than the other 2.

The little bottles of conditioner were the same way when you first used them -- thick and hard to get out. After the first use you could add water and thin it out. But unfortunately you can't do that with the dispenser.

When we were on the Nieuw Amsterdam we had the new dispensers. We really liked them. Much easier to use and for you souvenir hounds...good news...there were some little bottles by our second sink. I don't know if that just goes for suites or not...and I forgot :o to take some home. :):)

On the NA we got both the bath soap and the glycerine soap and they were replaced a couple of times during the two week cruise. I guess it all depends on the stewards you have.

Thank you. Happy to hear you were provided both the types of soap. I really like them.

On the NA we got both the bath soap and the glycerine soap and they were replaced a couple of times during the two week cruise. I guess it all depends on the stewards you have.

We also got both on the Noordam recently. We did not get a bottle of liquid soap for handwashing.

We will bring our own shampoo, conditioner and other products. Usually, the night prior to a cruise we stay at a hotel and therefore, will take the products from the hotel room and bring them on the ship for our use.

Also will but the smaller size bottles in the drug store before we leave. They often have the travel sizes.

The website http://www.minimus.biz has all kinds of travel size items. I have bought many items from them. Free shipping for orders of just $25 or more. You'll be amazed at all the things they have there.

Your comment makes me wonder if they have done away with bath gel?

Are the containers soap, shampoo and conditioner?

No bath gel/bubbles for those of us who love a bubble bath when on vacation?

Wouldn't the bath gel be in what you call the soap dispenser?

Does anyone know which ships have the new dispensers?
They first appeared on the Nieuw A last July, and are continuing to appear as each ship goes through a dry-dock since then. So my guess is that N.A., Noordam, Rotterdam, and Amsterdam have them now, and in Apr Eurodam, Maasdam, Veendam, and Volendam will join them.

I still would like to know about bar soap, though!
We had the usual two kinds of bar soap on the N.A.

When I first saw this thread, I thought they were talking about the

'little bottles' at the bar. In South Carolina, until about a year ago, if you went to a restaraunt or bar, you were served with the 'airline' bottles. It was very interesting.

I had heard something about this having moved to North Carolina a year ago. I just did a bing search and found a USA Today article dated December 2005:

South Carolina voters amended their constitution last year to toss out the mini-bottle mandate, which required that every drink sold in bars, restaurants and hotels be made using the little containers found on commercial airlines and in hotel minibars. The state's mini-bottle law is one of the last echoes of the Prohibition era, the period from 1920-33 when the federal government banned alcohol.

Diane

I think this is great both NCL and Crystal have these same Elemis dispensers. It was a paind getting the conditioner and soap out of the little bottles.

Now I just wish that HAL would offer the wonderful smelling liquid hand soap that both NCL and Crystal have at the sinks.

00909_xl.jpg

Yes, bath gel was in the third dispenser. Did get some soap bars but not as many as in the old days. On the Navigation Deck of the Zaandam, the deck with thirty large suites, there are four teams of stewards two on port and the others on the starboard side. They work their tails off, but get the job done promptly and always with a smile. HAL is lucky to have started its tradition of Indonesian cabin stewards. They are amazing! Incidentally, despite no bottles, the cruise was great.:)

I have always brought my own soap, shampoo, etc. on our cruises. I never liked Elemis. I brought my bottles home as well as from hotels we stayed in and my DIL takes them to the Ronald McDonald house. Her and another Nurse take whatever they can to help the parents staying there.:)

If you click on the picture I posted and enlarge it -- you will the first dispenser is shampoo -- the second one if the conditioner -- and the third one is the liquid bath gel.

KK, I clicked on your pic to enlarge it but it wouldn't work for me! What am I doing wrong?:(

FWIW I can see a small upside of using these dispensers: no more fumbling around for the tops of the shampoo bottle when you drop them in the shower.

I'll reserve passing judgement until I can try them for a week or so. I do appreciate KK's picture. :)

Hi Jacqui;

Hoping that you might drop a fellow Canadian (and first time HAL cruiser this March with a question or two) a line here:

stephenlewis@rogers.com

I've seen some comments (and asked some questions) on the HAL and Roll Call Boards and am still concerned about stuff.

You seem to be the one with the greatest experiences and I don't want to gum up the board more than necessary!

Thanks.

Archived